Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

rich_tech

Members
  • Posts

    2,374
  • Joined

Everything posted by rich_tech

  1. I think theres been too much publicity on this event for what it is, not one person shed a tear for him, it should only have been about the victims also, not the depravity committed by the pair of them, I genuinely can't believe some channels are running documentaries on this either, CH5 being one I see here now.
  2. going a little off topic, it is going well, loved my time in Education to be fair and it played a big hand in getting me current skills wise to get a job where I am now, I hit top of scale within the school and it was quite a constrained system in Swansea at the time because of the level of LEA involvement within the domain and its infrastructure management for me (I got on well with all the people on LEA side to be fair and I did see both sides of the coin as to its demarcation and controls). New place I work - full control of a domain and its infrastructure and it really focuses you in a different way to working in a school I find, especially when stuff really is critical to making the business its product.
  3. Aye I jumped ship to industry a little over 12 months ago now
  4. I have a few domains for different things, but I have a surname.org.uk for my professional stuff so it goes [email protected] (had to use .org.uk as all others were registered at the time), also have an office365 setup on them for mail to make it all easy (only £4 a month for the basic account with business essentials)
  5. you can filter out a lot of stuff on the backend with exchange online, my organisation filters all exes and any files that can be executed also using it at the moment. It does help to educate staff about attachments too
  6. still can't help but feel this is going to be poor, trailer only left me lukewarm there on it.
  7. http://www.expta.com/2013/08/fixing-sign-on-name-for-renamed-users.html give that a try
  8. Excel and comms express here all the way
  9. You can email the guy and pay him consultancy to help, he wasn't that expensive if it's the script I'm thinking of
  10. You can email the guy and pay him consultancy to help, he wasn't that expensive if it's the script I'm thinking of
  11. I realised that with the op, The rest of the forum dynamically updates to show the current username of the person, it appears missing in the app though
  12. yes its the iOS app on both phone and iPad displaying that behaviour
  13. Hello, I noticed the update to the add the other day and its a good thing on the whole, I noticed though a potential privacy issue I believe though as it seems to show peoples posts with their previous usernames being highlighted - if you look at the attached post when viewing through threads on there, it shows abillybobs original username in the previous quoted posts, despite his username showing as the current abillybob in the thread. Potential issue for people who changed names for privacy reasons there I think.
  14. I just saw the update to this today, I wanted to follow up on this and the help I received, this project is now closed off by me in work. I am not 100% here that it was configured as a true hybrid environment looking at the setup and how it is behaving now in relation to the MS stuff I read. I have actually removed the exchange server from the mix for the last three weeks, it hasn't been to any noticed detriment so far, I noticed now that we can pretty much manage everything from Exchange Online, it doesn't give the synced with AD error messages as before to make changes on the exchange management console, its now making the changes live on the web which it didn't before. We really had no choice here with its removal as our "on-premises" exchange was actually hosted in a data centre by a third party and we were paying that company a monthly cost for each of the mailboxes on top of the additional storage and hosting costs of the server. I think I have saved my company in the region of £30,000 a year in costs for the removal of the solution. I know that if there are any issues, we can actually setup a local exchange according to Office365 as they support a local copy of the server which doesn't host any mailboxes, though if we needed to fire that up now, it would be local to our site this time around.
  15. Last day in work today for me pre-holidays, can't wait to finish now for the break and have a super busy January coming up with a couple of major projects coming to an end. Have a nice christmas and happy new year everyone
  16. I would look to get one with an SSD as others pointed out already, it probably makes the biggest difference to loading times and how the PC Performs speed wise overall. Not a bad system though to be fair.
  17. I remember a similar incident with Griffin Docks with my old school to be honest, I could only plug in 10 or the 16 ipad cradles we had at a time, anything more than one of these plugged in and it wouldn't see the iPads anyway, that was on an iMac server running configurator and then configurator 2
  18. It's a setting on he device - allow unauthenticated printing or similar http://docs.sepialine.com/display/kb7/Allowing+printing+without+authentication+on+a+Konica+Minolta+MFP print without auth
  19. Sorry, to clarify - Device Relay - I meant SMTP relay, thats in place and firing out fine here on O365 now I have a feeling we may try a remote shutdown and leave it off to see if any issues raise, we have already had to look at things like ADSI edit and proxyaddress adding in for users, but it does seem to be working setting users up online with it so far. Thanks,
  20. I read the same article, the only thing is with our environment, its a hosted exchange server and we want to get rid of the hosting costs here, which is why I was wondering about the pitfalls people have experienced, I don't fancy a DC going bang on me, So far I have :- Migrated Mailboxes Sorted Device Relay out Changed DNS/MX records to point to cloud domains I am at the "unhook the exchange server bit" now and weary that it will have knock on effects. (Remove the exchange server from proceedings) Our ADFS solution is staying and in-situ at the moment, its not likely to go anywhere either.
  21. There is an adfs server in place, I have changed all the auto discover / mx records over on all domains (there were over 15 in our group that was fun) How did it break your dc if you don't mind me asking?
  22. Hello all, I am about to embark on the final stages of this migration and unhook our remote hosted exchange 2010 box from our setup, are there any pitfalls I need to look into before doing this ? I have read the MS document about it, but it doesnt 100% make it clear about going full cloud, is there anything further I need to consider before pulling the chain ?
  23. Really enjoying this free weekend, might actually purchase this one as it seems awesome, Bastion seems overpowered so far
  24. Unless your using trial versions of software, yes it will need a licence
  25. that looks outstanding to be fair, its one of my favourite Anime's too so I can't wait there for that one
×
×
  • Create New...