-
Posts
2,586 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by alan-d
-
I've asked the question on the moodle forum but I'd ask you lot anyway New to Moodle so hopefully just my error somewhere. Whenever I assign a user to the site course creator role, as soon as they have logged in and out moodle decides to remove them from that role. It seems to stick when giving the creator role in a course, but that is no use when staff need to be able to create the course in the first place. New Install - Currently using 1.7, with latest Php, apache & MySQL 0n a Win2k3 Box. LDAP authentication which works fine. Any pointers would be useful - none of the roles have been edited in any way.
-
We had to resort to manually installing it but it was only for 10 PCs in the D&T Suite. That was about 2 years ago though.
-
That was terrible!!!
-
'cough'..I know Alan's rough age 'cough'....having meet him a few times in the course of work! Being the nice person I am I wont reveal it though! Me, I'm 34 and another year older in early December! You mean someone in BGFL actually managed to work out a solution for something?
-
IT Technician£16,137 - £20,235 (Starting salary dependent on experience) BORDESLEY VILLAGE CHILDREN’S SERVICES, BORDESLEY VILLAGE B9 4NG TEL: 675 1392, EMAIL: [email protected] Required from April 07 an experienced full time IT Technician to work across our busy site, which comprises school and Children’s Centre. We require a committed individual to maintain the effective and efficient uninterrupted operation of our computerised network system. The network offers corporate and public access to the internet as well as personalised access by pupils and staff. This is an exciting opportunity to work within an integrated service making full use of all aspects of computer technology. Knowledge of CMIS would be an advantage. Interviews will take place during the week commencing Monday, 26th March. Closing date Friday 9th March 2007 Please send a stamped addressed envelope for an application form. ICT Technician – Permanent £14,787 - £15,825 QUEENSBRIDGE SCHOOL, QUEENSBRIDGE ROAD, MOSELEY, BIRMINGHAM B13 8QB, TEL: 0121 464 8676, WEB: http://www.queensbridge.bham.sch.uk Queensbridge School - Birmingham’s most improved Secondary School in 2006, is seeking an ICT Technician. Our school is a designated Arts College (the first in Birmingham), with a nationally recognised specialism in visual and performing arts. We are a culturally rich and dynamic community of 630 learners that offer big opportunities for pupils and staff through our work with a strong network of local schools and colleges in our area. We are looking for an enthusiastic ICT Technician to join our small and dedicated team, which supports the IT infrastructure, audiovisual and telecommunications systems across the school. Experience of windows networking is essential combined with excellent customer service and team working skills. Closing Date: Friday 9th March 2007 Should you require an application pack then please phone the above telephone number. For further information about the school please visit our website ICT Technician £13,875 - £15,825 (dependent on qualifications/experience) PLANTSBROOK SCHOOL, UPPER HOLLAND ROAD, SUTTON COLDFIELD, B72 1RB, TEL: 0121 362 7310. Full time (36.5hrs per week, whole year). To ensure the effective integration and maximum performance of ICT throughout the school. You will support and maintain the school network, give technical support for ICT equipment used in the school, maintain equipment and carry out simple repairs on hardware. Knowledge of software and applications used in Birmingham Schools, including CMIS would be an advantage, although training will be provided. You will need to have the appropriate technical ability, qualifications and flair! Closing date for applications: Friday 23 March 2007 For further details and application form visit our website http://www.plantbrk.bham.sch.uk, e-mail [email protected] or telephone Gina Wosket on 0121 362 7315. ICT Technician £13,875-£14,544 or £14,787-£15,825 (Salary dependent on qualifications and experience) HOLTE VISUAL AND PERFORMING ARTS COLLEGE, WHEELER STREET, LOZELLS, BIRMINGHAM, B19 2EP, TEL NO: 0121 523 7321. Full-time 36.5 hours per week including school holidays. Required as soon as possible a well-motivated ICT Technician to join the team based at this school to support the effective functioning of the school’s extensive systems and network. You need to be able to work reliably without supervision and have the ability to use your own initiative to solve problems as they arise. A qualification in a computer related discipline would be an added advantage. CMIS, Web Design and Macromedia Studio knowledge and/or experience would be desirable but not essential. Closing date: Friday 9th March 2007 Applicants are requested to contact the school for further details and application form or download information from the school website web.holte.bham.sch.uk CVs will not be accepted for any posts based in school.
