Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Scruff

Members
  • Posts

    137
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Scruff

  1. I would suggest the first thing you need to look into is the System.Net.Sockets namespace for communicating over TCP Here is a link to the msdn article to get you going - MSDN
  2. List5.Value If you just want the selected item
  3. You run all of that on one machine ?!? if that all works satisfactorily well done that man! If all you're doing is running an internal webserver (Apache/IIS) on the new machine then there is very little to do, you could probably just add it to your stictest OU and you'd also want to set windows firewall to block most things apart from the port that webserver is listening on. But then it'd be best to set up some specific GPO's for the machine. disclaimer: very brief and quick explanation, probably missing things Scruff p.s I don't know anything about SIMS but if it runs on SQL server then you need to get exchange off that machine as they both fight for all free memory in a horrific p*ssing match
  4. Scruff

    RAID problem

    Thanks I shall do the same and see what the result is.
  5. Scruff

    RAID problem

    a quick update.... after dismantling the server i found the controller to be a smart array 5i controller, i've reseasted that i also took out the backplane to get rid of the 8 years of dust and put that back in. now only one of the drives is lighting up so it's actually got worse =\ Scruff
  6. Scruff

    RAID problem

    Tah, I shall check this out as a possible cause. That design seems madness, shame the damn thing only had to last until my new DL380 and MSA60 arrived, now i need a way to rescue my data :\
  7. Scruff

    RAID problem

    Would that not affect every drive in the controller ?
  8. Scruff

    RAID problem

    directly in, it's the 177986-001 drives as seen here (random link from google)
  9. Scruff

    RAID problem

    it is but the good drives stay good in every slot, the 3 bad drives stay bad in every slot
  10. Scruff

    RAID problem

    not sure, it doesn't say during the boot process. It's actually an ML370 from yesteryear not a 350.
  11. Scruff

    RAID problem

    Hi all, I have an old ML350 (soon to be recycled) which i had to shut down due to some constuction work in the server room, when I booted the machine back up it couldnt find the OS and therefore wouldn't boot and one of the 3 scsi disks wasn't lit up. I had a spare handy so swapped it out it had the same issue as the other. I verified that it was a disk problem and not the controller by moving one of the good disks in to the slot to see if the drive would light up and stay up which it did. So i had another replacement drive delivered today, popped it it and it does the same as the other two faulty ones, lights up when you hit the power button but goes straight back down with no warning lights. I find it massivly hard to believe that I have 3 faulty disks but no clue as to what the actual problem might be. Any ideas ? TIA and Cheers Scruff
  12. OK i missed that thread sorry, after reading it all is well and i'm sure I can put up with it *uses free edugeek 2GB USB flash drive from BETT 2008* ;p
  13. This is the first post i navigated to today from my google feed and I got an ad exactly as you were describing lol p.s: they're terrible, get rid of them
  14. I'll take a look if you send it over Cheers Rob
  15. whats the question ?
  16. I have a WINDOWSDEFAULT which is XPSP2, this is the original OS that it installs, alonside that I have the individual machine images i.e DC5100 DC7800 I'm putting the drivers in the both the base windows install and the individual machine type install, in both their i386\$oem$\$1\Drivers\NIC and their 1386 Directories. Still no joy
  17. the inf file does contain the line: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_10BD&SUBSYS_10BD8086 This relates exactly to the device in the original machine the i riprep'd I really can't see why it's not working, it should be so easy ;p
  18. Let me start by just saying AARRRRGGGHHHH *multiple expletive deleted* I've been trying to fix this problem since friday morning and i'm not sure how long i'll have any hair left. I just bought a room full of HP DC7800 machines with Intel 82566DM network adapters and I want to use my RIS setup to get them up an running, thats not too much to ask I'm sure. I get the old chestnut back from RIS that my image doesn't contain the right drivers as per usual so I go through the whole $oem$\$1\Drivers\NIC thing and bunging drivers in left right and centre of that directory and i386, editing the .sif and whatnot. Same issue still. On some forums they say about RIS not parsing some of the .inf files correctly so I download the specific RIS .infs from Intel, delete the required .PNFs and restart binlsvc. Still no joy They also mention some manual editing of the Intel INFs because they're too large, so i've done all of that too and it's still moaning. Does anyone PLEASE have any ideas left ? Cheers Rob
  19. As the Quake 1,2 & 3 clients have all been GPL'd for a while now there have been some great community enhancements with respect to network play and user created content. It also helps that it great originally Free is good.
  20. Here is an MS article on the original error posted: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822659 what is the NetBIOS name of the laptop ? Scruff
  21. A quick google for the filename brings up This link. *Edit* Ah, seems the person above me found the same link... nevermind
  22. On a semi-related note, Ive been watching a program on channel 5 on a wednesday night about american prisons i think its called Lockdown. Its pretty good you should give it a watch. Anyone tell me why while I was writing this my apostrophy key decided to turn quick search in firefox on instead of typing the character ?
  23. I watched Season 1+2 and loved them, started watching Season 3 but then Tv-links got shut down so I don't watch it any more as I don't have sky. Guess i'll have to wait for the terrestrial showing now or the DVD box set.
  24. sure do, posting this from the PDA. looks good! a job well done
  25. Looks the same to me on my Windows mobile PDA, although it's not too bad with zoom set to smallest. Not sure what it should look like mind you *edit* ofcourse that could be because i'm looking at a cached page from June 2007 , best fix those gateway settings.....
×
×
  • Create New...