-
Posts
1,030 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by rickjames
-
How long does WSUS Server Cleanup wizard take?!
rickjames replied to rickjames's topic in Windows Server 2012
Ah, a whole load of them are 32 bit. How on Earth can I chuck all these out entirely? -
How long does WSUS Server Cleanup wizard take?!
rickjames replied to rickjames's topic in Windows Server 2012
After messing about endlessly and installing via Powershell instead I seem to have got it working; well the post-installation setup didn't throw up any errors and WSUS opens up OK. Now to deal with 3275 security updates and 1550 critical ones for approval, a lot of which I'm sure are completely uneccessary. -
I like how Blatter comissioned the go ahead for FIFA to spend £16m on a film with Tim Roth as himself where he's considered a hero of the game.
-
Football is corrupt? Who knew?
-
How long does WSUS Server Cleanup wizard take?!
rickjames replied to rickjames's topic in Windows Server 2012
Right, had a go at removing and adding WSUS again, but running into problems. Upon starting WSUS and getting the post-installation process I get this error Fatal error: 'Failed to start and configure the WSUS Service' It then presents me with a log file below I thought it might be something to do with it processing a previous configuration change? I've restarted just now, run it again and get the same error. Any help would be massively appreciated! -
Do you have a policy on Google Glass / wearable tech?
rickjames replied to theriver's topic in General Chat
Please do tell of whatever incident you've come across, it's only fair. -
How long does WSUS Server Cleanup wizard take?!
rickjames replied to rickjames's topic in Windows Server 2012
Cheers, will investigate further. -
How long does WSUS Server Cleanup wizard take?!
rickjames replied to rickjames's topic in Windows Server 2012
Is uninstalling and reinstalling WSUS relatively straightforward? Ie is there anything from the previous installation I might need to copy over blahblahblahblah? -
Yeah, I'd like some Lego
-
90% of the time I just give up ever achieving such a thing.
-
Chrome everywhere. Still surprises me how many staff use IE.
-
-
Always wanted to follow a scheme with Simpsons characters, but never had the chance. Ah.
-
Since the start of the year mostly studying for stuff, currently deep into my Network+ book and kind of getting ahead of myself with thinking about MCSA stuff. Guess this year I've just had a bit of a motivational kick to get me doing stuff. If I can cover a few chapters of an evening in the living room with the football on I'm relatively happy, will only wind up getting bogged down once I buy lab equipment etc. Other stuff aside I'll generally wind up at the cinema. Kinda upped my cooking game as well, but coupled with study time eats into my evening somewhat.
-
Yorkshire Pudding around the meat? That sounds so bizarre. Generally I'll just throw my potatoes around whatever meat and season the thing. Pudding/Stuffing etc are in once the meat is done and under foil.
-
Trying to think logically of why this would be an IT person's job...
-
Bump. Anyone had a go with this? Easy to do for a complete novice? Our software install process essentially involves an autoinstall.vbs that goes and pulls a load of Windows Updates before installing everything of ours.
-
Better get the jumpers ready for winter
-
Just gonna blame the elderly...
-
How long does WSUS Server Cleanup wizard take?!
rickjames replied to rickjames's topic in Windows Server 2012
Also just tried it in Powershell, same results, pah. -
How long does WSUS Server Cleanup wizard take?!
rickjames replied to rickjames's topic in Windows Server 2012
I get this after about a minute -
How long does WSUS Server Cleanup wizard take?!
rickjames replied to rickjames's topic in Windows Server 2012
I've just run each one individually, or tried. The unused updates and update revisions one just resets the server node. Cleared about 25gb from the option options so obviously this is where the bulk of it must lie. Desperately want rid of any 32bit/Win 7 based update none of machines need whatsoever. -
How long does WSUS Server Cleanup wizard take?!
rickjames replied to rickjames's topic in Windows Server 2012
Oh f****ing great, server node reset. This is a problem if it's going to carry on doing this. -
Also had some chap outside asking for peoples voting/polling card numbers, his reasoning so 'that politicians don't bother you'. It looked like a vaguely legitimate thing aimed at determining turnout, but I didn't have my polling card on me. Walked in and out, easy job.
-
Barry was on like, once? Philomena is great.
