nLinked
Members-
Posts
168 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by nLinked
-
FMS giving error: exception ewin32error in module finance.exe at 0000f08b
nLinked replied to nLinked's topic in MIS Systems
Well how odd. I started the Print Spooler service to enabled and started. The error changed to: Runtime error 217 at 00025AFE EDIT: And now I've added a printer (there were none), and FMS is working! Printing must an absolute requirement for FMS! -
FMS giving error: exception ewin32error in module finance.exe at 0000f08b
nLinked replied to nLinked's topic in MIS Systems
Just tried a reboot, no joy, same error. It's Server 2003. -
FMS giving error: exception ewin32error in module finance.exe at 0000f08b
nLinked replied to nLinked's topic in MIS Systems
Updated SIMS .net to Spring. It was working before this ::rolls eyes:: SIMS is fine though -
FMS giving error: exception ewin32error in module finance.exe at 0000f08b
nLinked replied to nLinked's topic in MIS Systems
Nice, will try a reboot and see how it goes! -
We are now using the Burconix one above. Is there any way to log which teacher resets which account?
-
I know an IP of a device in a Cisco switch. I run this command: sh ip arp It gives a list of IP's connected to that switch, but, the hardware address column all have the same MAC address. Why is that? I need it to give the MAC for each of devices, they should be unique?!
-
This one looks brilliant! I've tried the Password Control one from Wisesoft but am not sure how to lock down options in the program so teachers don't fiddle with them. But this Burconix one looks very clean, simple, and restrictable. Exactly what we're after. Thanks all!
-
Is there any such method so we can give teachers the power to reset a student's forgotten password? We get many students "forgetting" them and it's a daily bother. I've seen some paid options. Is there a free way, like a VB program that asks a teacher to enter the student's username, and when they click Reset, it automatically sets their password to "password" and will ask the student to change it on next logon? It should not allow teachers to reset domain admin's passwords though!
-
I found the problem shortcut. It's target no longer existed. The opening of the menu was still a bit slow though. After putting them in subfolders, they open much, much quicker.
-
Thanks for all the replies everyone. I've just tried the above as a user group policy. I enabled both. It still took ages. I then decided to make subfolders inside a folder which had many shortcuts. The majority of those folders opened immedietely. But only one subfolder took as long to load as it did before I made these subfolders. Meaning one of those shortcuts creating this slowness is in that subfolder. Just have to find out which one. But even if that's the case, why didn't the above work to ignore resolving it? Is there any way to maybe prevent the shortcut icons appearing? Maybe it's trying to resolve shortcut icons?
-
Our systems are on Windows XP Pro on a domain. All users have a redirected start menu in one share so we can manage program shortcuts from one place. But some menus take above 15 seconds to open when a user browses the start menu. I think it's to do with the fact that some of those programs aren't installed so it tries looking for them with no luck. Any way to beat this lookup delay? Is there any way to speed up browsing of a redirected start menu? Any tips or any way you manage redirected shortcuts to programs? Thanks
-
Possible to bypass Network Policy Server for smartphones?
nLinked replied to nLinked's topic in Wireless Networks
Thanks, that sounds like exactly what I need. I've tried making a new AD group, put my user in it, added it in NPS, made a new WLAN, still won't allow me until I specifically remove the machine condition. -
Possible to bypass Network Policy Server for smartphones?
nLinked replied to nLinked's topic in Wireless Networks
I can indeed setup a new SSID. I made a new one and had it set to 802.1x. When connecting on the phone with this new SSID, it prompts for my AD username and password, it tries to get an IP address from our DHCP server, and I think NPS kicks in and prevents the phone connecting. If I go into NPS and remove the condition to only allow laptops, it works. I don't mind having a new SSID but why is NPS still kicking in? -
Possible to bypass Network Policy Server for smartphones?
nLinked replied to nLinked's topic in Wireless Networks
Thanks. The only problem with this is the NPS machine policy in which we have laptops in will still exist, still preventing phones. If I remove this machine policy and use users only, it will allow any user to connect with any device. If I use users only but with MAC filtering, we'll need to add the MAC of hundreds of laptops. -
We have NPS component installed on Server 2008 R2 with a policy to only allow certain Windows laptops (from an AD group) to connect to our wireless network. This works great. However, it also prevents smartphone/tablet devices from connecting as we can't add Android or Apple devices to the AD group. Yet we still require the devices to connect using 802.1x so users can be authenticated. If I remove the condition in NPS so that all devices can connect, smartphones connect fine, but then this allows any device to connect. Is there any way to allow non-Windows devices to not be restricted by the condition in NPS?
-
That's correct, would like to extend across 4 displays from the same computer.
-
Can this card allow 4 monitors to connect, each with its own display (not cloned)? EVGA GTX 550Ti SuperClocked 1GB GDDR5 DVI HDMI PCI-E.. | Ebuyer.com
-
We are using a RADIUS server (Network Policy Server) installed on Windows Server 2008 to authenticate AD username and passwords when connecting to wireless. Laptops connect just fine without asking for any certificate. iPhone's ask to accept a certificate. We're not using any certificate as far as I know. Is there a way so iPhone's will just connect without prompting this? I want it so the username and password are accepted and that's it.
-
[sims] SIMS .net Examination Module hangs on submission
nLinked replied to nLinked's topic in MIS Systems
We tried on another computer and it had the same problem, but after a long time, around 30 mins, it finally went through. Not sure of the cause. There is sufficient space. But earlier on the same day it was near instant, seconds. -
We are having some trouble submitting results for OCR. When clicking Submit within SIMS .net, SIMS freezes. It was working fine but has started all of a sudden. I have checked the Inbox, Outbox, and holding folder paths in A2C and they are correct. The connection tests pass. The attached screen is the one which says Not Responding and just hangs there. SIMS .net is version 7.142. I would be grateful for any guidance please or suggestions.
-
We have many HP printers on the network and have HP Web JetAdmin to provide email alerts when toner is low. Is there any other solution apart from HP Web JetAdmin? Something lighter perhaps? How do you manage toner alerts?
-
Motorised projector screen with network control?
nLinked posted a topic in AV and Multimedia Related
Does anyone know of an electric projector screen which can be controlled over a wired network to open and close (roll up) it? -
[android] Android tablets for schools, how does the Market work?
nLinked replied to nLinked's topic in Mobile Devices & Tablets
That's good. This looks interested although not a tablet: Business & Education - Chromebook
