Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

ICT_GUY

Members
  • Posts

    2,543
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by ICT_GUY

  1. As an ex prison officer who supervised visits, I would probably go for supervision and some video cameras. Make them scared of being caught, even putting detector warning signs up, plus warnings about what will happen if even caught with a phone inside exam room, let alone caught using it.
  2. Its reasonable to look at a drive to see if you can track the owner down. If you find stuff that should not be in school, then yes you can do something about it. How much trouble would you be in if you gave the USB stick back full of porn? 8O
  3. It comes with its own power supply, just plug and pray. (sorry) Not used this one, but its the same kind of thing. Plus SATA For teh win! http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=48965&C=Maplin&U=SearchTop&T=usb%20ide&doy=6m12
  4. I tried an ipod shuffle a while back, thought it was a pile of brown smelly stuff, and I just am not even going to ever buy into anything steve jobs is selling.
  5. yup best way to get your files off. Otherwise use a USB IDE adapter, our local computer shop does one for £20 and it has never crashed my computer and it needs no drivers. Its a lead with ide at one end and usb at the other.
  6. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPp0g0A_6x8 we have it on our website :oops:
  7. To be safe reimage the whole lot.
  8. Leads and stuff, mostly I buy through dabs.
  9. We are having the same problem with a couple of boards. Not found a solution yet, but it does seem to reset itself if you power down the board itself. Also make sure you have upgraded to the latest versions of the drivers and software. Version 3 is out BTW and is a free upgrade from version 2!
  10. Does it shutdown or does it switch itself off?
  11. Play online, its much faster. Also my p4 3.2 dual core with a 7900gs card stuggles on anything less than minimal settings. UT3 which I have just bought (after being on back order with amazon for near 2 years, but I got for just £18) looks amazing, runs smoothly and is definately a far better looking game with large out door areas. Now do you think perhaps Hellgate might not have been written that well? Oh and its very repetative, basically the only fun you get is reaching a new level, getting better armour and weapons ect. I play as a sumoner, which is fun. Look out for betterthanyou on line.
  12. Keep a log, show log to boss, get gardening leave. One wiff of bullying and you will be alowed to gently leave without question. I had the same thing from my last place from one manager. He tried to get me in on the first day of my new job, because I got the dates wrong. He was very nasty about it. Last week was hell too. Suck it up, or log it. Dont burn bridges though. :!:
  13. All laptops must connect to the school network during PPA time. WSUS patches them, NOD updates them. I would be concerned if the laptops were used to access warez or illegal p0rn. However, I would not expect to find their porn collection on their laptop, though if I did it would be deleted and I would have a word with them. If unlicenced software was found they would be reimaged and they would be warned. So far all my teachers have been very boring, and I have had no problems.
  14. http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=%22get+anything+good+that+suites+my+purpose%22+&hl=en&filter=0 Just to confirm what everyone else has worked out.
  15. Check your DNS settings and servers. Check your event viewers, on client and server.
  16. Kludge would be to be to import them into word. Or even Paint Shop Pro or some such, Even The Gimp will work. Problem is, actual size is subjective, which is why its a head ache. Its all about the DPI & resolution. Do you mean screen size? (depends on how big your screen is and what resolution it is set at). So what size are you talking about? How many pixels? What DPI? How big do you want them? What are you printing them out on?
  17. I am dyslexic, my spelling is erratic, I am sorry if my disability offends anyone.
  18. Its still worth the court option, most companies will give in rather than defend. As I said accept the £400 in part payment, the sue for the rest. You have a %90 chance of success. Or give in.
  19. omfg_dr_nick
  20. Post to you tube?* *as long as shes hot** ** or insane*** ***Or naked**** ****as long as * is true.
  21. I get people using servers as coasters. THEY ONLY DO IT ONCE. :twisted:
  22. Too much caffiene.
  23. So time to take the courier company to court then.
  24. Fixed with an update in september?
  25. the £400 is from the courier... im getting nothing for acer despite the fact that they've been horrible, and wasted days of my life The contract for repair was with Acer. By law they take responsibility, they pay out and claim back from the courier. So, You can accept the £400 in part payment, and then take them to court for the rest. Make sure you write to them to say that this is accepted in part payment though. I've phoned them about this today as im not happy that i'll have to wait till at least the 7'th of December before they will ship me a laptop or payment (they havent said which) The guy was muchly angry on the phone, he explained how i had signed terms and conditions which stated that any lost laptops would result in a claim from the courier. Ive asked for a copy of the terms and conditions... To be valid you would have to been alowed to read said terms and conditions, signing a PDA for reciept does not count. I would ask for a copy of what you signed, expressly for use in the upcoming small claims hearing. Also, dont waste your breath phoning, the minimum wage phone monkeys dont give a damn, do it in writing.
×
×
  • Create New...