-
Posts
2,586 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by alan-d
-
We may also have an old server - need to double check. Just pm me - As you have time on your hands, come and visit and wander around our junk yard Coffee and biscuits available at no cost Edit: We have a COMPAQ PROLIANT ML370 G3 server if you need it.
-
We have 2 projectors you can borrow for as long as you need them. Neither are too bright but they do work. They are an Infocus LP240 and an NEC VT440. We also have some old Rock Laptops if you are desperate - they are really slow and most don't hold a charge, charging adaptors come with them This time last year we could probably have kitted you out fully but we had a clear out in the summer.
-
We currently use Moodle as our VLE but I've been looking at alternatives that use Sharepoint. One option is Scholaris but a search on here brings up very little meaning that either noone is using it or it runs so well noone has a problem. Are there any Secondary schools here that use Scholaris? Do the teaching staff find it easy to use? Intergration with an MIS (Preferably SIMs) - does this work as expected, are there any gotchas? Parents - do they find it useful? Do they have any negative comments about it? What do the students think of it? What technical issues (if any) would we need to look out for? Thanks in advance.
-
Another vote for the Honda CRV here. I had a petrol one that had done 180,000 miles and was still going strong when I Px'd it for a new one. I took it over all sorts of terrain, sometimes with a caravan attached. The manual diesels are the best ones.
-
We had i7s a few months ago and last week we moved into our nice new shiney office with new furniture, carpet and fridge. Enjoy your weekend
-
I like the fact it has cup holders
-
I very rarely use PS (I only have CS2), I'm a bit 'old school' and like to try and get the shot I want direct from the camera. Occassionally I'll use cropping, resizing and autoleveling but not much more. I'm going to have a look at HDR at some point as it does have its uses when you get a conflict in the light. The Panda shot - I would probably moved to the left and lower down for that shot
-
I do live in Wolverhampton but to be honest I don't get out locally too much with the camera. I also have a site at Alan-D-Photos which I use to publish pics. Like you I haven't got my head around Flickr and all the functions yet.
-
I've added you as a contact, I'm no expert but I'll have a proper look when I get home. Maybe we can struggle through together . It seems we live in the same city
-
LOL - we dedicated them to our hard working Admin Staff
-
A hobnob for you for the Mail Server
-
Referee - Central directory server - Close enough - DC Crabtree - mac mini for managing apples - Nope Haystacks - antivirus - Nope Nakasaki - bomb site, maybe an MIS system - Nope Physio - Door access control server - Nope Engrave - print server - Have a hobnob Sentry - firewall - Close yet so far - Nope Clerk1 -fileserver - Have a hobnob Clerk2 -fileserver - - Have a hobnob Linesman UPS and network monitering - Nope Squirrel - webmail - Nope Hogan - manages private tunnel system under buildings (possibly VPN) - Nope One I missed was; Postman
-
A virtual pint of EduDaniels and Hobnobs to anyone that can work out what each of these do Referee Crabtree Haystacks Nakasaki Physio Engrave Sentry Clerk1 Clerk2 Linesman Squirrel Hogan
-
My problem was me being stupid and forgetting to give the new user permissions in the test folder I was using
-
I haven't no. Mine is a direct copy of the one I've been using for months.
-
Does the user get issued with a Temporary profile when logging in? (Message in notification bar) But otherwise everything looks normal? I just started getting this with a new user I'm testing.
-
Good luck for the future Russ and thanks for everything
-
We had the same problem with funding for training so in discussion with the HT last year it was agreed that I include the training requirements and costs within the IT Development plan. This keeps it seperate from the staff CPD budget. I'm still waiting to see what sort of budget I'll be getting but so far noone has asked me to revise it.
-
I think the general rule is that the appliance can be isolated from the power supply quickly and easily by either switching off at the socket, unplugging it or switching off at a fused spur. Gone are the days where you have a socket mounted to the ceiling to plug in a projector.
-
The company we use is Mazars, based in London but apparently that is no issue. The contact I was given was Stuart Law Tel 020 70634213.
-
FMS has the correct bells and whistles for Academy Schools with the Spring release, but I'm not sure about Payroll as we use an external company for that.
-
Watch the bottom left of the picture as some people on foot have a narrow escape. (About 57 secs in) BBC News - Japan earthquake: The path of the tsunami
-
I've just set ours up for testing and so far it seems to be working as it should. Create (or use existing) a folder where your profiles are currently. eg mandatory-profile Into that folder copy the existing mandatory profile eg staff.man and rename it to staff.man.v2 In the same folder place another copy of the staff.man profile. In AD point the user to server\profiles\mandatory-profile\staff.man This should allow users to log into both XP and Win 7 without problems.
-
or go to this page Download Office 2010 training - PowerPoint - Microsoft Office
- 1 reply
-
- 1
-