-
25 now 26 next? Does the winner get a prize? Nope and No
-
No idea to be honest Set up as per instructions and it either can't find the page saying something like the browser can't find the page in question or states that NTLM authentication is not switched on. It was definately on as per instructions and I even added a few lines to apache to see if it was that but nope. I've reverted to using just LDAP for now so I can concentrate on other features.
-
How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were?
alan-d replied to amyr's topic in General Chat
70 - then I could wear what I liked, push in front of queues, and say what I liked without being politically correct cos noone would take any notice cos I'm just an old bloke -
As my birthday is at the end of this month I opted for the higher number. Now all you have to do is compare the posts with the poll to work out what it is
-
Nope not working after all that - AARRRRGGGGGGG!!!!!! Has anyone got it working in moodle?
-
Thanks - I already have that. I just found out what I was doing wrong :oops: I was looking to physically edit the index.php file instead of changing the settings from within moodles admin page :oops: Now to see if I can get it to work
-
Anyone set up moodle to use NTLM authentication? Not knowing Php too well I cant seem to find where I put the IP addresses and subnets in the index.php. The moodle docs are too vague for me - I need a step by step idiots guide I have LDAP working ok but this would make it easier for users within the school. or If anyone has NTLM authentication running on Apache2.2 on a win 2003 server I may be able to fix my CMS problem too (see http://www.edugeek.net/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=6889) Windows solutions only - *nix solutions are no good to me
-
Nope - Server had a clean install straight out the box (Dell 2900)
-
Tried different DCs - still nothing
-
Looked at *nix but time vs a lack of nix knowledge meant a Win Server was the better option. Ports are not blocked.
-
Member server - it's sole purpose is to run the Intranet and moodle
-
Pulling my hair out here - well I would if I had any I'm setting up an Intranet using e107 CMS. I installed everything OK on a test XP SP2 Box, set up the ldap authentication to work with Active Directory and everything worked fine. Repeated the exercise on the brand new server and everything works fine except the ldap authentication. It just refuses to work The whole lot is running on a Win 2003 SP1 box, with MySql, PhP, Apache2.2 - All latest versions The php.ini, e107_config, htconf files are identical (less server name where appropriate) I don't think its anything to do with AD or ldap as I have moodle running on the same box (different drive) using ldap authentication (Not tried NTLM authentication yet). Firewall is off Same domain etc. Anyone have any idea where I can look next? Oh and no error messages in any logs or event viewer - just to make it easy
-
The only people that have access to our server room/office are the people that work in there and me. The caretaker doesn't want to know the combination, but we arrange a time for it to be cleaned if required. The combination is in a sealed envelope locked in the Business Managers Fire Proof safe in the case of an emergency.
-
Got an invite by email yesterday - I can't get to this one though The lunches are nice though
-
To Ban Or Not To Ban this is the question
alan-d replied to NBC_Sys_C-ord's topic in School ICT Policies
'Common sense' isn't in a school dictionary either but it doesn't mean we can't insist on it -
8O The link gives me this :?
-
To Ban Or Not To Ban this is the question
alan-d replied to NBC_Sys_C-ord's topic in School ICT Policies
We run all aspects of the network but banning users can have an an effect on T&L, hence the reason we get higher authority to decide. We can report the facts etc but it's not up to us to decide the punishment for misuse. That's what teachers are paid for -
To Ban Or Not To Ban this is the question
alan-d replied to NBC_Sys_C-ord's topic in School ICT Policies
We don't ban anyone unless it is in writing and countersigned by a member of SMT, preferably the Head. -
You mean this now works outside of BGFL too? babo will confirm this - but I think the reason for using a web type link was because the French school does not have video conferencing as we have. I'm sure she will be in touch though On the same subject - has anyone ever tried using Netmeeting to connect to other schools, especially French schools?
