-
Posts
1,832 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by pooley
-
I'd love to have kept our suites, but the decision wasn't mine.
-
We decommissioned ours, moved the pc's into classrooms. DCF is taught but I see no real ICT teaching happening. Seems space is a premium and the room was better utilised as a classroom.
-
Currently watching the Goosebumps series on Disney+ with my daughter(11). It's kept us both entertained tbf.
-
Have to remove hikvision from network - any alternatives?
pooley replied to pooley's topic in Physical Security
Ah that's interesting. Our LA had gone quiet and not got me to remove the current install and I hadn't pushed the issue by installing new cameras. Now you've posted this I'll get the HT on it. -
Just finished the Red Rising trilogy by Pierce Brown, a good read, somonewhat predictable at times but nothing that deters from the enjoyment.
-
Just to weigh in, I've a few Ryobi items, drills, a strimmer, hedgecutter. All from the Ryobi one+ range. You will need 5ah batteries for the gardening kit. Although I have bought some 3rd party batteries from ebay and they work just fine.
-
[sims] Sims Connected & 3rd party integrations - does it work ?
pooley posted a topic in MIS Systems
As per title. We are going over to Sims Connected after Christmas, our LA currently host Sims but are pushing everyone over to Connected. We have a number of 3rd party links, some via Wonde and some via software running on a Sims server as a connector. Does sims connected support 3rd party integrations? Any caveat? Thanks Si -
KCSIE 2023 - updates that may impact IT
pooley replied to Ditto's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Am I correct in assuming this is for England based schools only? -
Have to remove hikvision from network - any alternatives?
pooley replied to pooley's topic in Physical Security
Dahua are a Chinese based company. -
Have to remove hikvision from network - any alternatives?
pooley replied to pooley's topic in Physical Security
To try and answer some qestions. Our LA provide our network/VOIP/internet infrastrucure, therefore can dictate at a security level what devices are and aren't allowed. I have officially been told via phone call that as UK Gov are removing anf banning hikvision from gov buildings, the decision has been made at LA level to follow suit and as there is a security risk devices will not be allowed to connect to LA provided networks. We currently VLAN our cctv but even this isn't enough. Moving to a dedicated ISP would put the rist firmly at the HT door and he would be asked to take on the possible security risk. I'll look into the suggestions for other kit, thanks. -
Have to remove hikvision from network - any alternatives?
pooley replied to pooley's topic in Physical Security
Yeah banned * Edited origianl post for spelling -
Have to remove hikvision from network - any alternatives?
pooley posted a topic in Physical Security
Just been informed by our LA team that hikvision devices will be banned from LA networks including schools. They gave us 2 options, Get a seperate network/isp installed just for cctv or replace the 12 cameras and an NVR. Can't find anything around the £100 a camera price for the same model/quality hikvision kit. Anyone using good cctv kit that doesn't cost the earth? Cheers Si -
We've signed up directly with Mosyle, why do you need a reseller ?
-
I run long, it's the only time I have to myself and the only thing i'm 100% selfish about.
-
Dungeons & Dragons: Honour Among Thieves - I have no idea how rotten tomatoes has given it 91%, it was OK.
-
[iphone] iPhone XS “cannot connect to app store” - help!
pooley replied to elsiegee40's topic in Mobile Devices & Tablets
It's just the path that Apple seems to send you down, Reboot idevice, log of and into problem app, reinstall app if possible and or reset netork settings. -
[iphone] iPhone XS “cannot connect to app store” - help!
pooley replied to elsiegee40's topic in Mobile Devices & Tablets
Tried resetting network settings? -
Enjoying "The Rabbit Hole" on Paramount+
-
We use it soley with parents, works well here for comms. The parents evening booking is good too. Great value for money compared to other services. As has been mentioned, a bit of housekeeping in Sims and it just works!
-
Cost of living crisis 2022 - what have you cut back on?
pooley replied to Ditto's topic in General Chat
120yr old 3bed end terrace, cosing me £500pm in dual fuel currently. -
Done, thanks.
-
Says I don't have permission to view form
-
“ May The Schwartz Be With You.”
-
Now that's an oldie!! "They Live"
-
Long story short, Welsh Government provide intune FOC to schools to manage devices, until this last batch of ipads I've always used Mosyle Manager. But with cost saving in mind I thought I'd just use the free option provided to us, WHAT A MISTAKE! Intune is probably the worse software I've ever come across to manage iPads, my own fault assuming someone with some sense would have tested the suitability of intune as a mdm for schools. Anyway, can I remove the ipads from intune and add them to Mosyle ? Anyone tried, any caveats ? Cheers Si
