Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Active Directory binding to Mountain Lion 10.8.5


Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi,

 

We have a 2008 R2 domain and are trying to bind a mountain lion client running 10.8.5 to active directory. We have put the correct username and password in and have also confirmed that the DNS servers and domain search fields are correct on the clients network card settings.

 

The error we receive is "could not contact server"

 

Has anybody else had this issue, I also tried to bind with an old leopard client and that came up with a similar error. Is there anything I need to check with our DC's?

 

Thanks

Adam.

Posted
Yup checked that too and pointed it towards one of our DCs which is the time server for the network and it updated straight away but still won't let me bind.
Posted
It won't be on 10.8.5 yet, 10.8.2 just came out. We just had this issue with a batch of Lion machines running 10.7.2, updating to 10.7.5 fixed it.

 

I'm probably mistaken about the exact version. It is mountain lion though and as usual with the directory utility, it doesn't give you a whole lot of information when it doesn't connect.

Posted

tried that still the same , saying that I can't ping it by name only by IP - not entirely sure how to fix that (im using two interfaces - lan to vlan1, and wifi to vlan2 - profile manager is on vlan2)

(total noob at macs im afraid)

Posted
Why do you have it setup like that? It does not matter if you have one VLAN. If its because of imaging you can use IP Helper-address to get imaging over VLANS. All signs really point to DNS or VLAN tagging. These situations are hard to diagnose without a physical machine to look at lol.
Posted

pretty much this http://www.edugeek.net/forums/netbooks-pda-phones/102622-profile-manager-set-up-what-next.html

 

mac mini / ipads are on the guest network and I just needed to simplify the exchange settings, there's only 46 so I may just do it manually probably easier and I can keep the mac stuff away from the main domain :) - I'm going to have to unbox them all / upgrade to IOS6 and install the cert anyway before dishing out.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...