Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Midget

Members
  • Posts

    1,313
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Midget

  1. Poser Do you clink down the corridor? Slacks, Shirt, Tie, Jacket (either leather or cotton/wool)
  2. Midget

    VNC and AD

    :silent: 8O *kisses Ben squarely on the lips* I think I love you, I'd completely forgotten about that. It works spanking well too. For those who don't know, if you stick THIS into a foo.bat you can use any prog you like. c:\WINDOWS\system32\mstsc.exe /console /v:%1 I'm happy. Monkey> you can ignore my request for the time being if you want as this work around will do the job.
  3. Midget

    VNC and AD

    ah ha got it (although it saves it under YOUR school name - you may want to change that) Have to say i'm impressed, my only complaint is with VNC, because it's crap compared to other remote control programs. Would it be possible to have a line in the config that lets you set the remote program of your choice by changing the call? ie if you are wanting to use RDP change it so that when you press connect it uses c:\WINDOWS\system32\mstsc.exe /console /v: instead of C:\Program Files\RealVNC\VNC4\vncviewer.exe You use any program you like by just changing the location, however if it requires any switches (eg /v: in RDP's case) then it doesn't work The WMI info is very useful for me tracking down the machine when it only shows the IP address instead of the DNS name. Although on some machines I get an accessdenied but I think that might be windows firewall. (I'll try that again when more people are online) Congratulations on getting it to where it is now, it's a very useful tool for business as well as schools.
  4. Midget

    VNC and AD

    Where does it save the domain/server info?
  5. Midget

    VNC and AD

    ah HA! So now when I try myplace.net it does as above, but when i just use "myplace" it works. I may have to check that my DNS isn't buggered up.
  6. Stewart> I hope you don't mind me jumping on the "I hate SK" bandwagon
  7. Midget

    VNC and AD

    I'm signed into the DC as admin and using the full domain name of "myplace.net". When I'm free I'll give it another try to see if I'm doing something stupid.
  8. Midget

    VNC and AD

    I get an Unknown Error (0x80005004) whenever I try to populate the list. I have manually entered the domain and ADserver info, and tried it on both the server and a domain machine. am I missing something?
  9. Superior Officer
  10. Which county are you in mark?
  11. I do all of that minus line management and I'm on £17.5k Samson> I think it might be a wales thing.
  12. Hmm I'll have a look at this when I upgrade to SP2. At least I can keep my old RIS images until i create new ones.
  13. What if you can make a 1:1 without affecting the DRM?
  14. I think that was on Star Trek
  15. You haven't even started yet!? It should be done now, you are here to serve US, not just do what you feel like! I want it done ASAP! .....sorry about that, I went a bit native then
  16. I've phoned an agency to ask what the salary of a job is in the past and they refused to tell me unless I applied.
  17. How would the schools ever get anyone applying if you could see the salary?
  18. SK> take your pick http://www.specialagent.co.uk/sa/jobs.aspx
  19. HP printers are always good, but avoid the very lowend usb ones, get one with a built in printserver if they do them
  20. What's legal in this country and what's legal in america are 2 different things. also what the MPAA say is illegal and what is ACTUALLY illegal are another 2 completely different things.
  21. ahhh thats ok then, as you were. /me goes off to ask for a new server
  22. My understanding is from 1:1 copies, ripping the DVD to DivX goes into the grey realm because you can easily make more copies (for instance when doing a server backup) Just make 1:1 copies (ie make an exact copy onto a blank DVD)
  23. You are legally allowed to make ONE Backup copy of the DVD. So make one copy and store the original somewhere safe (away from the teachers as they'll just think they can use both at once)
  24. I get an error on Set DateTime = CreateObject("WbemScripting.SWbemDateTime") ActiveX component can't create object when using Windows 2000Server
  25. It will be holding CCTV, Network and 2 Servers, but then I will use cable management units between the switches and patch panels, so 600mm should be a safe enough size.
×
×
  • Create New...