Danp Posted November 8, 2012 Posted November 8, 2012 No, I am not trying to list it for sale here, more to ask advice. I need to sell my Mac Air, but I dont want to go down the eBay route if I can help it as I want to deal cash only but not sure if I want some random turning up at my house to buy it or not! Not sure why I am so twitchy about it, I have sold cars worth more through eBay before.
witch Posted November 8, 2012 Posted November 8, 2012 Gumtree? You could specify where to meet etc if someone coming to your house really bothers you - but that does make YOU look a bit dodgy!
mac_shinobi Posted November 8, 2012 Posted November 8, 2012 On ebay you can specify collection only or if you are going to deliver make sure it is recorded so you have proof of signature etc.
flyinghaggis Posted November 8, 2012 Posted November 8, 2012 You could specify where to meet etc if someone coming to your house really bothers you - but that does make YOU look a bit dodgy! I was thinking that. "So you'd like to buy my Macbook.... I'll meet you down the local pub.... please bring £1000... in cash!" I think most genuine buyers would run a mile!
Arthur Posted November 8, 2012 Posted November 8, 2012 make sure it is recorded so you have proof of signature etc. eBay will always side with the buyer so proof of delivery is essentially worthless. 1
Haptic Posted November 8, 2012 Posted November 8, 2012 if you have spec info etc drop me a PM I might be in a position to buy.... Joe 'Tired of his creaky old DELL'
mac_shinobi Posted November 8, 2012 Posted November 8, 2012 eBay will always side with the buyer so proof of delivery is essentially worthless. I've been put off by eBay / paypal with there ( at least in my opinion anway ) high charges. Sold my 2008 Mac Pro several months to a year ago for £1100 and ebay took £50 and paypal took £50 so I essentially lost about 9 or 10% of my money just on charges so only came out with about £1000. £100 gone out the window before I saw any money. I understand it's convenience etc but that is a lot of money just for ebay to advertise it and for paypal to send me money.
Sylv3r Posted November 8, 2012 Posted November 8, 2012 I sold my previus model macbook air before I bought the new one and thought I got a decent deal on it, but by the time eBay and Paypal took their cut I couldn't believe it - it was nearly £80 in total.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now