Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

badders

Edu Supporters
  • Posts

    241
  • Joined

Everything posted by badders

  1. We.ve manually set smoothwall as the proxy in the non-domain client, but we don't seem to get a pop-up asking for username/password. Would this be related to the SSL login settings in smoothwall?
  2. Is anybody using Smoothwall and Ruckus and managed to get a guest WLAN working. We have no problem setting up a school WLAN for domain attached devices, but would like to enable students to use their own laptops to access the internet by authenticating against thier AD account. We've got as far as setting up another WLAN for students that asks for authentication using the Ruckus portal to authorize the device but then when we try to browse the internet Smoothwall blocks access due to the local user of the laptop being an unauthorised user. Would we have to use VLans with a separate DHCP server?
  3. badders

    iTalc

    Have you tried copying the key folder from the machine that works to the machine that doesn't work? (C:\Program Files\iTALC\keys).
  4. We used the same as marcgr, Logitech E3500. Although I think they may be have stopped making them now, somw suppliers still have them in stock. Good image and just plug them in, they even install as a student account.
  5. We have deployed printers from 2 print servers (2008+SP2) using group policy preferences which has worked really well, after installing a trial of print management software it was noticed that the PC's that have deployed printers seem to be printing directly to the printers rather than through the print servers. How can we use GPP to point the printers through the shared printers queues on the servers to allow us to log print jobs? GPP works really well but will we need to go back to using scripts to route through the print servers?
  6. We also used to have netop and have just moved to italc. It's easier to install than netop and it's free!
  7. Looking for a 5 camera IP based CCTV system with recording software. Already have a server available to run the software and would like reasonable quality cameras (good enough to id people if needed), motion activated, PoE would be nice but not essential. Cameras would be ceiling or wall mounted. Thanks.
  8. badders

    CLEO email down

    We're receiving some emails but are still unable to send or reply to external emails.
  9. badders

    CLEO email down

    Is there still an email problem? Ours is not sending or receiving externally.
  10. Thanks. will give them a call in the morning.
  11. I can get to a logon box and enter the admin user details then get the same error page which includes the following: This problem can be caused by a variety of issues, including: •Internet connectivity has been lost. •The website is temporarily unavailable. •The Domain Name Server (DNS) is not reachable. •The Domain Name Server (DNS) does not have a listing for the website's domain. •There might be a typing error in the address. •If this is an HTTPS (secure) address, click Tools, click Internet Options, click Advanced, and check to be sure the SSL and TLS protocols are enabled under the security section.
  12. I'm getting as far as the certificate error which I click continue on. The page sits there for a while then displays a connection error page referring to dns, which I've checked and seems to be OK.
  13. I am trying to reconfigure our UTM-1000 and have a few problems. I have reset to factory defaults and entered new ip settings and authentication settings. I then restart the network services and have a lot of difficulty logging back in. I've tried https and http, and also ip and hostname. If I leave it for 10 or 15 mins and try again it some times lets me back in. Does anybody have any ideas of waht I'm doing wrong?
  14. Just received my approval and downloaded the software. Now I need to find time to have a play with it.
  15. Does anybody know why we keep receiving this error and if may cause network drop outs? Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-DHCP-Server Date: 04/08/2009 09:59:21 Event ID: 1070 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: SERVER.domain.internal Description: Iashlpr initialization failed: 1060, so DHCP server cannot talk to NPS server. It could be that IAS service is not started. Should we be using Network Policy Server?
  16. The logs are now working again so must have started clearing themselves.
  17. I have found "Warning: Partition /var/log is 95.0 % full". How do I remove some of the logs? I've tried ticking the box to automatically delete logs but nothing seems to be happening.
  18. Our Smoothwall box seems to have stopped creating logs. Usually we can look at the realtime web filter and see it updating with sites that are being accessed. When we look now we logs until 08.20 then nothing till a single log at 15.46. Have rebooted the box and still no change. Any ideas?
  19. I'm trying to add roles to a new virtual server running Server 2008 R2, if I use the add role wizard progress gets to "Collecting installation results" and just freezes the whole vm. Using snapshots I can revert to a saved state and I've found that by adding roles using powershell works ok. Has anybody else had this problem or knows what could be causing it? I don't have a problem adding the roles a different way but it would be nice to know why it does this.
  20. Does anybody know if R2 is a "free" upgrade available to download or do you have to buy new licenses and disks?
  21. badders

    Email problems

    Ours has gone again!
  22. badders

    Email problems

    Seems to be working now. I'm starting to get the usual rubbish arriving.
  23. badders

    Email problems

    Is anybody else having a problem with CLEO email at the moment. We can send fine but are not receiving anything in.
  24. :cheer2:I've managed to attach the NFS store to the first host, just need to work out step-by-step what I did and configure the other 2.
  25. The “User Name Mapping” service doesn't seem to exist in Server 2008. Im also now getting the same error as Duke. Error during the configuration of the host: Cannot open volume: /vmfs/volumes/whatever There seems to be a lot on the vmwae forums and usually people are removing ESX4 and going back to ESX3.5. I don't really want to do this as it seems a bit of a backwards step.
×
×
  • Create New...