-
Posts
310 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by AlfaTech
-
Nicely done. I've spent most of the evening catching Xerneas and soft-resetting until I got one with a good nature that I can work with. I finally got a nice speedy one with what looks like fairly nice IVs too, just need to EV train it next. I still haven't quite got to grips with these Fairy types yet.
-
I picked the Jaw fossil You should take it straight to the Fossil Lab right next to the entrance of route 9 and they'll turn it into a 'mon instantly (no waiting around this time). I then left my restored fossil in the Day Care Centre to let it level up to about lvl 35, I just need to get around to evolving it at lvl 39 by day. I can't believe how much time I've already chucked into this I'll soon be over-taking XCom and Skyrim for hours played. lol (currently 72 hours). I had a battle against a mate last night and I totally pwned his team with my Butterfree (eliminating both his Blastoise and his Mega MewTwo X with it). Haha! Nope! I've only just completed the 6th gym.
-
ERm... no! But, I have the fire starter and can 'trade'
-
At my last school there was a fortnightly Wednesday afternoon dedicated to extra curricular activities, one of them was 'Computer Games' which I helped oversee. They had access to half a dozen flash gaming sites (which I unblocked for the session) and a chance to have a play with an XBox with Kinect. Comments from the SLT were that they'd never seen a class of kids so engaged and behaving so well.
-
Who knows, perhaps this might help inspire kids with their mathematics... Wolfram Alpha adds 649 Pokémon to its search database | Technology | theguardian.com So how many Pikachus does it take to light up a city?
-
For lovin' up your 'mon and making them more friendly I think. There is supposed to be some advantage in this as it allegedly increases critical hits AFAIK (but don't quote me on that). And yeah the froggy starter (Froakie) final evolution (Greninja) is definitely the toads testies! Water/Dark is such an awesome combination. I'm not getting on so well with my Mega Charizard X though, think I might have to swap my Charizardite X for some Charizardite Y with someone at some point.
-
Petition, please sign and share with other Ninty gamers. Thanks! http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/nintendo-reconsider-game-save-backups-for-pokemon-x-y?share_id=DKnryAyYYj&utm_campaign=signature_receipt&utm_medium=email&utm_source=share_petition
-
Nope. But I know people who have. Not sure if it is limited to the retail version though (I've got the digital download). Theres a rather amusing YouTube about this Pokémon Y Bug with a fella swearing a lot and then taking a hammer to the game case. However, being a techie I have discovered that there is a work-around with involves 'mashing' (technical term) the home buttonwhile it loads. PSA - How to fix your frozen Pokemon X/Y : pokemon Lets hope that Ninty roll out a fix in the next System Update PDQ to save from too many mashed up home buttons.
-
I'm kinda avoiding Serebii and all other PKMN websites at the moment to avoid spoilers... but yeah, that is great news! This game it just too darn addictive I keep having to make important decisions like; 'do I go to bed tonight', 'am I feeling well enough to go to work today', etc. LOL I probably shouldn't admit it but I did get 'sacked' for playing the original Pokémon Red on my Gameboy too much when I was 18 they thought I was taking very long toilet breaks. (OK not sacked, but they didn't renew my contact) Eh hem, moving on...
-
A head's up to those PKMN X/Y gamers out there, if you're in Luminose City don't save!!! There's a bit of a game-breaking bug... Game Breaking Pokémon X & Y Bug Affecting Some Gamers in Europe and Japan - 3DS News @ Nintendo Life Nart gud!!!
-
I've got My Boy! Free an Android Gameboy emulator which I play Pokémon Fire Red on that has link capabilities over Bluetooth. But yeah an emulated DS PKMN game would be without the online functions. OK... here's my 3DS FC 4339-2500-0959 - Kit (I've added you) see you in game!
-
Yep quite true, I've never been able to successfully use Butterfree competitively but as an ingame party member it's excellent. With the 'compound eyes' ability it's going to put things asleep 100% of the time. As well as being able to poison, confuse and put things to sleep in Gen 6 it's got an awesome new move called 'Infestation' - check it out! Also due to the game mechanics of Super Training I've already fully EV trained one with maximum Speed and Special Attack. Luv it! Can't believe I was playing Pokémon X for 11 hours yesterday - my wife thinks I don't love her anymore Better not play it today - if I can (naa that'll be impossible it's too darn awesome).
