AceDaz Posted September 12, 2012 Posted September 12, 2012 Hi All We setup our own Exchange Server as part of a complete server refresh a few months ago, and now it is hit and miss whether the SendAs works or not. I have a Helpdesk mailbox that I SendAs when I need to send anything out, if you add the email address in to my Outlook and go to send a email, it comes back with "You can't send a message on behalf of this user unless you have permission to do so. Please make sure you're sending on behalf of the correct sender, or request the necessary permission. If the problem continues, please contact your helpdesk." I have tried removing the rights, I have tried leaving it 24 hours, It sometimes works if I remove the email address from my Outlook "From" field and retype it. It has been working for about a week, but when I tried to sort out someone elses SendAs for the accounts it stopped mine (presumably when I restarted the Information Store service). I have noticed that I am currently running native SP2 and not any additional RollUps. Could this affect it? Many thanks
sukh Posted September 12, 2012 Posted September 12, 2012 Can you try using a group and give that send as permission and put the users in that group and test/monitor.
AceDaz Posted September 12, 2012 Author Posted September 12, 2012 Can you try using a group and give that send as permission and put the users in that group and test/monitor. Standard AD Group? Assign Full Access to the User And SendAs to the group?
AceDaz Posted September 12, 2012 Author Posted September 12, 2012 yes, std sec group Done that Added my user into a New Sec Group And assigned the Sec Group SendAs perms to the Helpdesk user Will try tomorrow when it takes effect
Max_Power Posted September 13, 2012 Posted September 13, 2012 We had exact same issue, and only way we could get it to work was to enable the send as permission and the send of behalf of permission as well.
AceDaz Posted September 13, 2012 Author Posted September 13, 2012 Can you try using a group and give that send as permission and put the users in that group and test/monitor. This didn't work
AceDaz Posted September 13, 2012 Author Posted September 13, 2012 We had exact same issue, and only way we could get it to work was to enable the send as permission and the send of behalf of permission as well. It was in both before, but it was really hit and miss. The only way I could get it to work was to remove the email address in the "From" section of Microsoft Outlook 2010 and re-add the email address. I have left the SendAs Permission as the Security Group "HelpdeskOperators" and then went into the Properties of the Mailbox, then "Mail Flow Settings" then "Delivery Options" and added my User into the "Send on behalf" "Grant this permission to:" section. I also have the "Forwarding address" to forward the email to my email address and the "Deliver message to both forwarding address and mailbox" ticked as well.
sukh Posted September 13, 2012 Posted September 13, 2012 The reason I said use a group was Exch will cache this so as soon as you add a user to the group they will have send-as permisson rather than waiting for IS cache refresh or restarting the IS. Are you saying the permisison is being lost or is still retained but end users can't use send-as?
AceDaz Posted September 13, 2012 Author Posted September 13, 2012 The reason I said use a group was Exch will cache this so as soon as you add a user to the group they will have send-as permisson rather than waiting for IS cache refresh or restarting the IS. Are you saying the permisison is being lost or is still retained but end users can't use send-as? That makes a good idea, thanks for the info. The settings are being retained, so when you go back in they are still there. But it just doesn't let you SendAs, it comes back with a email from Exchange saying: Subject: Undeliverable: printing To: My Full Name Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups: Full Name of User You can't send a message on behalf of this user unless you have permission to do so. Please make sure you're sending on behalf of the correct sender, or request the necessary permission. If the problem continues, please contact your helpdesk. Diagnostic information for administrators: Generating server: /O=OUR *OLD* SCHOOL NAME/OU=EXCHANGE ADMINISTRATIVE GROUP (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=AD Username of person sending to #MSEXCH:MSExchangeIS:/DC=LOCAL/DC=DOMAIN:EXCHANGE 2010 SERVER NAME[578:0x000004DC:0x0000001D] #EX#
AceDaz Posted September 13, 2012 Author Posted September 13, 2012 ** UPDATE ** I have tried this with a user, when they have Full Access and their name added to the "Send on behalf of" in the Mailbox properties, they can reply to emails BUT they cannot SendAs the user - i.e. a new email. When they reply to the email, it says Joe Bloggs on behalf of Helpdesk for example. But I need to be able to: Send emails from the Helpdesk mailbox to all the staff Receive emails into the Helpdesk Mailbox and to my personal user When I reply to a email that is sent to the helpdesk email and delivered to my Mailbox, to have the words "Me on behalf of Helpdesk". Is this at all possible? Currently, I can reply to any emails that is sent to the Helpdesk mailbox FROM the Helpdesk mailbox, and I can reply to a email that is automatically forwarded to me when it has been sent to the Helpdesk. If I click the Helpdesk email when I compose a new email, a error report comes back saying I do not have the permission. BUT if I remove the email and type it in again after selecting "Other email address" it works. Is there something else set elsewhere that could be stopping it? Perhaps to do with the Address List?
