-
Posts
557 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Protec
-
I sometimes have an issue where it says server execution failed then plays the media anyway. I have changed the default to VLC for some media types.
-
Things that could have been improved before being approved...
Protec replied to 6Foot2's topic in Jokes/Interweb Things
-
Things that could have been improved before being approved...
Protec replied to 6Foot2's topic in Jokes/Interweb Things
-
Things that could have been improved before being approved...
Protec replied to 6Foot2's topic in Jokes/Interweb Things
oh, the irony! -
I noticed that when my computer is locked the hard drive/s are at 100% utilisation and the hard drive activity LED is on all the time. I would expect this if the drive was the C drive but this is a hard drive with just documents / media on. Anyone know what Windows is doing while on the lock screen to explain 100% utilisation.
-
-
Server 2012 installation proble at Optiplex 3070 pc
Protec replied to Mehammed's topic in Windows Server 2012
@Mehammed I had this happen to me on a Dell machine. Here is what I wrote on this Forum at the time: Hope this helps. -
Win a Western Digital 1TB MyPassport portable drive
Protec replied to VeryPC's topic in Our Advertisers
Me Please! -
Yep, it's a terrible design choice, what's next, an MSN news ticker board directly on the task bar? Far enough MS put crap like this in the Home version but most of us will be using the Pro / Enterprise version and most of those machines are for working on purely. As @smurfomatic says, things like this should be disabled automatically. I feel like MS are sometimes trying to reinvent the wheel with their operating systems. If Windows XP / 7 were still supported and updated (for security), it would work fine and a hell of a lot faster without all the bloatware and pointless crap that Windows 10 has. I miss this I still think Windows 7 is one of the best looking Operating Systems.
-
Another pointless update. When clicked, it's full of news and widgets like the MS Edge home page - it's little wonder why computer need upgrades regularly when pointless crap like this is added. It's also annoys me how the font for the part on the task bar is seeming lower than the rest meaning it looks blurry. It's no surprised that I turned this OFF straight away. Rant over.
-
Things that could have been improved before being approved...
Protec replied to 6Foot2's topic in Jokes/Interweb Things
"pride flag" best room number design is where it has coloured corridors such as BL and 1,2,3 for the floor level followed by room number. Then you get something like BL1.23 which makes sense -
Things that could have been improved before being approved...
Protec replied to 6Foot2's topic in Jokes/Interweb Things
If it was anything like my last one, most corridors didn't have signs and there were about 6 computer suites. 3 was removed meaning the number for ALL of the ones above changed which just made it confusing. -
Things that could have been improved before being approved...
Protec replied to 6Foot2's topic in Jokes/Interweb Things
-
Things that could have been improved before being approved...
Protec replied to 6Foot2's topic in Jokes/Interweb Things
-
As far as I know broadband shield is just an option either on or off. I think it's only set in the "Sky ID" thing - not on the router. I haven't looked on there in years (since I got sky to turn it off) but I'll have a look. Thanks.
-
Things that could have been improved before being approved...
Protec replied to 6Foot2's topic in Jokes/Interweb Things
Wouldn't have it for free! -
Has anyone had the desktop background go black after the update? I haven't had this issue on any other computers.
-
The tree was that exact shape when young
-
Still not working. I think I'm just gonna have to accept that it doesn't work.
-
Here is a screenshot. I used that URL for testing and it can still be accessed. I tried taking off the HTTPS part but still nothing. The firewall block IP works fine on these routers. Router instructions:
-
Things that could have been improved before being approved...
Protec replied to 6Foot2's topic in Jokes/Interweb Things
-
I tried 2 different sites and neither were blocked on the 2 devices (desktop and phone) I tried which were both connected to router.
