-
Posts
2,586 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by alan-d
-
.... and they still don't like it up em you know!
-
Dads Army - The return
-
I've had this question in the past but after explaining that it would be a major change to Security Policies and a change to the AUP which would require SMT and governors approval they changed their mind. Making them jump through hoops usually works
-
3 years in the building trade, 22 years Army Service and just over 7 years here, all covering over 19 years involved with IT. Must be time for a change soon. As for my age? Bah use a calulator
-
Thanks - AirCon was a bit hopefull. Should really have said cooler. Something like this Kenstar Little Evaporative cooler
-
I'm looking for a portable AirCon unit that does not require a hose to the outside world. It's for a small office which has no windows or outside wall, except for some windows on the other side of a busy corridor. Any recommendations greatfully received
-
Software to display students' text messages on whiteboard?
alan-d replied to farquea's topic in Educational Software
I'm guessing that you are looking for a chat web page that has an RSS feed that can be displayed? My concern would be who is paying the kids for each message they send? Not all kids have unlimited texts! Can you give more detail on why this is being used? I'm intrigued -
[ms office - 2007] Disabling Spell Check via GPO
alan-d replied to jonathanhaddock's topic in Office Software
On the ones requiring spell and grammar check removal we just gave them Wordpad. We haven't come across any subjects that need more than that yet. -
What version are you running?
-
My sons gf has one and it does look very good. Seems a bit on the chunky side though. (The phone, not his gf )
-
It was posted here on another thread - it's basic but it has worked on the couple of occasions I have used it. ProxySetting-signed.apk - proxysetting - ProxySetting v1.0 (available on the Android Market) - Project Hosting on Google Code
-
Go Android - there is an app to allow the use of a proxy which seems to work reasonably well, but I hardly use it anyway. Android also gives a little more freedom in what you can do with it ie you are not tied to whatever Apple approve of. Stay free of Big Brother, go Android
-
Who's going to be the first to sit by a rail track and check the accuracy then? Come on - own up
-
Still waiting for some info.
-
I don't think so. It's all built in as far as I'm aware.
-
Version 3.1.0.4 is now live for B'ham schools. Apparently fixes the following
-
Look at the Siteground templates. They allow changes through the seasons, just adapt it to show yours instead.
-
Read the statement again 'You are within your rights to ask for a contact Postal address before replying.' You are assuming that because the request came in electronic format that you have to reply in the same format. You don't, you can give the information in any format that you see fit. If the requester insists on electronic format then he should be made aware of the additional costs etc.
-
I got the sennheisers too. The 450s (I think).
-
The same guy requesting info at opposite ends of the country? You are within your rights to ask for a contact Postal address before replying.
-
The iPod touch is probably the only Apple Product I like. I have the 64GB version and have had no problems at all. It just does what it does. I replaced the standard headphones though as the Apple ones are total rubbish.
-
Took the plunge to update yesterday now the internal exams are finished. PCE has still not updated the server but before I log a call can a Birmingham School confirm that the download URL in the Registry should still read; ......../bham/3102/ Or has it changed to 3103 or something else? Thanks
-
We still have the link in our VLE, it seems some students use it.
-
I managed to get the school to fund the Practitioners course last March and the Manager course in September. Took some doing but got it in the end. I think I may have used the word 'OFSTED' at some point
