-
Posts
557 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Protec
-
Just curious, does anyone use TightVNC at all? https://www.tightvnc.com/
-
I can see the appeal for ebikes however, for me I prefer my normal bike.
-
Sounds like a load of exaggerated claims when I skim read it tbh
-
I got a Corsair K63 (Cherry MX reds) a while ago and I ended up switching back to my K120 as I preferred it. I can see the appeal for gaming however for lots of typing the K120 was better for me! I do miss the media controls however I can live with that. It's a shame the K120 doesn't have the same media buttons like the K270 wireless keyboard. I don't really like wireless keyboards and there is no advantage compared to having a wired keyboard if the keyboard is never moved like mine.
-
What keyboard and mouse are you using? I'm using a Logitech K120 and Logitech M100 mouse. They are basic however, very reliable. I used to use the Corsair gaming mice however, I was extremely disappointed with them. I went through 2 Corsair Sabre RGB mice in 2 years. After about 1 year, the first one started to make the pointer jump around the screen. Cleaned it thoroughly and still no better. I thought it was faulty however the same thing happened to the second one after around 1 year (well there's £90 down the drain). On the other hand, I have a spare Microsoft Intellimouse that's well over 10 years old and still works perfectly and it was heavily used! In my experience the cheap, basic mice are better.
-
My back up isn't portable but I just installed Windows 10 on an old PC and shared the drives on the network. Job done!
-
I have done it in the past with no issues such as a HP Pro 4300 that ran 24/7 quite happily for years . Never had any issues with hardware and this issue was likely due to a Windows update.
-
Thanks for the reply! It must have been a background update then that had somehow locked up windows. The PC is on 24/7 so there aren’t any “inactive hours”. I remember Windows 7 seemed much more stable. It could run 24/7 and clock up lots of uptime with no issues. I would disable updates but it’s not directly in the settings.
-
I have a windows 10 computer running CCTV software and I checked the computer today and it had crashed. The cursor wouldn't move and the task bar was half way down the screen. I restarted the machine and it started updating. Not sure what caused the issue. It might just be "one of those things" but still, not good!
-
I just use the shortcut built into Windows. Just press WIN + L. It doesn't log off (or signing out as they now call it) but it locks the computer.
-
Automatically reconnect to Wi-Fi when the connection is lost?
Protec replied to Protec's topic in Windows 10
Haven't tried but I presume it would reconnect just fine after a restart. -
I have a Windows 10 desktop with an IP camera connected to it and it runs 24/7. It works perfectly most of the time but sometimes the router goes off causing the connection to be lost. When it comes back on, it doesn't reconnect and just says "Action Needed". As soon as I click connect, it works fine. I do have it set to "connect automatically" however this clearly isn't working. Anyone know how I can get the Wi-Fi to reconnect automatically? Windows is up-to-date.
-
Do you have a case on your phone?
-
[1903, au] Windows 10 - random NO INTERNET issue!
Protec replied to kennysarmy's topic in Windows 10
One of the PCs I have regularly loses it's internet connection. Windows Network Diagnostics just says: "You computer appears to be correctly configured but the device or resource (DNS Server) is not responding". No other devices in the house have this problem and that particular PC is connected to the same network. I think it might be to do with the Internet powerline adapter I'm using. Windows troubleshooter is usually not accurate anyway so I'd take that message with a pinch of salt. -
No problem, let me know if that sorts it
-
Try replacing the CMOS Battery.
-
The ones here were being replaced with EPSON 3LCD ones.
-
Try WIN + P
- 6 replies
-
- disconnect
- display
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
I had this same issue with a TV. The TV was "telling" the computer that it could support 1920 x 1080p for some reason, but it actually couldn't. The TV only stayed on for about 1 second and the only way I could get it to work was to change the resolution very quickly during the brief flash. Does the monitor actually disconnect or does it just showing "out of range" or similar? If the monitor is still being detected, maybe try using resolution hot keys to change the resolution.
- 6 replies
-
- disconnect
- display
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
I think most of them here were Microsoft keyboard 200s, some Viglen and the newer ones Logitech K120.
-
I have a computer with the drives shared to my main PC. Both PCs are running Windows 10 Pro and the PC with the files on is using the file sharing built into windows. When I press back nothing happens. The address bar also doesn't work. I have to go back to the first file to reach another file if it's "before" the current one. Anyone know what could be causing this? Both computers are on the same network.
-
Apparently they are promising 200,000 laptops. It was on the news this morning showing some old laptops being refurbished. One company was putting SSDs in their old laptops and installing Linux Mint by the looks of it.
-
Staff and student with the same name
Protec replied to enjay's topic in Data Protection & Information Handling
Just have it where the students have the intake year and staff don't. This means that the staff accounts can't be the same as the student ones. -
The 4k Promethean ActivePanels at the last school just ran at 1024 x 768 anyway since that's what the native resolution of the monitor was. Also the ActivePanels have so much glare! You can see the light fittings reflected in them.
