Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

JamesFish2020

Members
  • Posts

    17
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by JamesFish2020

  1. If you mean running as Administrator then yes. MIS Sync installed on SIMS server, with the MIS login of the user that deals with MIS Sync, she normally runs this manually. The Task Scheduler is set to run as <Domain>\Administrator When the task is run it says in the logs: All the logins are set correctly according to the ParentPay Guide KB0016380
  2. Hi Did you ever resolve this? Running into the same issue here and getting no help at all from parentPay?
  3. Hi, Here seems to be a good start: Education Support | Microsoft Education
  4. Have just seen this thread and were having the same issue. Have any of you by chance recently installed the RM Office365 package? If so, this currently seems to be the cause as for us it started when we installed the package.
  5. Was just thinking along those lines. As they have gone quiet on this I may not do this as quite frankly have more than enough work to do. Good suggestion though, might test that in the department and see what the results are.
  6. This is what we did. Yes they are a little "slow" but for Online work Office365/Teams, they are useable.
  7. Yeah, we did this last year as well and had the same question. Unfortunately, I have not yet found a way to do this and "thankfully" Covid has kept them to "busy" to raise the issue again. I'm sure that they will once the current situation has stabilized.
  8. You are quite right it's more lack of time than knowledge. Note, this has not definitely been requested as yet but I have been asked, so have started the ball rolling. Just in case! But in truth this has been part of my plan for a while now, so am gathering resources etc. to at least begin the process.
  9. I use 1Password as well on all my machines and mobile devices. Just find it "easier" in my mind. For AV I use ESET internet Security as I got a good deal as I was using it on my home machine.
  10. @djm968 I'm based just outside London in Bexley.
  11. Thanks Andy, For me I would want to do all of that but as there are just two of us, used to be five, it's more of time poor than anything. I have been teaching myself the intricacies of Group Policies and have got to the stage of more or less being "comfortable" that I know what to do. That said, I would rather not learn the hard way and with just the two of us and a potentially busy school (ha!) I think it would be better if we brought in the expertise. Besides, the Business Manager has assured me that there is money available for the project so I would like to take advantage of it to at least upgrade the hardware, which hasn't seen any real investment since a new SAN 2016. But your points are perfectly valid and as we have at least a year to plan this I might well be "tapping you" and others for advice . Regards
  12. Hi @Andy2789 Are your servers physical or virtual? Our infrastructure is virtual (VMware) and because of it's age will have to be replaced. We are a RM school and I have been tasked with at least "looking" at a vanilla setup with another company. Would love to do it myself but simply lack the expertise. Are there any companies that you can recommend I approach? I have been reading this forum for a while now and find the tips useful. Thanks James
  13. Hi All, Working in a Academy just became Network Manager, have been there for 15 years in one role or another. Learning an awful lot under lockdown ! Hope to be of some use, who knows Alvis
  14. Hi All, Working in a Academy just became Network Manager, have been there for 15 years in one role or another. Learning an awful lot under lockdown ! Hope to be of some use, who knows Alvis
  15. Hi Chris, I know this is an old post but we are looking into the prospect of having to filter student home laptops (school supplied) to ensure they are compliant with online safety requirements. At the moment just for laptops, these are supplied under the DfE program, but potentially more due to lockdown and online learning. Would like to know more about your product and how easy it is to deploy/manage. Kind regards, Alvis
×
×
  • Create New...