skell
Members-
Posts
585 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by skell
-
The Xibo server and client can go on the same box. We use XAMPP for our Xibo server, amongst other things. Is that not an option?
-
Use Xibo. Fantastic free piece of software. Massive thread on it here http://www.edugeek.net/forums/general-chat/36295-anyone-using-xibo.html
-
Oh yeah baby, we have a winner! Uninstalling KB2412171 has solved the problem. Now to un-frick all the autodiscovery settings I've changed in an attempt to solve this...
-
[email protected] I'm just uninstalling update KB2412171 from my VM. Apparently this might be the problem.
-
Hello! Our Autodiscovery service isn't working. When a new user logs onto a PC and opens Outlook, when you set up the email address it should come back with [email protected] but its presenting [email protected] And I can't for the life of me figure out why. Anyone any ideas? Thanks!
-
That would be appreciated as our boarders (apparently) can't voice chat at the moment. Sigh. Flippin Skype...
-
Found it thanks. I've switched it off for now. Will see how that goes and report back. Cheers Tom.
-
I don't think we have SSL security on, where would I find that setting? And yes, tell me about it. Skype is the most used, most annoying program I've ever come across. In its attempts to not be blocked by ISP's, it just latches on to random ports each time someone tries to connect! You can't even force it to use a particular port. Complete 'mare to allow and block all at the same time...
-
Hi Guys / Girls / Aliens Can anyone tell me the correct proxy settings for Skype and SmoothWall? We're getting complaints from some of our boarding students that they can connect to Skype but they can't talk to anyone, either via messaging or voice chat. We are using SSL login authentication, and during testing, and understanding the way SSL login works, leaving the Skype proxy settings as per the picture seems to do the job, and the test chat works and calls to my Skype account seem to work. Any advice would be gratefully received!
-
How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? "Where do babies come from?" is also a good one.
-
Moodle two IP Addresses (LAN & Internet)
skell replied to karan_jhr's topic in Virtual Learning Platforms
Have you got HTTPS enabled? -
That was one of the symptoms of that god awful film The Core...
-
BRINNER! I miss Scrubs. And according to the article, you can't have any kind of drink with it? Bit lame really...
-
That's just a heart attack on a plate. Really fancy breakfast for dinner now though...
-
If I recall correctly, its something to do with the NTLM settings. Under - Computer Configuration - Policies - Windows Settings - Security Settings - Local Policies/Security Options - Network Security try the following Network security: LAN Manager authentication level Send LM & NTLM - use NTLMv2 session security if negotiated Network security: LDAP client signing requirements None Network security: Minimum session security for NTLM SSP based (including secure RPC) clients Enabled Require NTLMv2 session security Disabled Require 128-bit encryption Disabled Network security: Minimum session security for NTLM SSP based (including secure RPC) servers Enabled Require NTLMv2 session security Disabled Require 128-bit encryption Disabled I'll keep looking. Just found this, similar issue. http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/11155-windows-7-cant-see-xp-2003-shares.html
-
Do you have the firewall on? I've had this problem before, couldn't see any computers that weren't running Windows Vista / 7. I'll try and remember what I did...
-
Can you access it via the IP?
-
Who uses what proxy server inside their network?
skell replied to DCS's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Just signed up for a 3 year contract with Smoothwall using one of their UTM-1000 devices. Previously used ISA / Forefront + Websense (ick). After trialing the box for about 3 days, it was clear to us that Smoothwall was the obvious choice. Its great! -
I'll mail you a screenshot!
-
I love you guys. Keep it coming, this is gold!
-
Thats a great idea, except there isn't enough room in our office for a third person, even one that won't be around much as she is also a teacher. The is an office next to ours is free, so we are thinking of suggesting she use this one. That would mean we're altogether without everyone being smushed. It's big enough for one person. We're just looking to find as many reasons as possible not to move!
-
Hey everyone! The powers that be want to move us to a different office. We are very much against this as we love the office we're in and its all set up to go with about 10 network points dotted around the room. We've also got two servers and a couple of switches. Its away from the main building which makes it almost an offsite location. We backup to this office and have a secondary domain controller here. The reason they've said they want to move us is so that we can share an office with our MIS co-ordinator. We have no problems sharing a room with them, and it makes sense to move IT related staff into one area. The room they want to move us into is OK, but has none of the features or the storage space to put things like this room has. Has anyone any ideas on how we can prevent this? We aren't above lying as long as it sounds convincing! Thanks!
-
Hi Marc The value for every user is 1.
-
"Spanish politicians have criticised a video by the Young Socialists in Catalonia in which a woman simulates an while casting her vote." Just amended the blurb so no filters catch it. News story here Full video here Hilarious! Have a good weekend everyone!
-
They shout at you? Each time I see that font I die a little inside. Of course I've seen it so many times I'm actually on my 4th life...
