-
Posts
922 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Liam
-
I was thinking that.. or edugeek sponsors pay!
-
https://www.pcworldbusiness.co.uk/catalogue/item/P151534P?from=category&heat=img Anyone use this mouse? Just wondering whats so good about it! Lol
-
Firewall?
-
Does it ping by ip? Can you link tbe dns server by both fqdn/netbios and ip?
-
So im getting this now. Any further with this? Thanks Liam
-
In dns go to add new zone and put in the network details if necessary but don’t really need to m. Bear in mind they won’t communicate without routing / properly configured gateways at device level this would need to be configured by your dhcp options. The gateway would need to be the vlan interface ip. I’d also consider using some kind of ip helper and using your windows dhcp server assuming you have one
-
I have been helping our dpo with the ict related criteria’s and it’s been a big enough task. You only have to look at some of the roles advertised on here and the salaries associated. Ok I think a lot of organisations are very worried about it and that fear factor alone if forcing them to offer huge salaries for the role, but it’s not a new thing. We still have a responsibility under current legislation.
-
And I never produce guidance notes I hand out the quick reference sheets produced by Capita.. thanks though. [emoji1303]
-
I should have mentioned that it’s for internal purposes only. We are having some staff movement / job roles changes that require quite a bit of sims training .
-
Anyone have any instructions how to duplicate a sims database for training purposes. I have done this loads of times but i cant for the life of me remember what i did to achieve this. I always seem to have issues with users. I know how the connect.ini file works etc etc for selecting database but i cant remember what i did to achieve it. I seem to remember detatch / reattach maybe im wrong Any help would be amazing. Thanks Liam
-
How would you achieve it though? Third party drive mapper? One drive client? I am using a third party one now and it’s just so slow. The clients works better obviously but unmanageable roaming users. I know the client is improving to combat this though with one drive files on demand in the creators update. Interesting this one . Think I’ll Still have local storage for some time yet
-
DFS Namespace Not working on certain DCs
Liam replied to HereIGoAgain2601's topic in Windows Server 2012
Had this before. Seem to remember is being a registry issue. I had to remove a key and then reboot. Does it work from all clients? -
This computer can not connect to remote computer
Liam replied to Liam's topic in Windows Server 2012
Ok... so... I now get cannot connect to remote computer via remote app.. I’ve had enough for one day! Wish this stuff was easy. -
This computer can not connect to remote computer
Liam replied to Liam's topic in Windows Server 2012
So sorted one problem and now I’m getting another errror. Can not connect to remote gateway server when using remote apps -
This computer can not connect to remote computer
Liam replied to Liam's topic in Windows Server 2012
So I have managed to get to the bottom of it. There was an issue with certificates on the server. Permissions on the machine keys folder in program data has gone screwed up. I restored them to their defaults and all is well again -
This computer can not connect to remote computer
Liam replied to Liam's topic in Windows Server 2012
Yes connects fine that way too. It’s so strange -
This computer can not connect to remote computer
Liam replied to Liam's topic in Windows Server 2012
Security later is negotiate and encryption is client compatible -
This computer can not connect to remote computer
Liam replied to Liam's topic in Windows Server 2012
I’ll double check now. Nothing has changed which is why I’m a little baffled -
This computer can not connect to remote computer
Liam replied to Liam's topic in Windows Server 2012
The only way I can access the server is via VMware . I have tried everything I can think of. I can remote desktop out of the server though. I’ll have a look at some logs now but nothing jumps out to me -
Since last Friday I am unable to rdp to my session host servers. This is internally and externally via web access Things I have tried Firewall Checked the port is listening Restart (the obvious) Rap / cap rules Remote Desktop configuration of server I just cannot figure it out. Any help here would be well and truly appreciated .
-
[1709, fcu] Can't install .Net 2.0 on Windows 10
Liam replied to angrycomputingteacher's topic in Windows 10
You need to do it from the windows image. I usually just extract the iso and point to that. Then And enter the following line in the Command Prompt: DISM /Online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:NetFx3 /All /LimitAccess /Source:installationMediaDrive:sourcessxs. -
Does anyone know how to actually deploy this so it is licensed etc? In previous versions (2015) i just run it from the exception deployer folder. Its different now as it doesn't contain any files. The msi just doesn't work despite me building a new package! They make it hard sometimes Adobe! Thanks
