-
Posts
557 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Protec
-
-
So much of a fan I didn't know it was her off rip off Britain
-
This has randomly started happening today. It doesn't seem to be the firewall or any Chrome extensions. It looks like when the CSS doesn't load. Any other ideas?
-
Will never beat the original!
-
I've heard about ways to cheat in those sort of exams; sticking notes around the screen and / or clear plastic with notes on the screen.
-
4 walls and a roof is nice. Don't some people have "open plan" offices?
-
A flat fan heater under the desk and a desk fan for the summer
-
I have an old Microsoft Intellimouse in my spaghetti junction drawer. It's one of the old white ones. I have used "gaming" peripherals in the past but have been utterly disappointed with them. Back in 2015 I treated myself to a (rather expensive) Corsair Sabre RGB mouse and after around 1 year the sensor failed and it started to get inaccurate and make the pointer randomly jump around - particularly annoying when it would fling the pointer into the corner and cause me to press the cross! It was a very comfortable mouse and looked good so I bought another one thinking it was just a one off. The second one did the same after around a year too. I now refuse to buy gaming peripherals and have found the cheap office grade stuff is better. In fact my Logitech M100 has been going strong since Christmas 2019 and I'm sure it will for many years. I remember a few years ago, Tesco Direct closed and there was this trolley thing full of computer related things. There was Corsair K63s for £20 and a Logitech G213 for £15! That must have been some sort of mistake! I got all 3 and sold a K63 on eBay for £70. I used the other K63 for myself but wasn't keen on the height or layout of the keyboard so stopped using that. My current Keyboard is a Microsoft Keyboard 600 and it's much better in my opinion and great for touch typing too.
-
At least 2 x 1080p monitors 24" size. A decent keyboard (nothing fancy, just functional) - Microsoft Keyboard 600. As for mouse, something basic like a Logitech M100. As for speakers, Logitech Z625s are good however not a must. Most speakers will be fine for system sounds and listening to music. I do miss thumb buttons on my mouse but I can live without them. A mouse pad is a must.
-
My current main PC is getting on a bit now. It's a Dell Optiplex 7010 from 2013! Specs: CPU: i3 - 3240 RAM: 16GB DDR3 HDD: 2 x 500GB SSD: 120GB GPU: Asus GTX 750 Ti (connected to 2 x 1080p monitors) PSU: Corsair VS350 It's served me well over the years, but I think it's time for an upgrade. I mainly use it for streaming video, storing files, office software, occasional video editing and running VMs. The current specs are about good enough for my use however, it's starting to get a bit unreliable hence my need for a new PC. I'm on the fence between building it from scratch or buying a newer OEM PC and upgrading it. Any have any recommendations on specifications too?
-
-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ydHKuOTyKM&ab_channel=RussellPlatten
-
The industrial estate back street a few minutes walk from my house seems to be a romantic road.
- 1 reply
-
- 1
-
-
- interactive
- map
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Starting your own IT support business in 2021
Protec replied to robinhood007's topic in General Chat
Personally, I'd rather have the job security of working in education, Council, NHS, etc. -
I can't imagine the results being very credible if I'm honest.
-
I've seen classrooms with 2 projectors and they just duplicate.
-
Looks about £3k worth of projector! It would make a Casio projector seem cheap.
-
The extension store is blocked and extensions can't be turned off either.
-
2021 -- what anti virus are you using at home?? - and password manager
Protec replied to mikeprice's topic in Windows 10
I don't use a proper antivirus other than Windows Defender. As for a password manger, I just use the password manger built into Google Chrome. I used to use Avast in 2014 but I haven't had a proper antivirus since 2015. I only download software I trust and downloading virus filled software is usually where viruses come from. -
Not seen this issue myself. Maybe set it so that only the users with privileges can start a meeting and then the students will see the meeting is on and then press join and they should be able to join straight away.
-
This is what I have experienced: The people who join the breakout room have the same permissions as they did in the original room. For example, if they try to screen share, it will still say "only meeting organisers and presenters can share". The presenter can change the setting to make everyone have privileges as by default they are attendees so can't do anything. Maybe try "give control" or have someone give them privileges when they join?
-
I don't think everyone is automatically made presenter when they join a breakout room.
