Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

alan-d

Members
  • Posts

    2,586
  • Joined

Everything posted by alan-d

  1. Maybe ask for a pay rise and replace your cloths with proper clothes
  2. Have you tried to manually activate it? It should ask for the key when you select change key.
  3. Nice one Have the Tow paths been restored too?
  4. Things must be bad if a 2 year old makes his mind up to leave Wales BBC News - Toddler's solo bus trip from Montgomery to Shrewsbury
  5. That explains it then! You go away and when it breaks it gets fixed properly and quickly without anyone noticing!
  6. More than I'm prepared to say out loud.
  7. In that post the salary level will be the least of your problems
  8. No problems here - it's just you Chris
  9. Eerrmm I was merely following the comment made by DB and others. I suppose a grammar and spell checker would be more useful for some folk though
  10. Well don't read it then - simples!!
  11. I'm sure that when they've settled down in their new home in India you'll be the first priority
  12. ************** Oh yea. You learn something new every day
  13. I'll die and be reincarnated into an all device app that will haunt you wherever you go
  14. I go for quality rather than quantity - at least that's my excuse
  15. Edugeek was only 2 months old when I joined, I feel really old now Apparently I'm on the asset register!
  16. It doesn't look like it - there is another thread on this issue here http://www.edugeek.net/forums/windows-7/76171-remove-network-icon-computer.html
  17. Using the above guide was hit and miss for me. Editing the registry via gpo did not work. Editing the registry directly on the PC did work but only if the value was set to 1 instead of 0 as suggested. The adm worked perfectly though.
  18. Nice article but you didn't mention the costs involved in providing a wireless infrastructure. (Assuming they want internet access) and the difficulties of connecting 16 - 32 laptops all at once. I know wireless is improving but there is still a cost for the better kit and I think the bandwidth sharing problem will be around for a long time yet, especially for the more cash strapped primaries out there.
  19. I'm just looking at possible options for the future but their offerings do look interesting and from what I can gather from an edu-search, prices look competetive.
  20. I'd be interested in knowing the above too.
  21. Yea what GD said Have a good one
  22. Being a smaller school of 1200ish users we usually find out who's leaving (usually by accident ) I send out a memo to staff on the lines of the following; It has worked for us so far.
  23. Thanks - I havn't tried it since.
×
×
  • Create New...