caffrey
Members-
Posts
4,763 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by caffrey
-
I found something online that agreed with my opinions, changed it around a bit and came up with the attached if it's useful for anyone Projectors Vs TVs - Google Docs.pdf
-
Blue Screen Day - Office 2016 and Printing related
caffrey replied to _techie_'s topic in Windows 10
Our fleet is Kyocera but I can push out and give it a go -
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
caffrey replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
Maybe because I just turned 50 on Monday perhaps -
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
caffrey replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
Just tried registering and I was told I wasn't eligible -
Blue Screen Day - Office 2016 and Printing related
caffrey replied to _techie_'s topic in Windows 10
@ass17 still having issues ? Before I push it out... -
Blue Screen Day - Office 2016 and Printing related
caffrey replied to _techie_'s topic in Windows 10
Yep that was it, strange that they aren't releasing to WSUS maybe because it didn't affect everyone -
Blue Screen Day - Office 2016 and Printing related
caffrey replied to _techie_'s topic in Windows 10
Managed to import after fixing the WSUS server... -
Thanks all, we've had a few cheap TV's running 24/7 in reception areas for years without missing a beat Price difference between commercial and domestic looks double, just checked currys and they do a 65" Hisense for £550 which is really close to projector prices Are there any issues with viewing distances ? I suppose you can just run the tv at 720p or smaller for presentations
-
I'm sure I've asked this question before but Has anyone produced a case study on projectors vs TVs in classroom, I'm not talking touchscreens just your standard shop bought screen as large format TV's are almost at parity with Projectors now
-
Blue Screen Day - Office 2016 and Printing related
caffrey replied to _techie_'s topic in Windows 10
Is that KB5001566 for 1909 ? Says that it won't be made available to WSUS and do we need to install the SSU too ? KB5000908 ? -
You can get them reset, I had an activation limit reached removed and we're out of the support band too - I went through the forums initially Sibelius - Help Center
-
I work in Timpsons - doesn that make me a Key Worker ?
-
Bullying incident through Jamboard : anyone got any ideas?
caffrey replied to Starbug1's topic in Cloud Services
Bit too late but at least it's there now https://workspaceupdates.googleblog.com/2021/03/version-history-now-available-in-jamboard.html -
1:1 Staff Laptops Vs Designated Class PC for whiteboard
caffrey replied to titch's topic in AV and Multimedia Related
We're in the process of doing this as staff have been issued with Chromebooks due to current events plus we're a Google school, I've had success with cheap £40 usb-c hubs - one cable to rule them all. PC's are getting pulled much to their chagrin -
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
caffrey replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
Good, can't wait to get mine -
Any gotchas with the Instant On stuff ? There is some very basic L3 stuff with the Unifi Pro switches I think, I do all my routing on a usg but it's not really intended as a layer 3 switch so everything is done via cli
-
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
caffrey replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
Pretty much what I said, plus part of it is to do with another concern I have which is there is no control as to what device kids are bringing into schools, we're having to support whatever they have Pupil equipment list specifically states ipad. We are having major issues with android \ unifi and latest IOS is giving us issues as well - some devices are taking huge chunks of time to get connected and with them being BYOD we have no control over them at all - we have 0 issues with class set school owned chromebooks \ loaners Might contact my Union, it's not something I've ever done before so I don't even know where to start! -
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
caffrey replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
Oof, I got dragged into a concerns meeting for my refusal to go into the hall to help out -
Blue Screen Day - Office 2016 and Printing related
caffrey replied to _techie_'s topic in Windows 10
a) Yes b) Yes (Well I did) c) Yes it'll probably be a new KB not sure of the last one, in theory once declined and they recheck for updates it should dissapear -
Blue Screen Day - Office 2016 and Printing related
caffrey replied to _techie_'s topic in Windows 10
I read about it this morning, but it was too late approving it for uninstall in WSUS has done the trick -
And was Gillian Anderson contracted to have a swim every episode ?
-
Cracked it by crafting a special user account in a new OU, then set the settings on the user account to not autofill. Logging on with that account now just opens the LFT site and accepts cookies etc. Autofill has gone.
-
Kiosk mode seems to blank the screen after a while too, and I'm not even sure if you can go back to the start of the form once finished as I've no way of testing Think I'll just tell everyone to sign in as themselves - seems the simplest option
-
Not sure if this is the right place for the topic but does having a chromebook in kiosk mode retain user filled in form data ? (Autofill) I had some chromebooks setup for the LFT using a single user account but it retained data in the form fields, I'm just experimenting with kiosk mode but there is no LTF form test form that I can see Is anyone else using chromebooks for the LTF testing registration ?
