Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

daveyboy

Members
  • Posts

    319
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by daveyboy

  1. poets laureates here......
  2. daveyboy

    New Arrival

    congrats.................. Look in your wallet - soon there will be photo of little one where the money once was......
  3. Has any body got an old rackmount server for swap / sale - Any spec (but not valve / steam powered - thanks!) 01 811 8055
  4. @localzuk I've just PM'ed you.....
  5. Like most, I've been watching this thread all day. @Mattx I sympathise. This job's hard enough already, and I do agree - a little feedback / support would not have gone amiss. @Dos_Box Your book, Your baby. But If I may - Tom, Donna & Phil all post here and take the flack at times. (Amongst others) Perhaps the said company could too? - Maybe opinions would not run so high, maybe they would get the 'feedback' they require - and help make our lives a little easier too! I do believe that if they are to have that 'right' (cant think of any other way to put it!) Then as a show of good faith - maybe they can get some of the engineers to call in here from time to time. What does everybody think? @Webman You beat me too it.
  6. SendEmail Works for me BTW - using this I created a HTA that will email their message to us in ICT Support (recording Username & Comp name) - So they do not have to open their webmail / outlook etc
  7. ZenWorks @limbo We have 7 computer suites - and some very inventive students. As a possible average - about once every 4-5 weeks. Although - ZenWorks makes this so easy!! 8)
  8. Netware 6.5 + ZenWorks
  9. BTW - dont forget the French, German, Spanish, Italian, etc spellings. The Support team here can Swear in 7 different languages now!
  10. Self configuring, self healing, self repairing workstations, servers, printers, WAP's (802 11xtra - 11meg ones), cameras, scanners, PDA's - everlasting toners, etc, etc. Full training for staff - on every application to MOS level. Me? I just want this course: - This Training course Oh, and only to work less than 50 hours per week.
  11. See attached piccy - hope this helps.
  12. Beechen Cliff this end. This is how we do it. We install our OS + any software (i.e.Studio 8, MS office, updates etc). Then we create a Local user. Using this account, we configure all of our apps (including those pesky add ins for excel) and set all of our preferences (i.e. Office toolbars, layouts, - Basicly anything that can be fiddled with; we fiddle. We then install drivers for every camera, printer, mouse keyboard, scanner and anything else we can think of. We then plug in our USB kit (authenticate if needed) - assign the correct drive letters etc. Then reboot, log in as local admin - copy our local users profile to the default profile.......... Works for Us.
  13. @molesm Bath? where abouts?
  14. Bet nobody would moan if a few from Redmond were here - posting - trying to help us poor lost, misguided, underpaid souls. I for one am in full support if vendor Reps & Support teams were here. 100% I like the fact that Dan (SCL) posts deals here. I dont need 50 telephone calls every day claiming the cheapest, fastest etc, etc. I like to look and see for myself. I like Donna being around - Why do I need to phone when the question has been answered a hundred times before? Right on this forum. Quite rightly I dont want - 'Our product is better because' or 'Their product doesnt do this' But I do like 'this is what we do' or 'why dont you try this' - AND IF I ask nicely enough - I get the opinions of my peers and people who I respect who have have been there seen it, done it - AND are working with it every day. Sorry Jason - I'm all for it - As long as they identify themselves.
  15. 2Simple - If only all software support teams were like these guys /girls. Absolute magic.
  16. Maybe this is whats causing your problem: - Maybe - if you are trying to restore a file larger than 2MB. As I recall, I SSH'ed the file into the correct folder on the server and it went through okay. But - Thats a maybe.
  17. How big is the file you are trying to restore? I seem to remember a limit somewhere.
  18. Why is it a terrible idea? And why will they be less flexible?
  19. Thanks Donna
  20. @woody I came in Saturday to update my server - but I have learnt TODAY that it will only autoupdate client 4.22 onwards - yep - you've still got to update to 4.22 (this release) manually (login script, AD, etc, etc) - and after that it will autoupdate. BTW:- backup / restore didnt work for me.
  21. @woody Are you running securus?
×
×
  • Create New...