Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

rich_tech

Members
  • Posts

    2,374
  • Joined

Everything posted by rich_tech

  1. As I said earlier in the thread, this is the best type of trunking cutter bar none in my experience - its neat and easy with nothing jagged of full of burrs which hacksaws leave you with, it's also fine on the square and round trunking too. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Draper-27632-Plastic-Vinyl-Cutter/dp/B00BWR9ZPG/ref=lp_1938878031_1_1?s=diy&ie=UTF8&qid=1538925701&sr=1-1 - this isn't the exact one, but its the type I have used, I bought mine for about £6 on Amazon a few years back.
  2. We’re looking to dump Sysaid where I work, it’s not great I wouldn’t recommend it, we found it over exaggerates it’s functionality and it’s quite clunky
  3. Consequence on removing VLANs = call quality may suffer if your network is congested because voip traffic would be on same network as all your other data moving about the network.
  4. potentially the saviour of the DC movies with that one, only one so far ive watched and though looks decent
  5. I don't like the newer keyboards on the touch bar versions of the mac and MacBook, they don't have a nice feel when typing to me compared to the older MBP keyboard which I have
  6. the last one was such a let down with its 12 Rating I thought, it was nowhere near a patch on the Paul Verhoeven original
  7. why are these sales always mid month ages away from payday ? Steam is the same too, always horrible timing, although I suppose it saves me cash with the timing on these events too at the same time.
  8. Haven’t touched since they wrecked it tbh, no way near the same quality since kraft fiddled with recipes after buying
  9. If they logging on with rdp is it pulling their local printers across to the session ? That causes issues for a server where I work unless people untick that option on their client as it reverts to a label printer here in event of mapping printer
  10. Congratulations on renewing, BGP being introduced is a big step I think, thats quite a complicated protocol from my understanding, I had to learn Frame Relay for mine then forget about it all after I passed the ICND2, RIP was ok too in terms of technology, though it was old. I am working my way through pluralsight at the moment going towards CCDA and its ok so far, bit general, but the theory is sound enough.
  11. What do logs say on it? Anything triggered and fixed itself like write timeouts?
  12. Trunking cutter is found cheaper searching for plastic pipe shears, their original use, I picked mine up on eBay for about £5 and it’s much cleaner than a hacksaw
  13. also factor in two power supplies if your plugs and sockets are not accessible easily as users won't want to dive under desks repeatedly to plug stuff in or out, we found that out where I work, because we use suspended baskets for connections under the desks. We generally buy them for our laptop users here because of that issue.
  14. cisco stuff is a decent standard to learn, its also generally transferrable to the majority of other switches, you just need to learn the individual quirks of the different makes, I am having fun at the moment programming the Dell Powerconnect switches where I work to work with Shoretel phones on VLANs. Pluralsight is excellent as well and surprisingly affordable if your organisation won't pay for training (£20 a month or thereabouts)
  15. I have a little over a year left on mine and I am looking to do the CCDA here next, have bought the book, failing that it will be ICND2, time is low atm as work is very busy with projects for me
  16. I think im more surprised at this juncture that Yahoo is still going after all these years considering. Trillian used to be great as a "uniclient" for all, aside from IRC, it wasnt too good on that as I recall.
  17. rich_tech

    RIP TB

    Thats awful, I have watched a lot of his stuff on Youtube
  18. I have used the inbuilt quick migration in Veeam recently to get a VM from a host with space issues to another host after vmware refused to move it or export it off because of space issues, it worked fine and flawlessly, though it did take its time (host was a very low specced machine I had to use in an emergency at the time) I am not sure if Veeam offers you that option on the hyper-v side, but its worth looking (thats assuming you use Veeam as well though)
  19. Hello All, I want to know if anyone here is using a proper email archiving product that works with O365 ? if so, what and rough costs ? At the moment, I work for a company which has about 250-270 users and were on E3 O365, we have an account setup for archiving that we BCC every email into on our tenancy, which is the old fashioned way, so if we miss checking this account, it fills up and when it hits 100GB falls over, we have to download the mails to a pst and manually clear space which is quite a cumbersome task overall, today it was 100GB and 660,000+ items which as you can imagine is taking a seriously long time to download on our network so I am seeing if other things are more viable alternatives to this task. Thanks, Rich
  20. From looking at local one here, the “up to” discounts are just stickers, they haven’t really dropped prices those are still ridiculous compared to online here, it’s no wonder they went bust
  21. Bitdefender free caused a major issue with my windows machine a while back with its certificates on the free version, to the point I uninstalled it and went to Panda Free AV here on my windows box.
  22. looks very good and appealing to me, loved Karate kid when I was younger, just a shame I wont be watching it over here as its not an option for us
  23. VMware converter all the way, makes p2v / v2v pretty flawless, I converted physical, Citrix xenserver and virtualbox straight into the cluster I built
  24. working from home today, our Cardiff sites were shut because of the red weather warning in effect, I didn't venture to the office after seeing a forecast from Cardiff where it was coming down heavy by the castle, still supporting our sites though around the country though remotely
  25. Thycotic are a reputable company, they make Secret Server which is an highly regarded credential storage product
×
×
  • Create New...