-
Posts
643 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by eejit
-
I'm in the exact same process, but we DO need the software not just the codec Anyone get any further with this? Thanks guys.
-
DPM is great when it works, but does need a lot of hand holding. 2010 is much better than 2007 but still not 100%. Lets hope with DPM 2012 that they really nail it. Anyway, we find that RAM/CPU of both the source and destination servers matter hugely. How often are you doing backups and are you synchronizing often? I'd check your CPU and RAM usage while the backup job is running. The RAM can creep up during the job and eventually causes the backup to fall over. We have to double the RAM in our file server and had no more problems since.
-
Would be crazy to buy one now though. Like buying a white iPhone just a few months before the iPhone 5. IMO
-
Not sure I could ever go back to those dark days. If Apple demanded a stool sample from me once a week I'd probably consider it
-
Cool - used to look for i386 ones years ago
-
Thanks elsiegee40 but is this an almost an impossible task as they seem to be constantly "tweaking" their security settings and practices?
-
[pics] Newborn Hedgehogs [Happened across this picture this morning]
eejit replied to 6Foot2's topic in Jokes/Interweb Things
Born with spikes? Hedgehog "Mother's Day" is something that you don't want to forget -
That is pretty cool.
-
The iPad doesn't replace a laptop/PC. It is a wonder device that supplements those, but probably not at the expense of the school
-
Great information Butuz - do you mind me asking how you got that data & chart?
-
btw, don't just go Server 2008 R2 without upgrading the SQL to 64bit as I've seen reports that running 32bit SQL on 64bit OS performs worse than running 32bit SQL on 32bit OS.
-
Looks a pretty good server for SIMS, but yeah upgrading to 64bit OS and full SQL 64bit would be my initial thoughts. I'm interested by your thinking for SSDs for the server though. I've not seen them in any server yet and would be interested in hearing some real life experiences. Any time I look for performance information regarding SSDs there is always a massive debate about how much gain you actually get. I end up thinking that the percentage performance increase is not worth the funds as it may look good on a graph but would the difference be enough for end users to notice?
-
Pity ninite removed the silent installer switch from the free version. Would consider the pro one but it is waaaaaaaaaaay too expensive. Thanks for your links LeMarchand
-
Yeah, you're right, none of the online photos are a good likeness. Still, I'd recognise her pointy chin anywhere
-
Her name is Sophie Long and she's often on BBC News.
-
Fairly sure she is from the BBC. Will try to find her.
-
That problem is normally a power supply issue but as you say, you've have changed the PSU. Was the new PSU beefy enough do you think?
-
Most addons do not work with Office 2010 64bit unfortunately. Had to alter my MDT image when it became apparent that even Microsoft say you should only install the 64 bit version in rare occasions for certain people who work with humongous Excel files for instance.
-
[ipad] Disadvantages to buying a used iPad?
eejit replied to AngryTechnician's topic in Mobile Devices & Tablets
Thanks for the Apple Refurb store tip - didn't know about that. Those are very pricey stil, would you expect the price to drop significantly there once the iPad2 is properly out? -
SCVMM 2008 R2 seems to work fine with it. Is there something in particular that you'd like me to check?
-
Bloody hell yes. Dynamic RAM As a joke/test I've seen how far I could push it. How many 2008 R2 servers do you think that you could get running on a five year old desktop motherboard with 8GB RAM? Before SP1 perhaps 8 or 9 if you pushed it. Now - 47 These are just "running" of course - they would be absolutely useless, but still. This is Full Server 2008 R2 Standard btw - not the core OS. Good times...
-
Bad luck Rob. Installed the SP1 RTM four times so far without problems.
-
What a good idea - hadn't thought of that before. Your link does seem a little pricey, so I'd be interested to hear about experiences too and/or alternatives too.
