Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

GK1999

Members
  • Posts

    29
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GK1999

  1. UniFi Protect - over 30 cameras here and a tonne of door access. Hasn't missed a beat.
  2. Don't suppose you're running an AMD CPU (Radeon Graphics) or an AMD GPU in these machines, are you?
  3. Has your school considered leasing the iPads instead?
  4. If anyone is using AMD CPUs - A recent W11 update has bricked drivers.
  5. GK1999

    10Gb SFP

    https://uk.store.ui.com/uk/en/category/accessories-modules-fiber/collections/accessories-pro-direct-attach-cables/products/uacc-sfp-wizard?variant=uacc-sfp-wizard this thing absolutely slaps btw
  6. Removing Ads is also stealing revenue from the creator imho.
  7. Our school already has 22 of these Vape Sensors on pre-order - exiciting!
  8. Sorry to hijack this post. I've got the above set in my environment, but I still get the dialog box as the OP.
  9. I'm running a mixture of 22' and 25' never had an issue with either. If anything, I've run into more problems on 22' than 25'. If you're still running local AD and you're promoting a DC on server 25', you need to extend the schema in your domain for it to work. I stuck with 22' for my DCs as moving to Intune
  10. We had this at our school. When our PCs were domain joined, I shrunk the C:\ down and pointed LR to the small drive created. Now we are on Intune, we don't have this issue.
  11. Smoothwall, in general, is in the gutter. I've had about 3 account managers. I paid for engineer's time back in September 2025, still yet have the session with them. They only responded as I kicked off via an email, even then their response was incredibly flippant. It's a shame, because I have just signed up for a 3 year deal. If it was up to me I would cancel the contract and go with another company who seems to care. G
  12. Get rid of WSUS and use WUfB. WSUS is now deprecated. Best move I ever did was to bin WSUS off in favour for WUfB
  13. Windows Update for Business Windows Update for Business (WUfB) is a free Microsoft cloud-based service that allows IT administrators to manage and automate updates (security, quality, drivers, and features) for Windows 10/11 devices, reducing the need for on-premises infrastructure like WSUS. It uses update rings for controlled, phased deployment.
  14. Are you domain-joined? If so WUfB Intune? Autopatch
  15. Our budget dictated that we needed to drop Jamf School. We have A LOT of iPads. Intune for iOS is so good. MacOS, it's a little rough - Jamf is better for MacOS. Until you've tried iOS on Intune, don't knock it It probably helps that we have 1:1 iPads, if they were shared, I could see why Jamf is better.
  16. I've recently moved from Jamf School to Intune and I can tell you I wouldn't move back to Jamf whatsoever. Feel free to DM me if you need some help
  17. We've just replaced our aging Extreme (even some AeroHive 🐵 APs with the U7s. Works a treat. I do find the signal on the U7s to be weaker than previous APs, but we have an AP per classroom with the radios turned right down, so it could be our setup. We have 86 APs in total
  18. Couldn't have said it better myself. In our school our teachers are trained for sure, in what I have no clue...
  19. Non-technical people making technical decisions... sigh
  20. Has anyone here managed to get Apple Classroom working while the iPads are fully managed in Microsoft Intune? We’re currently managing our fleet through Intune (using ASM for enrolment), and while everything else is working fine, I’m struggling to find clear guidance on how to properly configure Classroom. We are syncing our MIS to ASM using EduSync, so all of our classes, teachers and students are populated Thanks in advance
  21. Did you ever find out how to do this via Intune?
×
×
  • Create New...