Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

sidewinder

Members
  • Posts

    3,170
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by sidewinder

  1. Dont usually come in at all at Xmas, but in next Mon/Tues to do some minor bits, anything major can wait though
  2. Yeah same. It does depend how much you've drunk surely. If you were over the limit (not hugely but after a few beers) at 11pm, I highly doubt you're going to be over the limit for 24 hours after that. Though I agree that getting wasted the night before then driving the next day is stupid, and you would probably be over the limit
  3. Mine got to 397 then I switched it off as it was no longer needed. Was chuffed to get it over a year. Yours is getting on for 3!!
  4. Or just take the common sense approach and dont do any of that. If you're not doing it in works time, why would you ever bother with declaring it? If you do something for a mate and they give you a tenner for helping them out, do you declare that?
  5. Sounds pretty reasonable. Only you know how long its going to take - some laptops can take 5 minutes, others an hour to do that job
  6. I do it the other way round, "Do I need to drink?". The answer is invariably yes, so I dont drive
  7. Nope, read the link. All you need is a Pc running Vista or 2008, or presumably Windows 7. Having said that, I dont think I'd rush to use that hack unless I was desperate! Even when we were able to use GPO for wireless, I didnt find it to that great. The profiles had a habit of dissapearing from time to time. Better to just set it up manually after imaging a laptop
  8. Just went out and its snowing here. Only just, but it still counts
  9. Would highly recommend Smarter Interactive, based near Reading Smarter Interactive - Home
  10. Not even thinking about this seriously till the new year but this does look the best way so far, so much better than creating new accounts Could you share the .reg file?
  11. Just done a incremental image as a test and it does indeed restore fine with all permissions. Looks like the best way! Thanks for all your help. Shame there isnt a more simple way of doing it!
  12. asr doesnt sound like a bad idea actually. Theoretically could I use something like CCC to create an image of that drive and then restore it to the new one?
  13. Same way as I tried to on 10.6! Just bound all clients to the AD domain. I do use an xserve, so they are bound to that too, but only really for managed prefs (and storage)
  14. Fair enough, Im sure I tried that to no avail, but glad it worked for you!
  15. Wanted to get my sister a mobile PAYG broadband dongle for Christmas. Was originally going to get the 3 one, since we're all already on 3, but they have a 30 day expiry on top-ups (she is always broke, there is no way she'll be able to top it up once a month) Vodafone dont, but a 1GB topup for them is £15, that seems really expensive. I suppose I'm just paying for the no expiry? The advantage with Vodafone is that living in Newbury, signal should be superb Is there any others that dont have expiry dates?
  16. You didnt try local schools then?
  17. Of course it is. Thats the thing, it doesnt matter to anyone, including Simon Cowell, who wins because its a guaranteed #1 for very little effort. Whoever wins releases the same bloody song anyway. Its not his career, its one, very blatent money grabbing single. If he wants to go and produce a decent album next year, good luck to him, people just get annoyed with the generic single that gets released. As for it being his only chance, does that not point to him not being good enough? Loads of bands and artists do it themselves and get themselves deals, a lot more hard work required than going on a tv talent show. If he was that great would he not have been picked up by a label already? Perhaps thats why the number of winners of the show that have any longevity is so few
  18. Oh boo-hoo. Sorry but why has he got a divine right to a number 1 with a shoddy hastily written single, presumably with the usual cheesy video? If the music that came out of that show wasnt so turgid and bland people wouldnt get so annoyed about it. It doesnt matter who it is, even to Simon Cowell, its just a cash cow every single bloody year, with the show timed perfectly to finish in time for a Christmas #1 because morons buy whatever comes out of it Im not going to buy the RATM single, Im not that bothered, but it is good to see there are some people left who arnt sucked into the constant (it literally is year round now) talent show hype
  19. pics or STFU
  20. You have exactly the same problem as I (and others) have had trying to bind with Snow Leopard. Everyone (including Apple) just said 'its a problem with your DNS' yet every test I ran came back fine. Had to go back to 10.5 in the end and it all works flawlessly.
  21. Ok I've mounted the 'old' homes share on the new server with NFS and it comes back with 'access control lists are not supported or currently disabled on homes' Running it on the server its being shared from, on the local hard disk, it says they are supported ls- ale just shows me the owner (admin) and staff. I'd been checking the ACL through server admin>file sharing
  22. I ran it on the local terminal on each server. Indeed running it on a remote volume brung up an error that support is unknown
  23. On both servers, running that says ACL's are supported on both
  24. Whichever it is, the difference isnt going to be any more than a few minutes
  25. lol I let my mum be my friend, though I have blocked her from seeing friends pictures of me since they tend to be the more dodgy ones Problem is, half my friends have added her now too!
×
×
  • Create New...