Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Liam

Members
  • Posts

    922
  • Joined

Everything posted by Liam

  1. for anyone wishing to do this. To configure authentication methods for Web Proxy clients In the console tree of ISA Server Management, click Networks. Where? Microsoft ISA Server 2004 Server_Name Configuration Networks In the details pane, click the Networks tab and then click the applicable network. On the Tasks tab, click Edit Selected Network. On the Web Proxy tab, click Authentication. In Authentication methods, select the authentication method that may be used to authenticate clients connecting to the selected network. Select Ask unauthenticated users for authentication if unauthenticated users will be required to authenticate themselves using the selected authentication method. If you select RADIUS, Digest, or Basic authentication, then click Select Domain and type the name of the domain to use when authenticating clients. When no domain is explicitly specified, ISA Server uses its own domain. If you select RADIUS authentication, you must enable the system policy's RADIUS configuration group (in the Authentication Services category). If you select RADIUS authentication, then click RADIUS Servers to configure the servers to use for RADIUS authentication.
  2. I need to allow a server out to the internet using basic authentication. any ideas? I thought that creating an allow rule from the ip of the server to the url set would work but it is not working. Im sure an isa expert out there can help
  3. Thanks ALEXB I Must admit i didnt think of using a file screen. thanks All is well.
  4. Has anyone come up with a definate solution to this yet? I have tried all of the group policy suggestions with no luck. I want to avoide having to setup scheduled tasks for scripts etc. Thanks
  5. I have teamed two intel NICs up in order to help with load balancing. Yesterday one of my servers very inconveniently give up which meant i was left with only 1 DC. I am trying to promote my server with the teamed NICs but its erroring with DHCP faults during DNS registration. Is it possible to get around this.
  6. I believe that there is a way of using the local internet browser from a remote desktop session. This would solve a lot of problems for me does anyone know how to do this. There is software on the market to achieve this but at £50 per concurrent license its rather costly. Thanks for any help.
  7. I have only confugred the template to run on work folders alone. As we dont use email for students here there is only my team that recieve the notification. Thanks for your help!
  8. Sorted.. I presume this will prevent further additions but but not the ones currently there? I will scan and delete them now.
  9. Yes i seen that..Where is says command so i need to add a script to delete them?
  10. I know there are several threads related to this already but none of them really help me really.. ~I have prevented students from running specified files via GPO and that all works great. I want to prevent students from being able to run mp3's and exe from their work area. I have followed threads suggesting that i add a software restriction policy to do this.. so i have tried w:\*.exe and *.mp3 and they still run. If i use the full path to outlook for example it will work and outlook will not run.. I have read that i can use wildcards but so far i have had no success. Any suggestions. Would be great. I am probable missing something so simple. Forgive me if i am being stupid. Liam
  11. Does anyone know of any good software to accelerate audio over RDP. I am using 10Zig clients connectings to server 2008r2. Mymain issues are audacity and dance ejay Any help would be brilliant. Thanks
  12. Admittedly this has been covered but when i have tried to import its not allowing to apply the new rule. Has anybody got a working list of blocked urls that you can export for me. Thanks
  13. I know this has already been raised but i am interested to know how people are doing this.
  14. That reg key just creates %CommonProgramFi for the value. On my working server is says %CommonProgramFiles%\Microsoft Shared\DAO\dao360.dll Is there something else i need to do.. Its so frustrating isnt it.
  15. I am using access 2007. So what should i have? Its not created that key for whatever reason.. Could you export your key and email it to me please?
  16. I have already tried the advice of registering the dll's with no luck, also the reg key didnt work for me too.. I am using server 2008 r2 and it works on all my other clients. Just this one server. Any other advice would really help.
  17. Please help.. When using access 2007 Reporting Wizard i get an error that reads 'error in loading dll' I have tried everything from manually registering dll's Uninstall and reinstalling the office suite. Copying working dll's from another machine. I have the correct Jet version and MDAC Version Please help ...
  18. Ok guys without going into things to much... Recently i have introduced a terminal server Environment using mandatory profiles. We use a third party piece of software to run outlook signatures. Unfortunatley until the profile has been created by the user clicking outlook it cannot assign the signature. I need a simple batch file to run at logon that will simply run outlook from the c:\ then pause for 5 seconds then run the exe for exclaimer. When i do this is runs outlook find but then freezed on the dos window until i click exit in outlook. What am i doing wrong. my script is as follows. "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\OUTLOOK.EXE" PING 1.1.1.1 -n 1 -w 5000 >NUL "\\rbhs.local\netlogon\exsync.exe" If i use START then it will not work as the user does not have access to the cmd line. Please help
  19. I have now found that if I search an image nd right click and select copy the preview is unavailable in the office clipboard however if I open a maximised preview of the image and then right click and copy it works. Tried this in my fat client and it works both ways suggesting it's defo abnissue in my ts environment. Any help would be great.
  20. I have tried different web browsers, tried without any updates being applied and then again with the updates. We are behind and isa server but so are all my fat clients with no issues. The issue definatley lies on the TS. I am just running some additional tests now to try and resolve this one. Thanks
  21. When the user goes to google images for example they right click and select copy from the context menu. When they open word or powerpoint for example they right click again and select paste. Absolutely nothing happens whatsoever. If i go to photoshop then i can paste into there no issue.
  22. Has anyone ever experienced problems with copy and pasting from the internet into the office suites. I have read various threads on forums but none have answered my question so far. I have tried: Uninstalling/reinstalling Ensuring all security settings are correct. Running updates Server restart This is quite frustrating as i can C&P into other products like photoshop etc just not office. Strange one please help.
  23. You are probably already aware but Microsoft have an add in to the office suite allowing you to save as a PDF directly. It's good as it supports all fonts etc. So far so good. Thanks anyway chaps your help was much appreciated.
  24. When using a thin client, has anyone successfully managed to render sound and flash content properly without paying for any software. I believe that all the work was meant to be done locally on the client. I think that RDP 7 is the issue to be honest. Thanks in anticipation, i do understand that similar threads have been raised before.
  25. Is this on a TS. Where did you obtain the driver etc. Am i right in assuming that you are mapping printers by a script and the pdf creator is one of them.?
×
×
  • Create New...