Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

rob_coles

Members
  • Posts

    235
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by rob_coles

  1. Just a heads up really, I put sp1 on my test server took a good hour to install. When it rebooted Non-system disk or disk error Replace and strike any key when ready Doh! I've had to boot off from 2008rc2 dvd pressed shift f10 at the welcome/language screen. and run x:\sources\recovery\StartRep.exe which has brought it back to life... .
  2. I had the same issue with an asus laptop/mb using win7 drivers. I downgraded the drivers to vista ones worked first time
  3. Any idea when r2 is out offically? Got two new dc's coming in the summer. Will 2008 be able to upgrade to r2
  4. Well I must admit Im quite impressed. I've had a few issues with drivers and the odd bsod. The automatic recovery works well. It just detects a fault and does an auto system restore. I like the visual look and some odd bits like the auto wallpaper changer (sad but it tickled me) I'm liking the new start bar approach. CPU usage is way down compared to vista. On the desktop on vista 64 it ticked over about 35% windows 7 is at 7%. Windows 7 is still very greedy with memory but I assume thats all down to the visuals. I'm quite looking forward to rolling this out with 2008 r2. Only real issue I have is with ie8. It just constantly flickers which is quite annoying.
  5. got mine via torrent in the end.
  6. Either will do its just to have a look.
  7. Not sure if this is allowed or not but does anyone have a x64 iso I can download?
  8. Are you using any document management? We are using docman which is very good. DOCman - Joomla! Extensions Directory
  9. I just used Active Directory Last Logon Tool
  10. :confused:Anyone got a screenie of where what position goes etc? tried a few of them and cant get my head round it
  11. DAEMON Tools Lite Help: Command Line Switches I used a batch file , mount then run the exe.
  12. Daemon tools
  13. We are using google apps for education, free simple and quick Google Apps
  14. is jcal a free download?
  15. I have the same problem did you manage to fix? Edit what bit in the index.php?
  16. As soon as I have something to show I will post atm its just stock with no content
  17. Sorted ty :-)
  18. USB drive letter manager - USBDLM
  19. I have recently installed edugeek_joomla_1.2.0 but Im having a few issues Server, win2k3 with ii6+mysql I currently have another site + phpbb forum + moodle running with little or no issues. The first screenshot is an error on the main page, the second is on the global config page, When I make any changes to the global config I get an error and it doesnt save. On install everything appears to be fine permission wise, see attached Suggests and thoughts Rob
  20. found it
  21. I downloaded the package recently from here is there a more that one available? And thank you for your quick reply
  22. Was a soloution found for this?
  23. We looked at a back up server , the idea of having a load of big hd's, we've finally got the backup to a reasonable size (working ) Thanks for your tips/suggestions.
  24. thank you for your replies so far, I thought I had excluded things like mp3s wma's etc It appears I was mistaken :S Excludeded a load of files back in business "R2's file screening" Not sure what that is explain a little please sounds interesting
×
×
  • Create New...