-
More like over 700 Pokémon, there were 649 in Black/White 1/2 [Generation 5]. But yeah you can just jump straight in and enjoy this game without any problem, it's the same time old rock-paper-scissors Pokémon format - well fire-water-grass - with the addition of a new 'Fairy' type. I wouldn't worry about any annual subscription to the Pokémon Bank (when it's released) it's not compulsory and only really used if you have 1000s of 'mon you can't fit in your game and transferring 'mon from Gen 5 games. I don't think that you'll need content from previous generations, from day one you meet Pokémon from Generation 1 - I'm so happy to be reunited with my old favourite 'mon Butterfree within the first couple of hours of play! X-13 if ever you need a Pokémon that can't be caught in X/Y just talk to me - I've got em all!
-
Cheers. Assuming this is for Gen V (Black/White 1/2) mine is: 5158 1642 1213 I'll give you a battle if I can tear myself away from Pokémon X... it's easily the most awesome thing ever (with regard to PKMN).
-
Oh kay! Well I admit that the Spaniards were a bit of a pain at the UK VGC in that they where 'there' and didn't let us UK players just battle it out amongst ourselves - to add insult to injury they did 'win' and made a lot of noise about it (in Spanish). But moving on... Less than one day to go!!! I am too excited and really gotta stop checking my email every 5 minutes for my download code! Well... if there are Pokémon fans here, maybe we should exchange Friend Codes sometime and have a bit of a battle. Whatcha think?
-
The VGC was very good fun, if not a bit delayed due to 'technical difficulties'. All in all it was a great day out. Why what happened at the TCG championship (or shouldn't I ask)?
-
I've been a member of ours - the Bristol Pokémon Academy - for 4 or 5 years. The BPA have regular weekly (Pokémon League) meetings and special events where we get together for, yeah, PvP battles, trading, training and general socialising. Granted I don't go every week nor to every event not being in Bristol any more, but there's plenty going on the BPA's Facebook page. We also went to the National Pokémon Video Game Championships (VGC) up in the Birmingham NEC earlier this year. The next event is going to be the midnight launch on Friday night, complete with a mini-tournament when everyone is picking up their pre-orders of Pokémon X/Y at Game. Just a bit of fun really, although some of us probably take training 'mon a bit too seriously (speaking for myself).
-
Oh, OK. Fair enough. The only time I've had two versions of the same game was with Pearl and then Platinum when it came out. Some folk in our clan are reporting that they have received their copies earlier than expected. Lucky Bunearys!
-
I don't really see the point of getting both editions - tbh one is more than enough for me.
-
I daily play Glory Wars: Gold World where I'm running a cohort of 38 players called the Band of Brothers (currently in 2nd place - HuzzaH!). But will be stepping down as clan leader in a couple of days to focus on soon to be released Pokémon X. Funnily enough it was a site that I banned when I was a schools ICT tech, but liked it so much I decided to leave it unblocked. Hehe!
-
Thanks! It's something I've been meaning to do for ages before X/Y are released else I'd never get around to it afterwards. Thankfully having completed the Dex on White (1) it wasn't too much hassle trading them across to White 2. The best thing is you get an item in B/W2 called a Shiny Charm once you complete the National Dex which ups the rate at which you can catch/breed Shiny Pokémon (if you like that kinda thing). I've been counting down for months!!! But not long now: http://pokemonxycountdown.com/ One lucky so-and-so from our Pokémon Clan has already got his hands on X/Y, but then he works for GAME.
-
There is much more to Pokémon than meets the eye! Most people just write it off as a kid's game but there's plenty in there to engage older minds - especially when battling against other players (PvP) either locally or over the Net. Then theres all kinds of dynamics in training (Effort Values), breeding (Inherited Values), battle tactics (sweep vs stall, power vs defence). Beyond just catching them all, Pokémon is a massive game. TBH I've spent more time on one PKMN game than I have on all the GTA games combined - and I've spent a lot of time playing GTA over the years. Ouch, I feel your pain! Make sure all your 'mon are a suitable level (i.e. 5-10 levels above the Elite Four's) where possible always use 'super-effective' moves against them, try and use 'mon in your team which are 'not very effective' against their type attacks. That should see you through. Failing that I could always trade you one of my level 100s - but that is cheating- and it's always much more satisfying when you beat them with 'mon you've trained yourself.
-
Hell yeah! I'll be getting Pokémon X digitally downloaded to my new Limited Edition Yvaltel Red 3DS XL in 3 days, 9 hours, 50 minutes, 50 seconds time. Just managed to complete my National PokéDex on Pokémon White 2 last night
-
Indeed! If it wasn't for Hiroshi Yamauchi the console market wouldn't be what it is today... come to think of it I would be who I am if it wasn't for Hiroshi Yamauchi - a Ninty fanboy. RIP Mr Yamauchi, so long and thanks for all the games. Feature: Hiroshi Yamauchi - The Man Who Made Nintendo - Nintendo Life
-
Oops, it was actually following this discussion - I got confused.
