-
Posts
1,832 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by pooley
-
Justins tv is a good place to watch it I'd imagine
-
Downloaded and runs fine here (Windows Vista) Actually just got a Line -1 error trying to run process explorer, needs elevated permissions. Maybe its permissions that are your problem "Chunky"
-
Seen this before, watched it again... holds a morbid fascination
-
Avoid the "Denon" its a buggy, poor quality POS player.
-
I use an iPhone and it Sync's great with outlood, also has push exchange support. Works great here.
-
If I remember correctly opening a doc file direct from OE will create a copy in the "temporary internet folder" its worth a look.
-
If you "Right Click" the desktop do you get the option to "Show Icons/Desktop" ?
-
You could buy 1 of Welcome to 3 Dongle 4 Free and "unlock" it, add a PayGo 02 Iphone sim (fleebay etc) and get free internet for a year (just need the initial £10 topup) the free web and wifi bolt on is a monthly deal you will recieve a txt each month saying your bolt on has been activated untill your 12 montths runs out (or until they work out your not using an Iphone lol) S
-
Feck, thats awsone, Just woke the wife up when I burst out laughing at the sound the guy made when the arrow took him in the head.
-
We currently host our own "Front Page" based website which is cr@p, we are currently going through an amalgamation and going to use the opportunity to revamp(destroy and get a new one) it. I am hopeless at web design and the IT co-ordinator has little interest. So who do you use to design/host your school websites? Cheers Si
-
This was the Darkest Tourchwood series to date, yes the child/family deaths were disturbing and out of character, but its after the watershed and made compulsive viewing. Cant wait for the next series!!
-
As per title. Can I get a couple of quotes for 6 x 15" Laptops. Must be core 2 duo with 2gig ram+, be downgradable to XP pro and have 3 years warrenty. TIA Si
-
Earthworm Jim anyone?? [nomedia=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnpddV0Jpb8]YouTube - Earthworm Jim - Book of Doom (3 of 3)[/nomedia]
-
THE "Adventure Game" anyone?? with the Scary "VORTEX"
-
I hated the bl00dy moomins. Get-a-long gang or Rocky & Bulwinkle - ahh the memories.
-
Thought it was a very good episode, I too am glad I can watch the next episode today. So did he die ????
-
No particular concerns at the moment. The front of the school is widely used by local kids to play football in at night. We have had minimal vandalism up until now. We have just taken delivery of a new wooden playhouse (cost over £6k) and I can see it being used for various activities. But if someone decided to burn it down I would like to think that the police would accept any/all evidence we can provide. My thoughts are to setup an IP camera system, maybe only 4 - 6 cameras to start all recording to a dedicated server, but with the ability to view the feeds over the web so the caretaker (who lives in the school house next door) can monitor activity from his home pc. Only started looking into this today so no-where near happy with my knowlege so far
-
We are just dipping our toes into Network Security Camera's, specifically for outdoor monitoring. I have read threads on this board about various software and hardware and have a basic idea of whats needed. I am trying to find out if we have to use a minimum camera std that the police would accept as evidence. Anyone got any documentation regarding security systems/levels etc? Thanks Si
-
Have used Westwood recently, ordered some AV kit and A Promethean Activboard +2 inc install. Install happening next week. All good so far.
-
Waiting for the Jailbreak firmware v3 to be released before I install.
-
Anyone got stock of Benq MP730 replacement lamp? All my contacts are giving me a 12 day lead time. Si
-
Printing - How much do you spend an academic year?
pooley replied to mattmoo's topic in How do you do....it?
Primary School, 400 Kids, 3Colour Laser printers (HP 3550's) Spent £4500 last academic year. Have just purchased a colour photocopier to replace our lasers. Rental = £1200 a year Price per Colour print (A4) = 4.5p (remains the same if entire page is made up of block colour or just part) Price per Black (A4) = 0.003 per copy. "Per copy" costs should work out about £1300 a year, based on our current usage. It will save up approx half what we spend now. -
If its office 2003 make sure you have the latest office service pack, one of them fixed an error I used to get when trying to get Clipart online.
-
We buy all our Mac's from The UK's Number 1 Apple & Adobe Dealer - Jigsaw Systems Ltd , not been beaten on pricing yet.
-
Just European elections around here. As for voting, as soon as there are repercussions for not following through with pre-election promises I will vote, but at the moment they can promise the world just to get your vote and then not deliver on those promises (ever) and there are no come backs. I don't like being lied to.
