hillskill
Members-
Posts
160 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by hillskill
-
Thanks for the info- guess thats the end of that then!!
-
Hi All, Does anyone know if 4oD player works with EMBC? Have a teacher who wants to play some stuff but wont work. Not a machine issue as tried on several clients and get the same problem. It dosnt appear to be blocked by EMBC as no message as such comes up. The player just states that it was unable to play the content. BBC I player works fine. Thanks for any help!
-
above average NM pay...
-
it wasn't 2 years exp + HND it was 2 years OR HND which I think is fair enough
-
Hi All, Just wanted to pick everyone's brains regarding this. We want to deply adobe CS3 to our cC3 network via the RM Management console. We have not purchased the RM Curriculum Choice package but the version we have does have an MSI package on the disc. Before I get started with deploying this I just wanted to hear from anyone else who has done the same and/or knows whether its possible to do or any problems I might face. When installing manually we use setup.exe on the disc however there is an MSI package called WinBootstrapper.msi which I assume would be used to deploy it on the network. We are running CC3 with Windows Server 2003. Thanks for any help!
-
How much would it cost to hire in 2 techs for 2 1/2 weeks
hillskill replied to Kitkatninja's topic in General Chat
£10- £12 per hour for techy work over summer is very good! I have just taken on a volunteer who is willing to help for free! -
ICT Service Delivery Manager - Birmingham
hillskill replied to skawarrior's topic in Educational IT Jobs
dosnt say temp contract tho! -
ICT Service Delivery Manager - Birmingham
hillskill replied to skawarrior's topic in Educational IT Jobs
do u think they intend to keep this position after they get a managed service and become an acadamy? -
brilliant help desk program
hillskill replied to featured_spectre's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
may have to look at GLPI then as the license the Manage Engine needs to be renewed soon! -
brilliant help desk program
hillskill replied to featured_spectre's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
we use ManageEngine from AdventNet. Its quite expensive but has a lot of feature. One great thing is that you can build up your own personal knowledge base of solutions. -
love CMIS- such a better solution than Sims! Would love to move to it but our school does not have the money!
-
I have found that a lot of it depends on how ICT savy and interested the head and SMT are. Many schools who really value there ICT staff are willing to pay more to attract the right candidate where as some will offer the same money as what the cleaners are on!!
-
Looks like a nice role but pay is a little under what i would expect. IT Project Manager with Dataspire Solutions Ltd | Manchester Jobs Search - The Jobs Mine, there's a better choice Email: [email protected]
-
fair play mate! I would love to work for myself eventually!
-
Ict Network, Systems and New Technologies Manager
hillskill replied to IanT's topic in Educational IT Jobs
I see! I know a school where a company called Dataspire took on the managed service of the network. The previous ICT support staff were reduced to changing mouse balls, toner and studnet passwords. They wern't even allowed admin rights to the server which was all done remotly. I wonder how well a system like this works and how happy anyone would be in that situation. would love to hear from anyone who has been TUPE! -
Ict Network, Systems and New Technologies Manager
hillskill replied to IanT's topic in Educational IT Jobs
Does BSF alwyas mean schools will make techys/network managers redundent and outsource their ICT support? -
I think thats great too!! that many kids! wow how many staff do you have and how come you leaving on that salery?
-
very good salery tho I guess thats cos theres 2000 users!
-
not too bad then...
- 29 replies
-
whats the sacle 6 wages equate to? If its the same as Northamptonshire seems quite low....
- 29 replies
-
Hi Guys, We're finally starting to make some headway at my school with the LP+ VLE with some material uploaded and the sites setup. We are now ready to give our year 11's their usernames and passwords to start using the system. The problem giving the usernames out. I want to create a mailmaerge using Sims that will conatin student name, form, their new VLE username, password and email address. The spreadsheet LP+ provides is in the following format: AccountName Forename Surname Password Email Does anyone know anyway I can automate the creation of letters rather than copying and pasting the details into over 1000 letters to studentS? Any help/advice will be greatly appreciated!!! :-)
-
Assistant Network Manager, Trainee IT Tech
hillskill replied to witch's topic in Educational IT Jobs
Also a trainee job going there!
