-
Posts
2,586 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by alan-d
-
'Please' because it usually means someone has cocked up and I have to fix it
-
I watched it and wondered if coming to work today to a school full of kids would be a good idea! I'll be watching it tonight though!
-
EduGeek is GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
alan-d replied to Dos_Box's topic in General EduGeek News/Announcements
Does that now mean we have to fear an exorcist? -
Aston Uni are advertising I believe.
-
Another Canon Fan here but I also have an Olympus 400 point and shoot which I still use occassionally A good all round beginners book is this one [ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Digital-Photography-Handbook-Doug-Harman/dp/1847244459/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1246875979&sr=1-3]The Digital Photography Handbook: Amazon.co.uk: Doug Harman, David Jones: Books[/ame] It covers everything from using a point and shoot to a DSLR all the way to editing and selling your pictures. From there you can decide on what further reading you may need.
-
EduGeek is GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
alan-d replied to Dos_Box's topic in General EduGeek News/Announcements
You could be right, I remember there was a thread on it. I'm sure Geoff will find it -
If repeats are good enough for the BBC then they are good enough for Edugeek
-
EduGeek is GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
alan-d replied to Dos_Box's topic in General EduGeek News/Announcements
I've been here too long I remember it before the 'patch cable' logo . -
Looks like a standard fix by your organisation to me!
-
There are some mods that claim to do it but I haven't seen one with good reviews. However Joomla 1.6 is supposed to have this feature installed which is due out around Oct this year I believe.
-
I hope you get a new camera with the building because that one you used is out of focus!
-
In reality the errors happen on both 3.0.0.0 and 3.0.0.7 so you would have had just as many problems.
-
Another Update It is definately PCE causing the problem. I emailed Forensics and got the following reply from Paul Fingers crossed it works
-
Sorry - Our maths dept haven't got around to using the VLE other than a Mathswatch revision program.
-
Just had an email from the Head saying "Forget it" Thanks to all those who contributed, both on and off the forums
-
Not yet - my remit was just to find out a little more on the subject. Here is an extract of my findings I sent to the SMT asking the question - it may be of use to others. I'm now just waiting to see if SMT want to progress any further.
-
Update. I removed PCE (again!) and the problem seems to have stopped. Why this didn't happen the first time I did it I don't know, but it may have been a combination of things which I've since removed and reinstalled. I now have put PCE back on so if the problem arises again I'll know it was the cause
-
Thanks, I've already spoken to Stone Computers and they are digging out some info for me. Syscap seems to be the most popular choice but the website is lacking any real detail, so I need to speak to them.
-
We are using PC 3.0.0.7 too but it was a problem on the previous version on my PC. Other info No other programs have to be running for IE to crash either
-
Everything works fine in FF, even the download issue you mentioned seems to work better in FF. There is nothing in the event logs and I've tried the removal of Security updates etc. It is the same model type of PC that seems to be affected but only a select few. (4 that we know of). Going to try a new image on them soon. I've done this once already but I'll try it again.
-
I don't think this is related to BGFL as it's a widely reported problem. Plenty of forums discuss it but no definitive cure
-
IE8 is an option but we also use Policy Central and from bits I've picked up the 2 don't like each other.
-
I've been asked to find out more info on the Notebook for Students scheme. All I've been given is that it is a leasing scheme for notebook computers for pupils. The cost was £13 per month over 3 years after which time the notebook was theirs to keep. All students were offered one and notebooks were provided by the school in cases of hardship based on Free school meals. Any pupil who simply opted out was left without one. Who runs the scheme? Has anyone here been running it and if so what are the pitfalls, if any? As I understand it, the notebooks are for home use only. If this is the case, can I presume the supplier takes on the responsibility of maintenance? Does the scheme also include the installation of software such as MS Office? Any info or contacts would be appreciated. Thanks
-
Thanks but I did that and shockwave. I've uninstalled and reinstalled just about everything
