-
Posts
678 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by RobD
-
-
Weirdly the first time I tried them on my eyes started to water. Its like the absence of sound made my eyes panic.
-
I can thoroughly recommend these: Sony WH-1000XM3 I know they're expensive but the noise cancelling is amazing, a friend of mine gets anxiety when he travels across big cities and once he started to use these he told me it helped enormously.
-
Found this guide that maybe useful for the unifi people. https://evanmccann.net/blog/2021/1/unifi-ap-guide
-
Anything in the event log indicating its failed to connect?
- 9 replies
-
- remote access
- server 2019
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
I think "The looker after-er of the things with plugs" would be more appropriate.
-
On the client? Check what the server says. Work Folders Syncing | Tech Blog Work folders are a nightmare.
-
I've not tried one but lots of people on a wireless slack group I'm on love Secret Lab Chairs. https://secretlab.co.uk/
-
$ISP = (Invoke-RestMethod http://ip-api.com/json/).isp $ISP | out-file -filepath c:\temp\$ISP.txt
-
How many VMs are you running these days ?
RobD replied to Jcx500's topic in Thin Client and Virtual Machines
-
I had similar issues at a site a while back. Slow Tuesday they were calling it. I tested internally between clients and servers with iperf (or jperf) to rule out switches, Checked the servers performance via the hypervisor and tested the local servers disks with CrystalDiskMark to rule out the servers, Tested the wireless between AP and client with the android app Cloudcheck, Checked the bandwidth which didn't seem constrained. All seemed fine so I moved onto the client, cut a long story short it was the client hardware but I had to prove it.
-
I need to practice my predictive designs so if anyone has any floor plans and a scale then send me a message (I dont work for any support companies etc so this won't end up in a sales pitch)
-
I do predictive and ap on stick surveys with work. It's a difficult task given sites we have to look after. Use Ekahau pro and a sidekick. It's a lot of fun but difficult to get right.
-
Have a read of this: https://wlanprofessionals.com/why-one-access-point-per-classroom-approach-is-wrong/ Its a good read but it doesn't take into account the fact that a lot of Schools don't have the funds to either buy the equipment to survey or pay for someone to do it for them.
-
I used these courses: AZ-900: https://www.udemy.com/course/microsoft-azure-fundamentals-training-bootcamp/ AZ-104: https://www.udemy.com/course/70533-azure/ These labs using the free credit for new accounts from MS: AZ-900: https://github.com/MicrosoftLearning/AZ-900T0x-MicrosoftAzureFundamentals az-104: https://github.com/MicrosoftLearning/AZ-104-MicrosoftAzureAdministrator Then these practise exams: AZ-900: https://www.whizlabs.com/microsoft-azure-certification-az-900/ AZ-104: https://www.whizlabs.com/microsoft-azure-certification-az-104/
-
I think cloud will be very prominent in our future, I've recently finished a few Azure qualifications (AZ900 and AZ104) but saying that its not everything. The wireless industry is coming huge and networking will never go away, my plans are to try and do my CCNP next and then maybe some more wireless qualifications.
-
I've just bought a bird box with camera for my wife for Christmas, starting to think I should of got a bird table camera but hey-ho. Still very excited.
-
Is it there in OWA? Do you have a online archive enabled?
-
I'd only do that if the rooms arnt too close. Co-channel interference and adjacent channel interference can cause heaps of issues.
-
Cisco (not Merkai) with a vWLC, Mostly 2800 APs. Lots of APs all over the world, have to be careful with Regulatory Domains.
-
I've just ended up buying a Ooni Karu, multi fuel, it's £50 off at the mo. Couldn't resist! - - - Updated - - - Some amazing deals on KJs here: https://www.bbqland.co.uk/free-joetisserie-kamado-joe-classic-ii-mega-bundle-black-friday.html
-
If I'm really struggling, I'll give each vlan on each switch an IP and see if I can ping it
-
It goes up to 260°C without any issue (500°F), they're ceramic so keep the heat really well. I have the classic 2. If I was to buy again though I'd probably go with the classic 3 or even the big joe. I find I use it all the time, even building an outside kitchen for it.
-
I have a Kamdo Joe which can get to mega high temps for Pizza. Just waiting for my pizza stone to arrive.
-
Souns like a gateway issue to me. Check the subnet and Gateway are correct.
