-
Posts
9,232 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Andrew_C
-
You do know what Kack means?
-
Things that could have been improved before being approved...
Andrew_C replied to 6Foot2's topic in Jokes/Interweb Things
Oi! I resent that! -
I did that some years ago... Whoever I went to went belly-up within a year. Got moved to Shell, then as soon as I could, I went back to the Molluscs.
-
I LOVE our "Smart" valves. Right temperature, and only when you want them on. The cost however, has jumped on these too. I think I paid £30 each, they are now north of £50.
-
Can anyone recommend me a LED desktop work light?
Andrew_C replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
From CPC - but out of stock and NOT cheap. However, the light is very good, and it has two lenses. https://cpc.farnell.com/lightcraft/lc9090led/pro-mag-lamp-with-warm-cool-light/dp/LA08049 -
Things that could have been improved before being approved...
Andrew_C replied to 6Foot2's topic in Jokes/Interweb Things
Duraleak's new branding? -
Fluke PAT box - 1200 new - 700 for a new screen.
-
Have you got a science technician...?
-
Really - have a look at this! They go up to a 7m working height, and you can safely (manually) drive it around from the top.
-
Cost of living crisis 2022 - what have you cut back on?
Andrew_C replied to Ditto's topic in General Chat
!!??? What is this extravagance? We keep out house at about 18-19 through the winter. Too cold? Put a jumper on! -
I was half expecting this to be set on Magrathea; with petunias...
-
As an alternative, have a look at https://www.escauk.co.uk/esca3000-access-equipment-operation . A huge saving if you need to move while up top. Which you shouldn't do on a tower!
-
TV really isn't my thing, but Norsemen was recommended to Mrs C. A bit like an "after the watershed*" Chelmsford 123, or Asterix. I have just seen that it is far from new... * definitly
-
Things that could have been improved before being approved...
Andrew_C replied to 6Foot2's topic in Jokes/Interweb Things
America? No surprise there's no salad available... -
Buy a TV for £CHING and find that you have to buy extra speakers because the design of the TV is carp.
-
You get as much gold out of a tonne of IT waste as you do from 16T of ore...
-
There's one done that here... Still missing.
- 183 replies
-
- met office
- red warning
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
I was doing my O level mocks - 15. Discovered wasting time backstage in the following autumn.
- 183 replies
-
- met office
- red warning
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Give "Equal Rites" a go. Still an early book, so you won't be missing a lot of the backstories, but much more polished.
-
No, no it wasn't. Not even in the top 5 hottest summers anymore. Sure, it was dry (very) and there were 15 days over 32ish. But those days were in August. The weather broke on the Bank Holiday - I was at Thruxton watching Minis racing and spectacularly failing to stick to the track.
- 183 replies
-
- met office
- red warning
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Book. Starts slower, more detail of Grace's realization .I think that a lot of his work needs an editor with sharper scissors. I'm fairly sure I said this about "Children Of Time" some way up*. The 3rd quarter could have been cut significantly with little loss, and much more pace. * Read it - it is very good!
-
Book. Starts slower, more detail of Grace's realization.
-
<AMAZE>
-
Nah - there's two three principle systems for speakers. One is your standard HiFi type, scaling up to arena sized boxes. The amp drives the speaker directly. At home you would typically have 8 Ohm speakers. The impedance should match the amplifier (not critical unless you are driving hard). Third would be a system with the amp, ore indeed amps, built into the speaker cabinet. These would require power, and low level signal. But that's not what you've got. For distributed systems, like shops, and possibly classrooms, the amp is connected to a transformer (probably internally) that boosts the voltage of the signal to typically 75 or 100V). The speakers then have small transformers to drop it back down. The transformer may have several taps, with the wattage marked. To size the amp, just total the wattage.
-
35W in a classroom isn't that shabby. They aren't 100V speakers are they? They'd have a transformer on them if so... Re-read OP. 100W speakers is A LOT for a classroom. You don't have to drive them flat out.
