teklogic Posted September 15, 2012 Posted September 15, 2012 Its the GUI version, I am pretty sure I have used it in the past for send as permissions.
sukh Posted September 15, 2012 Posted September 15, 2012 no, that for managing permissions for PF, why did the ur4 fail?
AceDaz Posted September 15, 2012 Author Posted September 15, 2012 (edited) it kept coming Up with power shell script missing, then it said it had failed and it couldn't recover. I tried putting SP2 back on and I had to install it in recover server mode. I did remember when I put SP2 initially on, it failed upgrading because the Mailbox role wasn't installed. Which confused me as this is the main Exch server that holds the mailboxes. It worked so I didn't think anything of it lol. Edited September 15, 2012 by AceDaz
AceDaz Posted September 15, 2012 Author Posted September 15, 2012 Well it connects ok, doesn't bring up any certificate errors now and MailTips work again lol. The update seems to have gone on ok on both CAS. Not checked the SendAs yet
AceDaz Posted September 17, 2012 Author Posted September 17, 2012 Hi, Just a quick 1. I had serval problems until I used this software to set up send as and calendar permisions, Office Exchange 2010 SP1 (and later) ExFolders Hi The UR4 didn't solve the issue, and I tried using the above software but I am unable to find where the option is for SendAs. Can you help me with this please? Thanks
sukh Posted September 17, 2012 Posted September 17, 2012 You can't, see my earlier post. Did you check the directory objects on each DC?
AceDaz Posted September 17, 2012 Author Posted September 17, 2012 Did you check the directory objects on each DC? What do you wish me to check?
sukh Posted September 17, 2012 Posted September 17, 2012 Connect to EACH DC and make sure that the user account has retained the Send-As permission.
AceDaz Posted September 17, 2012 Author Posted September 17, 2012 Connect to EACH DC and make sure that the user account has retained the Send-As permission. Connected to both DCs and checked the msExchSendAsAddresse in the Attribute Editor for my personal account and for both DCs it has the helpdesk email address in there
sukh Posted September 17, 2012 Posted September 17, 2012 so you have given the helpdesk account to send-as you right? If,yes, can you create a new outlook profile and test. When creating this account make sure its configured as online.
AceDaz Posted September 19, 2012 Author Posted September 19, 2012 so you have given the helpdesk account to send-as you right? If,yes, can you create a new outlook profile and test. When creating this account make sure its configured as online. The other way around, I have given My account Full Access, Send on behalf of, and Send as rights to the Helpdesk account. I will try creating a new profile this afternoon.
AceDaz Posted October 2, 2012 Author Posted October 2, 2012 Still no luck. I can reply to any emails but the only way to send as the helpdesk email is to remove the "From" email address and add it back in again.
sukh Posted October 2, 2012 Posted October 2, 2012 did you recreate a windows or outlook profile or both? once you remove from the from field, xan you then send an email every time?
AceDaz Posted October 3, 2012 Author Posted October 3, 2012 did you recreate a windows or outlook profile or both? once you remove from the from field, xan you then send an email every time? It was on both, I added it in and checked it wasn't using Cached Mode and it let me send 1 email as the Helpdesk after adding the From address in but when I tried to send another it wouldn't let me I need to remove the From address everytime I wish to send and enter it in again
sukh Posted October 3, 2012 Posted October 3, 2012 that is very strange, i cant reproduce the error. OAre you using olk 2010 riht, if yes, then the nick name cache is stored in the mbx, i would suggest to delete that from your account and test again. i assume no one else has that issue?
eddyc Posted October 3, 2012 Posted October 3, 2012 Is the mailbox which you are trying to SendAs hidden in the global address list? As I've seen this issue myself. The only way I can send stuff out of my "mailing" account is to unhide it from the GAL, send the email, then rehide it. Ed
AceDaz Posted October 3, 2012 Author Posted October 3, 2012 that is very strange, i cant reproduce the error. OAre you using olk 2010 riht, if yes, then the nick name cache is stored in the mbx, i would suggest to delete that from your account and test again. i assume no one else has that issue? We are using Outlook 2010, do you mean delete the entire mailbox? I've currently got a few Gb of emails and a load of calendars and tasks in there. Another user has the same issue, which is why I am keen to get it sorted.
AceDaz Posted October 3, 2012 Author Posted October 3, 2012 Is the mailbox which you are trying to SendAs hidden in the global address list? As I've seen this issue myself. The only way I can send stuff out of my "mailing" account is to unhide it from the GAL, send the email, then rehide it. Ed Not too sure, I have had problems with the GAL and pupils seeing all the addresses. In the end I seperated address lists and hid all the pupils in the GAL. I thought it was something to do with the GAL l. The Helpdesk is in its own Address list. I will check to see if the Helpdesk is hidden from the GAL. Thanks for that advice.
sukh Posted October 3, 2012 Posted October 3, 2012 so out of x users only 2 have the issue. Iean delete the nickname cache not the mbx. How to reset the nickname and the automatic completion caches in Outlook If you have done this are you saying it only works once?
AceDaz Posted October 4, 2012 Author Posted October 4, 2012 so out of x users only 2 have the issue. Out of 2 users, 2 have the issue. So far myself and someone else has had the requirement to SendAs a person. The Headteacher and the School Business Manager, in the near future, will want to do this as well. Iean delete the nickname cache not the mbx. How to reset the nickname and the automatic completion caches in Outlook If you have done this are you saying it only works once? I have tried this and it still popped up with a box saying I do not have the permission
AceDaz Posted October 4, 2012 Author Posted October 4, 2012 Is the mailbox which you are trying to SendAs hidden in the global address list? As I've seen this issue myself. The only way I can send stuff out of my "mailing" account is to unhide it from the GAL, send the email, then rehide it. Ed It is not hidden from Exchange Address Lists, but in Mailbox Settings - Address Book Policy - It is assigned to the Staff Address Book Policy
AceDaz Posted January 15, 2013 Author Posted January 15, 2013 Anyone got any other ideas? I have just created another mailbox and assigned users all the usual access in 3 locations but the error still remains
cynlis Posted February 22, 2013 Posted February 22, 2013 Darren, We you able to get this sorted out? I am having the exact same issue and have been scouring the web to no avail.
AceDaz Posted February 22, 2013 Author Posted February 22, 2013 Nope. Just updated to SP3 and still has the same issue. I need to re-add the email address in Outlook 2010 everytime. My gut instinct is because I have separated the pupils Address Lists from the staff, then there is issues with it
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now