Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Midget

Members
  • Posts

    1,313
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Midget

  1. I bet this council are happy that all the IT people have "Technician" on their job specs then
  2. Midget

    Apache on windows

    I use AppServ for my basic AMP setup on my machines.
  3. I've been told I have no chance of a payrise as I don't have line-management responsibility, and I never will. So it doesnt matter about my Cisco certification or Honors Degree.
  4. have you considered using Thunderbird or Outlook 2003? *runs* BIG whoops, but you wont be easily able to find them as new files with the same name are now in the same place, but there should be some residuals somewhere. Best bet? Lie through teeth and blame the shite system, if the profile was corrupt, then so was Outlook's datafiles, nothing you could do. In future he should consider using a less shite system.
  5. *walks off to the staff room*
  6. you really have a s**te setup overall there don't you? You have my sympathies
  7. flash git
  8. i hope thats not by yourself, i thought 380 machines on my own was bad enough
  9. Install new teachers
  10. Have you considered doing what we've done and gone completely independant from the county for the curriculum side? As they sound like a shambles and a half and I would probably walk out of that place after a few weeks if I had no control.
  11. Why do you have their passwords? I just change them on the server if they forget them
  12. ...and if you rip a hole in the roof?
  13. ...... they were going to release a Tesco Value Office a little while back i'm sure I saw it in the news edit: here it is
  14. 26. Why does the first sentence that everyone utters to me on the phone these days start with "I know your busy.. but" because they are insinuating that you aren't actually busy.
  15. 8. Why do Kamikaze pilots wear helmets? To stop them from bumping their head, getting knocked out and missing their target or hitting another plane
  16. no no just the first time you do the machine, next time you want to image it you can just use your image alone
  17. once the machine has had a base winxp image put on thats it it'll be fine from then there onwards. stupid i know
  18. Midget

    disable dial up

    Only way i can currently think of would be to edit the msgina.dll and just delete the box. is there an orangina.dll? Why do you want to disable this option? are they being thick and not understanding why things aren't working or are they connecting to a phone like for some strange unfathomable reason?
  19. I have a 300MHz P2 Dell with 64mb of RAM running a very cut down version of XP. Runs faster than my 1GHz Mini-ITX based laptop and its brilliant for programming switches as the COM port just works, unlike a lot of newer ones which either dont have them or refuse for work correctly.
  20. Midget

    NComputing PCs

    Cheeky mares, they're rebranded Targa OfficeStations http://www.targahk.com/OfficeStation/index.asp Is this basically just a small Terminal Service/thinclient machine?
  21. yes. and then you tell them that it is a security thing and they should not be using the school computers for private affaires
  22. /me throws chestnuts at bossman.
  23. Midget

    NComputing PCs

    HA! I was just about to ask about these. Did you get the flyer from Getech too? Any idea of cost? Dos_box> except then you require X number of full fat clients anyway, these in theory would reduce deskspace, noise and power consumption. However I'd be interested to see more details on it as I've never seen it offered as part of SuSE. What do they call it?
  24. ................. you joined 1month after the last post in this thread and then it took you 16months to think up a reply in your first post? That's just confusing.
  25. Block all 443 and then whitelist as required?
×
×
  • Create New...