Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi all,

 

I currently work for School IT Systems Support in Hertfordshire, been working there for 5 1/2 years. But as of Monday I will be working for RM focusing on one school in Islington. Looking forward to the change should be a new challenge for me, I thought I would join the site as should mean that I am able to pool some of the knowledge on this website :D

Posted
Hi all,

 

I currently work for School IT Systems Support in Hertfordshire, been working there for 5 1/2 years. But as of Monday I will be working for RM focusing on one school in Islington. Looking forward to the change should be a new challenge for me, I thought I would join the site as should mean that I am able to pool some of the knowledge on this website :D

 

:welcome: @colinengland - i'm sure you'll fit in well.

  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

Hi everyone!

 

I'm Emma, work as a single site IT Tech for a small primary school on the wirral, full time which i believe is pretty uncommon for a primary school around here, still keeps me busy though. role consists of babysitting a mostly well behaved RM network (windows minus a few ipads/ipods), Web design/development, smartboards/cameras etc..basically if it has a plug on it or requires a battery its my responsibility. Started out in IT as a one.doc coordinator at a powerstation, hated it. Moved to the education sector and absolutely love it!

Posted
Hi. I'm a computer science university student from the USA. Though, to be honest, the only reason I came here was for help with Steam, the computer game management platform.
Posted
Hi. I'm a computer science university student from the USA. Though, to be honest, the only reason I came here was for help with Steam, the computer game management platform.

:welcome: Hello and welcome anyway :)

 

And hello and welcome to @nyiss too :)

Posted
Hi. I'm a computer science university student from the USA. Though, to be honest, the only reason I came here was for help with Steam, the computer game management platform.

Stick around, it's friendly here and you'll no doubt have plenty to contribute :)

Posted

I'm a Server Engineer from North Carolina. Deal with Server 2008R2, 2008, 2003R2, 2003, Novell Netware. Deal with Sophos Anti-Virus to 21,000 computers, Sophos Web filtering for 45,000 users, Sophos e-mail filtering for 5,000 users. Microsoft Group Policy. Google Apps for Education. BlackBerry Enterprise Server. Active Directory.

 

That might be all, I can't remember. :) Back to work.

Posted
VBA / scripting / C++ / C# / embedded development person here. Have been in a school two years as Data Manager. Seriously hope they're not all as insane as this place!
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
Thank you for providing a manual that I could not find. Not in education anymore but this is about the only forum I've found that has real help on it.
Posted
Thank you for providing a manual that I could not find. Not in education anymore but this is about the only forum I've found that has real help on it.

:welcome: Hello and welcome!

Glad we could help.

You certainly don't need to be working in education to post here, so please stick around :)

Posted

:welcome: to everyone that has recently joined.

 

Hi Im Terry,

Im from Peacehaven and currently looking for a Placement in the IT industry. So far no luck haha

 

Yep, its hard to get a position in IT at the moment

Posted
:welcome: to everyone that has recently joined.

 

 

 

Yep, its hard to get a position in IT at the moment

 

I've got all these qualifications which i have worked so hard for and now its all about trying to get your foot in the door, which is proving rather hard as no one is really employing due to the economy. If anyone who's got any job vacancies within east sussex please can you message me :D

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...