Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Mark182

Members
  • Posts

    791
  • Joined

Everything posted by Mark182

  1. Alex Millar at phoenix software.
  2. Thanks, we'll give this a bash.
  3. Same here if possible!
  4. Thanks. Looking to get the Promethean boards out. We've invested a lot of time and some money into office 365. We are partly the way though saving to the cloud, will be a bigger push when windows 10 is deployed. BYOD isn't something that would work here. We have 463 eligible for PP.
  5. Thanks for the info!
  6. Yeah, I do something similar but with a 5 year plan. Every year to the penny the budget is spoken for. We to have upgraded some of our 760's will extra RAM and SDD's over time.
  7. Just doing some work on the switches. 33 out of the 55 are fastethernet... Whats everyone else using, I've been looking at the HP kit that's covered by a lifetime warranty. Any one else have experience of HP's lifetime warranty? I would be happy to keep on the Cisco track but need to find out what supersedes the 2960/3560's we have in-place and what the price range is.
  8. New computers (can only afford refurb) everything comes out of our main budget. Anything printer related is covered by the lease and then that's paid for out of a whole school repo budget.
  9. Thanks for the reply. I did leave out the £3,000 we have set a side for 'IT consumables' Bulbs ect. Students just over 1200 & just over 200 staff.
  10. We have had a new head teacher start in Jan. They have been good IT wise. Had a meeting with them about how we are taking the IT forward on the campus (x 2 schools 1 building) We are a BSF school so funding was great up until a few years ago. I am really asking two things. Would you mind sharing your ICT budget (excluding Internet 200mb connection in, Firewall and filtering) I will start the ball rolling we get 25k – 2k for PAT testing. We are an oversubscribed secondary. After meeting the head and our line manager the school manager and discussing a lack of funding after showing them our rolling 5-year plan, I have been asked to plan our new vision for the school. Therefore, I will give you a bit of background into our network:- Servers - Hypervisors with a couple of nodes & 3.75TB or network storage. Backup solution is microsoft DPM. Installed July 2015 when we built a new domain. We use SCCM for imaging and software deployment. Switches – Cisco Core x 5 3750’s stacked & a mixture of 50 cisco 3560’s and 2960’s with VLANS set up (a lot still Ethernet not gigabit and a lot aren’t even POE) installed 2008. UPS in each cab. Wireless x 2 AIR-WLC4404-100-K9 LAN controllers. AP’s ae cisco aironet 1130AG’s over 150 between to two schools with a couple of SSIDS. Installed 2009. We are looking at replacing with Unifi Remote solution – Microsoft RDS - installed 2015 MIS – Sims Cashless catering - live register thumb readers, cash loaders and EPOS installed 2009 (really happy with these and the support) Telephony VOIP - PBX, SBC 1000 and a Cisco 890 with Alcatel phones. A cheap system that does the job. Installed 2015. Printers – Entered into a 5 year lease deal with sharp 2017 and saving over 15k in toner a year with them and papercut (installed 2016 papercut) Projectors – promethean PRM-25. Over 70 all installed 2009 Whiteboard - Promethean AB378 ActivBoard 378 Pro 78" Over 70 all installed 2009 Desktops – A mixture of dell 760s (80GB HDD) (installed 2008) & refurb HP 8200’s (With SSD’s) over 600 Laptops – A mixture Dell E5500’s (installed 2008) and Toshibas (rolling renew) over 250 E-mail & cloud – Office 365, one drive integrated with SalamanderSoft BMS & CCTV – On a different network not managed by us. We are moving to Windows 10 this summer campus wide. Currently teaching staff have a desktop in the classroom and a laptop they take home that we hardly ever see again. Current plan this year is replace all teacher dell 760’s with refurb HP 8200’s and replace the wireless. Moving forward I’d like to phase out staff desktops and laptops are we cannot afford to give x 2 devices each and are looking at rolling out tablets. We love the Microsoft serve pro's but they are expensive. I want to also replace having a projector and whiteboard with maybe something along these lines Promethean ActivPanel i-Series 65" HD but they are coming in over £2000 each. Just wanted some tips/advice from people who are maybe in a similar position.
  11. Going to go with the Gmail way
  12. We tried that but users were able to delete (they will do this and complain) We are looking at https://app.fullcontact.com at the moment
  13. Thanks, I tried the Icloud and that worked sort of but when you add a contact on the phone it adds for everyone.
  14. We have 25 iphones. What is the best to dynamically manage contacts. scenario is set up all the phones using our MDM (Mass360) (doesn't do the contacts :@) We need all the contacts in the phone book and for ICT support to be able to change a name when someone leaves ect without having to recall all the phones. We have tried Icloud and using one account signed in but dint work how we wanted it.
  15. Thanks for the replies, it's our last day today so I will have a look when we get back.
  16. I called it to soon, we are having the same where students upload the work, teacher takes it and marks it the put it back in the same place and students then cant edit it.
  17. I am placing this in the 'wireless' as it only happening on wireless clients. On site we have cisco aironet 1131 AP's and x 2 Cisco 4400 LAN controllers (I know we need to move on) We are having a strange issue where on a laptops web browsing is really poor, going to youtube buffers really bad. Accessing shares is slow, I coped a 10meg file for a share to the local desktop and it took 2 mins 30 seconds. When I run a speed test on a desktop the speeds are as expected. I've logged into the LAN controllers and everything seems fine, nothing alarming. I am unsure what to look at next, any help would greatly be appreciated. The LAN controllers are plugged into our core (3760's)
  18. My colleague has cracked it!
  19. We have a share that we want students to be able to save work in, edit/modify but not delete. I cannot seem to be able to crack it. I've turned off inheritance and added the students security group. I've run the 'effective access' and the results look like this:- I know that deny will trump anything else and I don't at the moment have create owner group in there. Is what I am after even possible?
  20. It's 100% 1709 related. The laptop we have been testing on we installed 1703 and everything is working as it should.
  21. I have been doing some digging, FYI screenshot and as you can see our laptop connected as expected for a split second and then back to as described. I am speaking to Lightspeed as I cant add msftconnecttest.com to our global allowed list. I am hoping that sorts it.
  22. This is a screenshot of our NPS policy. (Server 2012 R2) We use old legacy Cisco wireless with 2 LAN controllers on site. We updated them and all the AP's but no joy. Everything works fine for our Windows 7 clients. I do feel its something to do with lightspeed with the links I attached before.
  23. Also this lightspeed link
  24. We have a feeling its something to do with this Do you use lightspeed by any chance?
  25. I've used this in the past
×
×
  • Create New...