Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

daveyboy

Members
  • Posts

    319
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by daveyboy

  1. @RoyG It's good to know there's another Netware Head out there. Didn't know Netware had an Abend Log................
  2. Am I the only Netware SysAdmin on edugeek.net?
  3. .
  4. You lot have got me at it now! Somebody please lock this thread ](*,)
  5. @GrumbleDook Is this an example of bad technique? - in the interests of learning (of course)
  6. I'll second that. Christ, we need electric light & gas first before them bl**dy horseless carriages come and pollute the countryside. (There's nothing like a drunken stagger home through the fields - and BTW: - nobody, but nobody falls down and comes up smelling of roses down here.)
  7. Thought might make you smile
  8. Laptops for students......................Yeah right. which fool thought that little gem up? I wonder what colour the sky is in their world. Apart from the the things mentioned here - I've never heard of a student getting mugged for their school books - But a laptop is a definate probability. I wonder if 100% of students bring their books into lessons 100% of the time? - And what makes people think laptops are going to be any different? - At least books bounce when dropped and can be used after drying out. This is 2006 and dont get me wrong - what do I keep hearing about the state of disipline in schools? (respect for kit, etc, etc) I wonder just how many will end up being 'Lost' (sold for a pretty penny) or just abused. Schools give access to over 4 billion pages at the touch of a button - some blocked, disabled, etc - yet I still hear people wanting access to social networking sites like bebo etc, and others like YouTube. I look around TES etc and find teachers encoraging students to use MP3 players in class - hell, if I let them, my school would have a £30000 networked client / server MP3 player. Staff - "How do I draw a angled line accross a page in MsWord?" My one question is :- Does all this stuff really make the difference? Nah I dont think so. Bl***y blind leading the blind. Go find a teaching forum and read their rants on the curriculum. Soon our students will go to RM educational center - and all of us are just RM classroom technologists
  9. Do not let anybody on this forum fob you off - your site and other sites like it, keep our work interesting and challenging, and although I hate to admit it, some of us old farts learn more about the your generation trying to keep students off these sites. But now you understand how serious this is. I for one hope all goes well and that you learn something from this, get a place in Uni etc. etc
  10. Go on then - I'll start In a previous job - to stop our students downloading / running batch files I banned .vbs, .bat, .com & .cmd on our new super duper proxy server. That went down really well for a while............. :oops:
  11. What version of Netware / iManager are you running?
  12. If you know a little VBscript and a small amount of HTML why not use HTA's ? Microsoft HTA Center
  13. Check these Novell Workhorses
  14. Thanks - but the page /download is restricted, only BGfL access. Can you email it to me? - I'll pm you
  15. I'm looking to configure our E-Portal website to 443 (https) for outside access. Server 2003, IIS 6 & SQL 2000. Has anybody got any good doc's or links ? Any pitfalls or gotcha's I should avoid ? Thanks in advance Dave
  16. Christ, hasn't the all singing all dancin' Windows Server System got this built in yet ?
  17. http://www.comms-express.co.uk/
  18. Blimey, we must be doing well - We cant be the only Novell shop running these tests ? (okay, we do have a windoze server, but they are all Netware clients)
  19. Here's how I do it: - Do admin install, slipstream any service packs (as above) Install as usuall (I install everything locally except Outlook and the Office assistant) Login as a standard local user run each program changing toolbars, excel add-ins(yeah, Bl**dy RND function) etc etc I have a Pen drive / cdrom with a selection of files (access databases with switchboards, spreadsheets with macros, etc etc) which I run to make sure all the bits and pieces work correctly. Reebot, login as local administrator and copy (I do this manually - not the profile copier - remebering hidden files, and system files) from the local user into the default user profile. That way whoever logs in gets these settings without needing access to the original installation. Hope this is of some help
  20. Why not just import a reg key giving a null proxy? WinGuides
  21. Yep and lovin' it !!!!!
  22. Why dont you check out Hotscripts
  23. Just for Interest :- Export from SIMS.net to .csv Applescript to create ldif file Import via ConsoleOne(PC) or iManager(Os X or Linux) Great Util's called iFolderCreator & Homes Beer Time !
  24. Sorry perhaps I should have made it clearer ! How much integration do you have on your networks ?
  25. daveyboy

    Netware

    Shouldnt the description read :- "Its a bit like soft drugs. We all wish we could participate"
×
×
  • Create New...