Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Mark182

Members
  • Posts

    791
  • Joined

Everything posted by Mark182

  1. Strange issue this morning, Papercut issue > all devices stuck on Inactive. Restarted the server, checked all the services. No issues. Restarted the services anyway. Still the same. Under print management all printers say 'queue status' = ready. I can ping all the printers and log into them via IP address. Seems to be an issue with the 'follow-you' even though that says ready as well. I am about to check the logs but just wondering if anyone has had this before?
  2. I had the same issue last week. I had to run some powershell scripts to move the mailbox onto another server and it repaired the mailbox while moving. It took around 4 hours to do this on a 6GB mailbox. I'll dig out the cmds after dinner. I did log a ticket with MS and they give me what I needed to run.
  3. I agree although I've seen some in another school 6 years later and still going strong so I can only go off what I've seen. I know in a school day you are looking around maybe 8 hours a day x 5 days a week x 9 months a year. As with any interactive TV not replacing bulbs is
  4. You can try leasing them over X years if you have a load to buy like us. If I was you I'd book a demo unit like we did (I can PM you the person I spoke too if you like) We had it for a week and everybody fell in love plus the 30,000 hours of like is a big pull plus the android box is an ace add on. We demoed a 70" Activepanel.
  5. It's more about not having time. We are a man down at the moment and snowed under like crazy.
  6. Cheers. Do you issue out a camera that default records in lets say .avi and just rip and zip? What happens if someone films on an IPAD?
  7. @bossman - Can I ask how much of your time this takes up and how big is your team?
  8. Basically we don't have any in place due to the old SLT guard. They aren't here anymore. We have 2 members of staff who both have over 90GB's in their home area. 1 is backs ups of backs up, We'll solve that by enabling file duplication. The other has over 80GB's of youtube downloads ( I know, we are sorting that too) What I would like to know is for staff what do you set? (I know it'll depend on your storage capacity and users) We have 3.25TB's of storage (on site) I am thinking around 20GB per staff member. Then my next question is students. What do you have in place for them? Do you do it like this for example :- Year 7 > 500mb Year 8 > 1GB Year 9 > 1.5GB Year 10 > 2 GB Year 11 > 2.5 GB or something else? I know years 10 & 11 will need more. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
  9. No, I'll give that a bash now.
  10. For months and months we've had this set up. In the admin center search for the mailbox I want to share 'heads pa' in this case. Click mail setting > Mailbox permissions > edit > by the user in 'Read and manage' 'send as' 'send on behalf. Then log into the persons mailbox > Add shared folder by right clicking on the users name above inbox then add the E-mail address (heads pa). Its worked fine for a long time, now all of a sudden it does not work, just says 'Your request cant be completed at the time retry' I've reset the permissions, re added them, re added the mailbox. Tried a different user, a different browser, a different computer. Nothing. Been like this a week. Anyone any ideas before I speak to Microsoft on Monday?
  11. As much as you might laugh, our staff will not know how to 'zip' a file....and won't do it. Then it'll be IT's jobs.
  12. We have one drive but my issue is with sending files to exam boards.
  13. I know there are 503 million threads about GDPR but I just want to ask one question. Pen drives are blocked for students full stop. We want to introduce Bit locker (late to the party I know) SLT want to ban pen drives for staff full stop. My question is a few weeks ago we had to send 16GB's of videos for GCSE's to be marked. How to do guys get round this if you block pen drives, what other issues have you run into or how well does blocking pen drives work? I am certain Bit locker is the way to go. I am thinking send the pen drive via the post but E-mail the password. Please do pick holes in my plan, I know we have one drive and could possibly share things like this but I don't know if exam bodies accept this. - Thank you.
  14. These guys are ace. They are an hour away.
  15. Send an E-mail to the help desk FAO - [email protected] - and let him know you want it setting up the same as Sir John Thursby College. We had to buy an SSL cert for our gateway and some CAL's for our users. We use both RDS and direct access. PM me if you need anymore information.
  16. No, just loads to a white screen.
  17. Cheers everyone for the replies.
  18. I have been tasked with organising the move from .lancs.sch.uk to .org - We currently use Office 365 for staff and students and also have Microsoft Azure Active Directory Connect set up and working really well. We also have a school website (CMS hosted and managed by county) I'm just looking for any advice from anyone who's made a jump like this. I've also contacted our LEA for advice.
  19. The account needs rights on the file server it is scanning to.
  20. I have to agree with that. We can sometimes have 5/6 staff phoning in at 7:30 saying they wont be in. Yes we have cover supervisors but not that many to have to get supply staff in.
  21. Sometimes we can have a lot of supply staff in. Currently we have supply1, supply2, supply3 that is given out by the cover person. With this account they can login to the network as a normal teacher, access teacher shares and youtube/internet. How do you guys manage supply requirements?
  22. How long do you mean by 'forever'? What spec are the machines?
  23. Just a quick bump as this ends tomorrow in case anyone is interested.
  24. Any questions feel free to PM me - Vacancies Closing Date: 8th March 2018 (9 am)
  25. It's great here. lots of snow.
×
×
  • Create New...