-
Posts
678 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by RobD
-
Don't know if this may help at all: Linky Its what I used recently to create mandatory profiles.
-
We normally batch if we can otherwise we've used Impero before with keyboard mimic!
-
Hi All, I work at a School that currently doesn't have any tablets but is interested in buying some in the near future. As such I've been doing some research, I've found this site which is great and has a bunch of MDM systems I hadn't considered but since I've been out of Education for a while I thought I ask what you all use here? I'm tempted by Lightspeed as we already have the Rocket which is pretty good but any advice would be great. Thanks Rob
-
Hi All, I'm looking to deploy Android Studio v0.4.2 for room but I'm struggling with a silent install to a specific location. I can use /S to install it silently but cant work out the switch to install it for all users to a specific location i.e. Program files. Anyone any idea? Thanks Rob
-
Smart Board 11.4 with Smart Ink and Microsoft Ink
RobD replied to RobD's topic in Educational Software
Sorry to be thick but where is the option to disable it? Thanks -
Hi All, Users in my school are using either Smart 11.3 or 11.4 and keep getting the message below: We're using office 2010 pro and everything seems to be installed at should be but I'm struggling to get rid of this message. I'm sure its something easy but any ideas? Thanks
-
I don't think its an option really, possibly google drive for personal documents and gmail as both are free but that's as far as we could go I think. We're on a 20MB leased line and due to the cost I cant image we'd increase that.
-
Thanks Millgate, its less about backup and more about storage of data but I will keep you in mind. Does anyone out there use Google Apps for email etc? Looks very cheap in comparison to Office 365.
-
Urrgghhh I know, I tried to make my point from a security point of view but they fairly quickly dismissed that idea. The next point I'll really have to make is unless you want all your data to only be access via a web browser then how could we ever be disk free?
-
Hi All, I've just come out of a budget meeting where I asked for more money for storage.....long story short I was told to investigate cloud storage. Do any schools out there use cloud storage for as their primary or second method of file storage and if so could you let me know who and if possible some rough costs? Thanks Rob
-
Thanks for the replies all, I'm interested in the QNAPs but will have a look at these other options. I'm struggling slightly as I've come from corporate where'd we'd buy a really expensive NetApp SAN without blinking to stfuggling to purchase a grands worths of backup storage but hey ho.
-
Hi All, I'm looking for a cheapish SAN which will specifically used for Veeam backups. I've been looking at QNAP SANs and would probably need at most 8TB storage at most but potentially with the capacity to upgrade. Sorry should have mentioned, RAID 5 would be great in a ideal world too. Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks
-
IP camera and jeans....I'm happy with that!
-
Exchange 2010 DAG failed, soooo irritating.
-
I have for home use, ESXi on with a bunch on Win7 machines!
-
We're not looking I'm afraid...
-
MADvent 2013 - 25 days of prizes and free sweets for all entrants!
RobD replied to VeryPC's topic in Our Advertisers
Ummm, yeah ok......doesn't sound great. -
MADvent 2013 - 25 days of prizes and free sweets for all entrants!
RobD replied to VeryPC's topic in Our Advertisers
Can I join in? I love sweets and videos of men giving away stuff!! -
I know this may not be a favourable route but the School I work for were struggling for ICT staff so ended up contacting a ICT specialist company who provide backup and temporary staff when short or when bogged down with work but this probably isn't the cheapest method.
-
Hi, Thanks for the replies both, I've pm'd you techie but yes thats me!!
-
Just sent you a email, thanks for the help!!
-
Hi All, I've recently moved into the educational sector and the School I work at is very keen to implement a VDI solution. I've not worked with VDI and the ICT firm we work with are happy to help me implement something but I was wondering if you could provide me with some basic information such as: Is there a rule of thumb about how many thin clients will run per physical host? (I appreciate this will propably depend on the physical host) How Many servers make up the citrix environment and what does each do? I'm guessing a broker server but not sure what else backend other than maybe a file server and SAN? How does it work? I.e. I'm guessing you create a image thats hosted on our ESX servers thats accessed by the clients? Any help would be great. Thanks
-
help exam IT TECHNICIAN at Harris Girls' Academy East Dulwich
RobD replied to julieetta's topic in Educational IT Jobs
I always revise the basics before a interview, some of these questions are a little out of date but useful: MCSE and System Administrator Job Interview Questions - Part 1 - Networking -
Did you ever find a fix for this?? Having the same issue.
-
Brilliant, thanks I'll take a look.
