Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

alan-d

Members
  • Posts

    2,586
  • Joined

Everything posted by alan-d

  1. I have a Bailey Ranger 460\4 which we had from new about 6 years ago and tow with a Honda CRV. Stopped at C&C Cardigan Bay site at Easter which was a very pleasant location. Going to the Tavistock Site in the summer which will be the first big trip with our new puppies. Just had to cancel a trip to Delemere Forest as they will be too young and not fully jabbed up .
  2. I knew you were going to post that. Read it twice already!
  3. No it don't try - 'E wok fried it he did'
  4. I think that has been done. I'm sure I've seen it on some gadget show or other.
  5. In this one, weak the force is!
  6. :spider::spider::spider:
  7. Nice One
  8. Anyone with nuts that big should seek medical help
  9. Talk about missing the point(s) of the post :-)
  10. The best part is that the student put the usb in one port and smelt burning so took it out and put it in another port before taking it out again and burning her finger
  11. I've had to publish a safety notice Re USB sticks. I thought I'd copy it here in case it was of use to someone. All Staff and Students should be aware of the dangers of using USB Sticks that have been stored without a protective cap or sleeve. Recently there have been 2 cases where USB sticks have been stored in pockets or pencil cases without a protective cap. This has led to pencil tips and other debris to become lodged in the USB stick un-noticed and when used in a PC or laptop has caused an electrical short. This has led to some burning and in one case a burnt finger. Please ensure that USB sticks are stored with the provided caps or sleeves. If the cap or sleeve is missing please check the device is not clogged with debris before inserting it into a PC or Laptop.
  12. Have a look at this - further reading is listed at the bottom. Edit:- Forgot to add http://www.hse.gov.uk/contact/faqs/roomspace.htm HSE-Work Space.pdf
  13. I don't want to cause panic but surely the architect was made aware that there would be 4 people working in that space? If not then was he told that there will be only 2 people by the time the space is occupied?
  14. With the expected noise levels and more worryingly the lack of desk space I would strongly urge you to invite the local H&S people to look over the plans and provide a report to the SMT. Would the SMT expect the school admin staff to work in a noisy environment and share a desk?
  15. Thanks, but what figure do you get (roughly) if you divide your annual bill by the number of devices? I'm just looking for a quick overview of cost so I can do a comparison with what I spend now.
  16. Does anyone have a 'ball park' figure on what they charge per device annually?
  17. Probably a silly question. With the HTC One is data such a photos and GPS tracker maps automatically uploaded to the 25GB Dropbox account or is it a manual upload only? Just thinking of Data usage and battery life.
  18. Have a look here several options that have worked for different people.
  19. Be firm but fair Treat each individual appropriate to their personality and ability Publicly protect your team - if issues crop up deal with them behind closed doors wherever possible If you make a mistake - admit it. Don't be afraid to ask for advice either from your team or anyone else. Don't micro-manage - Let the team do their stuff, check progress occasionally if required but don't sit on their shoulders! There are many more do's and don'ts most of which are common sense and you will find them out as you gain experience, if in doubt think back to a manager you worked for in the past and think 'how would they have handled this and did it work?'
  20. I think I have all that I need now. Thanks all
  21. No problem - I'm not in a rush. Thanks
  22. On the scrounge again! Can anyone send me a job description for a schools Data Manager post please? If not a full JD then a comprehensive list of the duties involved. I don't need pay scales or anything else. Many thanks
×
×
  • Create New...