Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

pooley

Members
  • Posts

    1,832
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by pooley

  1. We have Learnpads here, a big push from HT and SMT means they are used well and their use is monitored and developed by the ICT coordinator. Like any ICT in education, if it's not "forced" on teachers then they won't bother to use it.
  2. HDMI video capture card?
  3. pooley

    Remote Desktop on Mac

    I don't think so unfortunately. try it? It's free.
  4. pooley

    Remote Desktop on Mac

    I use "Cord" for rdp on my Mac. Much more reliae that the ms offering.
  5. I'll be helping out on the Learnpad stand so not sure how much time I'll get to nosey around. Would like some kit for nursery and early years so I'll be looking for toys.
  6. Started running last week. Never enjoyed before but am taking the dog out with me so i'm not noticing the miles so much. Managed 5 runs so far (4 consecutive) a mix of 3 and 5k (with walking) so happy with that.
  7. After a conversation with HT, ICT coordinator and a review of ICT skills framework etc I was asked about innovative ways to get our children (primary) up to speed with social networking rules and etiquette etc. Has anyone come across any self-hosted software that ties into AD that we could possibly try out with our children ? Cheers Si
  8. Nah want a full chops/face one not a goatee
  9. I want a "Tony Beets" Gold Rush beard (not ginger though) The new series it's loooong
  10. Been growing mine on and off since October - went to shave it off over Christmas but the kids wan't me to keep it. Even the wife has got used to it. Not sure I wan't to keep it now I have global approval - but with a shiney bald head it's the only hair I have (upside down head)
  11. Spectre - Typical bond flick, nothing special. Kingsman The secret Service (again) - Loved it - tongue in cheek at times but well worth the 2nd watch Vacation - Follow up to national lampoons vacation - very funny. Big Ass Spider (SciFi channel) - Don't, Just don't!!!
  12. Was a big hit with my kids last year. Used one of the ISS tracker apps to get an accurate time. Will be doing so again this year, thanks for the reminder.
  13. Shame your having issues with your learnpads. UK support is awesome but I do believe the us company is now stand alone from the UK. Drop UK support a line and see if they can suggest something. They are good guys n gals.
  14. pooley

    FreeSat box

    A mix of netflix, youtube, discreet torrenting and a not altogether 100% legal Sly box have me well enough connected not to miss anything.
  15. Never underestimate the stupidity or lack of common sense when dealing with end users. They really haven't a clue!!
  16. Days and Days of deals and the Wii U is still +£220! Was hoping it would drop to -£200 before xmas.
  17. My 2013 model is still running ok. Screen responsiveness has got poor, but this device has been bounced more times than I care to remember.
  18. A very sad day, the first super star of rugby union and probably the bloke that pointed union in the direction of going professional.
  19. Stop there, don't bother with the next (previous) 3. Watching those killed the franchise for me.
  20. pooley

    What is a Wii U?

    Thanks guys, so basically I need to put him off or find a super duper deal for it. It's the only bloomin thing hes asked Santa for this year too
  21. pooley

    What is a Wii U?

    Bit of a random one, mini Poole (8) has asked Santa for a Wii u for Christmas. Only because he wants to play splatoon (seen on YouTube) He has never played on one, we used to have a Wii but lack of use ended up with me giving it away. We have an xbox360 (again barely used apart from Minecraft) So what are these new fangled Wii U devices? Are they big DS' or ?? Ta Si
  22. Sleep no more = what a pile of horse $H*t
  23. Encrypted!!!
  24. Yeah we don't use google apps. Happy to pay a small amount for the service but would rather go off a recommendation.
  25. Well it's finally come, the ICT coordinator has asked to meet with me tomorrow to talk about setting up individual blogs for year 5/6. So my question is, does anyone know what their school/teachers are using with theirs? Ta Si
×
×
  • Create New...