Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Scruff

Members
  • Posts

    137
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Scruff

  1. And i'm sure there is a very good reason for it, shame I can't think what it is...
  2. I had this same problem, see my thread here: http://www.edugeek.net/forums/showthread.php?t=9246 I never did try the solutions I just got rid of the vista machines but you should give it a go Rob *Edit* Sorry I didn't read the entire post and it appears you have already tried the solutions provided.
  3. You should be able to just do this from the DHCP mmc snap-in by setting the IP of the gateway in the '003 Router' setting of the Scope Options
  4. It's functioning again now with the new URL, Nice one I'll be down at BETT tomorrow so I shall be sure to stop by and say hi to everyone who is on the stand
  5. I've been meaning to point this out since launch, not sure if anyone else has. Each forum post in the RSS feed has a "Show Original Item" link. These all now get me redirected to the front page instead of the forum item which isn't all that useful. Is there a seperate feed for the secondus that works correctly or is it FUBAR ? *Edit* : Sorry I put it in the wrong section
  6. Hi, Very interested, currently an IT manager in lincs, and stamford is closer to me than I am now Rob
  7. So i'm alone in the school, anyone else sat at their desk today ? Still got some shopping to do too =( p.s Merry Christmas all
  8. surely a quick search for the answer sheet on their home drive wouldn't be difficult
  9. Looks like a wordpress site....
  10. I've had no such call, and it's running this minute, hope it's ok. ExamBase was so much better
  11. The administrative software is an awful mess of a UI, the database structure is god-awful and makes no sense, the nice web front end for staff is ok but sometimes suffers from memory issues which will cane your server and costs extra. Report building is ok but a shame when you realise all of the really useful functions are undocumented and only known by the devs who wrote them. Support is generally very good if you do have issues however. Patches are required quite often and seem to fix 5 bugs but cause 50 more. It's not all bad though in reality, it could be a lot worse.
  12. Have you checked the the account that the Active Directory Connector service is using for it's credentials ? It has to be enabled and appropriate perms.
  13. Awsome, ordered and on it's way, apparently I had an account which was news to me *shrug* Thank you kindly gentlemen
  14. Well I just went through the box and it appears there is no such disc, you have to create your own recovery media which has all the drivers and whatnot, which is 2 DVD-Rs worth of rubbish.
  15. I do indeed have one or two, Whats your favourite flavour ISO or Posted ?
  16. Anyone know where I can order a Microphone (1/4" Jack) and Stand/Boom/Holder where they'll accept a PO as we don't have a CC and I need to have it delivered by Monday ? Tall order I know...
  17. I think it was the VGN-N38E/W model I was buying with XP pre-installed and all is well, it's not the most powerful lad on the block but it's a solid machine and XP works very well, you're probably buying better equipment than I have the budget for I find the x-black displays a pleasure. Although saying all that i'm lucky as I don't have a laptop so I don't care if they're all crap tbh. Windows Mobile 5 FTW!
  18. From my limited experiances with vista, I've found that Toshiba don't think XP drivers are very important (A100 series), I lost a lot of hardware functionality downgrading two of those and actually the VAIO's I bought recently (even though i'm not a great fan of sony) worked very well but I had those downgraded from the factory. I gave the Toshibas a try because some of the HPs I was purchasing didn't allow me to ghost the drives as neither ghost nor RIS could work with the IDE adapter for some reason so I had to do their pre-installed routine for all of them and install the software manually which was a royal pain. The toshiba's are now running Vista again unfortunatly and another of them even blue screens every time the XP installer loads both from CD and PXE, lush! So now i'm buying VAIO's for a while as they have some decent hardware and their business models are quite competetivly priced which amazed me. None of that will have been any help I'm sure
  19. Amiga A500+ : Rainbow Island Hudson Hawk NewZealand Story Back to the future 2 Skidmarks Superfrog Zool plus hundreds of others I can't think of right now PC: Doom 2 Quake 1 Under a Killing Moon Worms Microsoft Golf Starcraft Plus lots more
  20. And me, it's excellent
  21. £100 per unit ? you were obviously being ripped off beforehand, the margins on PC hardware are too slim for those kind of saving otherwise
  22. yes it is *hides fpga development board*
  23. Scruff

    Spooks

    *cough* tv-links.co.uk *cough* ?
  24. Yes the primary DNS server is also the DHCP server, it strikes me as odd that that many DNS queries can occur in such a short timeline (within a second or two) constantly as leases are not renewed that often
  25. Yes they are...... *queue excitement as Geoff narrows it down logically *
×
×
  • Create New...