Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Protec

Members
  • Posts

    557
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Protec

  1. Yeah I do. However, it randomly fixed itself and the text is appearing at the correct rate. However, the messenger says "no internet connection" and doesn't work so not sure what's causing that...
  2. Hope that gets somewhere since Facebook is unusable on desktop currently. Messenger says "No internet connection" too. I also can't do my speedy-touch-typing on my phone
  3. Yeah, I can type quite fast and it was taking over 30 seconds for the text to finally appear. The only way I have found that "fixes" this is to go to inspect element and change the device to mobile so it runs the mobile version. Really hope they fix this as the site is near unusable when it's this slow. Not sure what's causing this either.
  4. Today, Facebook has been very slow for me. When I'm typing in messenger or comments, the text is very slow to appear. It's fine on my phone and it is only affecting Facebook on desktop. I have tried Facebook on Incognito and it's still the same and no other websites are affected by this lag. Any ideas?
  5. Sounds similar to DUO security MFA which sends the users own phone an approval before allowing you to log into Windows 10 on the work computer.
  6. I have seen usernames with apostrophes glitch Microsoft forms as it can't seem to display them properly and it results in random characters where the apostrophe should be.
  7. Just curious, what do you use for the naming convention for usernames of users?
  8. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-58350075
  9. Most of the primary schools here had a standard Hitachi projector for the huge hall screen. They worked quite well. The projector in one was nearly flush to the ceiling so had quite a bit of keystone correction!
  10. I do wonder if there is some sort of earthing issue. When I plug in the VGA cable, there is always a small spark produced - it sometimes causes the GPUs fans to ramp up to full speed until the PC is restarted for some reason?. I have had small shocks off the 3.5mm audio cable too. It's a strange thing to happen since everything is supposedly grounded or double insulated. However, the sparking issue doesn't seem related to the interference and as you say, I'm not sure why that would change with load. It's also worth mentioning that the GPU seems to suffer from coil while. When "moving" in game the pitch of the coil whine changes. I'm pretty sure its coming from the GPU and not the PSU.
  11. Thanks! The 750Ti is the Asus version with the 6 pin power input. The PSU I'm using is a Corsair VS350 which is about 4/5 years old I think. I will have to try another VGA cable. I think it was from an XP machine and is VGA with the audio cables integrated but they are chopped off.
  12. I noticed that when my GTX 750 Ti is under load, the second monitor gets interference. Anyone know what could be causing this? My best guess is failing caps. Note, second monitor is connected using VGA, main monitor is connected via HDMI.
  13. I blame my late night forum browsing
  14. I think we would benefit from reusable glass milk bottles and a milk man who delivers milk to your door... oh wait...
  15. Yeah, the weather was on about thunderstorms and hail mainly in the south east. We normally get a good thunderstorm after lots of hot weather like we have had for a while.
  16. It's about 29.2c upstairs in the house. The garden shed is about 35c! It's not the just the heat, it's the amount of time it's going on for. This isn't the worst heatwave I've experienced though, in July 2018 the grass went brown.
  17. Just curious, does anyone remember this old piece of software? VanBasco Karaoke Player. It's a MIDI based media player with loads of features. And yes, that is present tense - you can still download it. Some schools still use it. Pictures of VanBasco Karaoke Player
  18. I agree. Some people struggle with change. If things change, users often worry they will "break" something or can't find what they are looking for entirely... and then it all falls on our shoulders!
  19. It's almost like Windows 10 but with a skin... I'm sure MS said they were going to just keep updating Windows 10 and not going to release a new OS? Oh well. As for Windows 11, I won't be changing to it anytime soon. I wonder when schools, etc will start implementing Windows 11 if ever. It might be like Windows 8 / 8.1 where most places just missed that out entirely!
×
×
  • Create New...