NetDiag Posted July 16, 2007 Posted July 16, 2007 Hey guys! I'm currently tearing my hair out trying to get exchange server working with an outside pop3 email account. Ive entered the mail account details into the pop3 connector and I can email out to an outside email account using the AD users i've set up but the reply address of the email sent shows up as @.local! I've noticed that I cant email in to the users as the email just bounces undeliverable! I can however only email back and forth internally using the @.local prefix. Can someone tell me what i'm doing wrong and possibly point me in the right direction? Cheers.
ajbritton Posted July 17, 2007 Posted July 17, 2007 If all your email accounts are on the same domain eg [email protected], then you need to set the Default Recipient Policy to update the email addresses in your AD accordingly. That way, when emails are send, the reply-to will be set to the appropriate address. This will only work well if your user account names in AD match the setting on the pop accounts eg AD account '[email protected] ' uses pop mailbox '[email protected]'.
NetDiag Posted July 20, 2007 Author Posted July 20, 2007 okay managed to get the outgoing and incoming mail working, but when I send out mail it ends up in someones junk folder. Is there a way to stop this so that it ends up treated as legit email and how do I add a footer/disclaimer at the bottom of each email sent from exchange? Cheers.
john Posted July 20, 2007 Posted July 20, 2007 They are a legal requirment though Geoff, I forgot the rule / act they are part of but I was given a document on it and told to action it. Anyway to be uuber helpful, If you use Sophos Puremessage for your anti-virus / spam on email that has one, or you could buy a program called Exclaimer which is very neat and does that job.
simonlonsdale Posted May 12, 2008 Posted May 12, 2008 Hi, If you find anyone who can help; can you let me know? Thanks Simon
Edu-IT Posted May 13, 2008 Posted May 13, 2008 Hi, If you find anyone who can help; can you let me know? Thanks Simon What problems are you having? Or do you want to know how to go about installing Exchange from scratch?
simonlonsdale Posted May 13, 2008 Posted May 13, 2008 I have Exchange running and emails coming in and out; but I now need to set up a new Domain and can't see where to start.
Ben_Stanton Posted May 13, 2008 Posted May 13, 2008 What version of exchange? To create a disclaimers in 2007, you have to create a transport rule.
mac_shinobi Posted May 13, 2008 Posted May 13, 2008 just curious if you can get a trial version of exchange so I can play around with it or is this one of those things you only get experience of if you work in a place that has exchange ?
localzuk Posted May 13, 2008 Posted May 13, 2008 They are a legal requirment though Geoff, I forgot the rule / act they are part of but I was given a document on it and told to action it. They aren't a legal requirement at all. The validity of any such disclaimer is also dubious, due to the fact that such disclaimers have to be agreed to by both parties, and just tacking it on the end of an email doesn't ensure this. Also, for it to hold any real weight, the text would have to come before the body of the email, otherwise the person will have read the email before a disclaimer! However, it all depends on what is being sent.
john Posted May 13, 2008 Posted May 13, 2008 They aren't a legal requirement at all. The validity of any such disclaimer is also dubious, due to the fact that such disclaimers have to be agreed to by both parties, and just tacking it on the end of an email doesn't ensure this. Also, for it to hold any real weight, the text would have to come before the body of the email, otherwise the person will have read the email before a disclaimer! However, it all depends on what is being sent. I disagree, doing some work for limited companies and registered charities (which most schools are) I got given a copy of a page from a document that I was told came from the Chartiy Commission saying we had to deal with it and for Limited Companies it was part of the legal changes that came in force in 2007 Companies Act Updates: It is now a legal requirement for all websites belonging to a Limited Company to include the following (additional) information: Full name of the company the website represents Company registration number and place of registration Registered office address Trading address VAT registration number Contact email address Details of any trade/professional association memberships (inc Registration Number) NOTE: You should also include all of these details on all emails sent out in the name of the company. Most corporate websites historically have not included this information. It is therefore essential for ALL clients that are Limited Companies to check the details on their site. This information does not have to be displayed on every page (contrary to popular belief) but it does need to be on a page that is accessible from every other page (if not on all pages). Companies to update websites and email footers before 2007 | OUT-LAW.COM Email notices and email footers | OUT-LAW.COM
SYNACK Posted May 14, 2008 Posted May 14, 2008 just curious if you can get a trial version of exchange so I can play around with it or is this one of those things you only get experience of if you work in a place that has exchange ? There are lots of ways to give it a go for free without having to work somewhere that has it: http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/default.mspx Trials Hosted Trial: Sign up for fully functional Exchange Server 2007 account in minutes. Run IT on a Virtual Hard Disk Download a pre-configured and ready-to-run virtual machine image to instantly deploy Exchange Server 2007. Full Installation: Install a 120-day trial of a fully functional Exchange Server 2007 deployment on your own server. A guided evaluation program helps you make the most of the trial. 1
localzuk Posted May 14, 2008 Posted May 14, 2008 I disagree, doing some work for limited companies and registered charities (which most schools are) I got given a copy of a page from a document that I was told came from the Chartiy Commission saying we had to deal with it and for Limited Companies it was part of the legal changes that came in force in 2007 Companies Act Updates: Companies to update websites and email footers before 2007 | OUT-LAW.COM Email notices and email footers | OUT-LAW.COM That isn't a disclaimer. That is simply complying with the rules of being a company. The law has always been there that business letters required that information, it has now just extended to emails and websites. A disclaimer is all that legal gibberish that appears on emails from corporations, government bodies etc... who seem to think a random block of text at the bottom of an email is a binding contract.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now