-
Posts
2,586 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by alan-d
-
Maybe ask for a pay rise and replace your cloths with proper clothes
-
Have you tried to manually activate it? It should ask for the key when you select change key.
-
Nice one Have the Tow paths been restored too?
-
Things must be bad if a 2 year old makes his mind up to leave Wales BBC News - Toddler's solo bus trip from Montgomery to Shrewsbury
-
That explains it then! You go away and when it breaks it gets fixed properly and quickly without anyone noticing!
-
ICT Network Manager - Kings Norton Girls School Birmingham
alan-d replied to Trapper's topic in Educational IT Jobs
More than I'm prepared to say out loud. -
ICT Network Manager - Kings Norton Girls School Birmingham
alan-d replied to Trapper's topic in Educational IT Jobs
In that post the salary level will be the least of your problems -
No problems here - it's just you Chris
-
Article: we are now running vbulletin 4.1.4
alan-d replied to ZeroHour's topic in Legacy CMS Comments
Eerrmm I was merely following the comment made by DB and others. I suppose a grammar and spell checker would be more useful for some folk though -
Article: we are now running vbulletin 4.1.4
alan-d replied to ZeroHour's topic in Legacy CMS Comments
Well don't read it then - simples!! -
Article: we are now running vbulletin 4.1.4
alan-d replied to ZeroHour's topic in Legacy CMS Comments
Or realy tiny in red -
Guys, i need your collective brains....
alan-d replied to Little-Miss's topic in How do you do....it?
I'm sure that when they've settled down in their new home in India you'll be the first priority -
This is a link post Superb explanation of the new EU cookie law
alan-d replied to mattx's topic in General Chat
Excellent!!! -
************** Oh yea. You learn something new every day
-
I'll die and be reincarnated into an all device app that will haunt you wherever you go
-
I go for quality rather than quantity - at least that's my excuse
-
Edugeek was only 2 months old when I joined, I feel really old now Apparently I'm on the asset register!
-
It doesn't look like it - there is another thread on this issue here http://www.edugeek.net/forums/windows-7/76171-remove-network-icon-computer.html
-
Using the above guide was hit and miss for me. Editing the registry via gpo did not work. Editing the registry directly on the PC did work but only if the value was set to 1 instead of 0 as suggested. The adm worked perfectly though.
-
Nice article but you didn't mention the costs involved in providing a wireless infrastructure. (Assuming they want internet access) and the difficulties of connecting 16 - 32 laptops all at once. I know wireless is improving but there is still a cost for the better kit and I think the bandwidth sharing problem will be around for a long time yet, especially for the more cash strapped primaries out there.
-
WebAnyWhere Internet Connection - Any Good
alan-d replied to bewlay51's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
I'm just looking at possible options for the future but their offerings do look interesting and from what I can gather from an edu-search, prices look competetive. -
WebAnyWhere Internet Connection - Any Good
alan-d replied to bewlay51's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
I'd be interested in knowing the above too. -
Yea what GD said Have a good one
-
Being a smaller school of 1200ish users we usually find out who's leaving (usually by accident ) I send out a memo to staff on the lines of the following; It has worked for us so far.
-
Thanks - I havn't tried it since.