sukh Posted September 13, 2012 Posted September 13, 2012 Pick a user and delete their OST file and put them in online mode and monitor. Can you easily repro the issue or is it randon?
AceDaz Posted September 13, 2012 Author Posted September 13, 2012 Pick a user and delete their OST file and put them in online mode and monitor. I have removed all my files in the C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook and went into Control Panel and them Mail and then Accounts and remove the Tick in "Use Cached Mode". Then opened Outlook Can you easily repro the issue or is it randon? It is easily reproduced as I went into a generic mailbox SendAs wizard and added the username of the person that needed to send emails as that user. If this doesnt work, then I will apply the Rollup 4 over the weekend.
AceDaz Posted September 13, 2012 Author Posted September 13, 2012 I have removed all my files in the C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook and went into Control Panel and them Mail and then Accounts and remove the Tick in "Use Cached Mode". Then opened Outlook I created a new email, selected it to come from the helpdesk email address, typed in for a different email address and when I clicked send a dialogue box pops up now saying "You do not have permission to send on behalf of the user"
sukh Posted September 14, 2012 Posted September 14, 2012 Is that for the user who is in online mode and has the send-as permissions? How many DC's do you have?
AceDaz Posted September 14, 2012 Author Posted September 14, 2012 Is that for the user who is in online mode and has the send-as permissions? Yes they are in Online mode and has send-as and send on behalf of How many DC's do you have? 2 x Quard Core Xeon with 12 GB Ram each. They were installed Easter 2012
sukh Posted September 14, 2012 Posted September 14, 2012 Can you check the object on each DC and make sure the permission is there? Also, how many domains are there? Did you apply UR4?
AceDaz Posted September 14, 2012 Author Posted September 14, 2012 Can you check the object on each DC and make sure the permission is there? Also, how many domains are there? Did you apply UR4? Which perms should I check for on the DCs? 1 Windows DOMAIN It's still native SP2, the RU4 is being applied tonight
AceDaz Posted September 14, 2012 Author Posted September 14, 2012 check send as permission on both That can only be done on the Exch server?! Helpdesk Mailbox has my personal user as full access / sendas / send on behalf of. The only way I can get it to work is to remove the email Address in the From field in Outlook 2010 and to put it back in again. Will be starting the UR4 at 10pm on both CAS'
sukh Posted September 14, 2012 Posted September 14, 2012 you ca set the permission via exch but im sure the permission should still show on the security tab or the user properties.
AceDaz Posted September 15, 2012 Author Posted September 15, 2012 What were the results of the UR4 and above. UR4 Failed and I had to recover the main Exchange Mailbox server, not tested it yet. Didn't get to bed till 2am getting it back up. Will check it later. Thanks
teklogic Posted September 15, 2012 Posted September 15, 2012 Hi, Just a quick 1. I had serval problems until I used this software to set up send as and calendar permisions, Office Exchange 2010 SP1 (and later) ExFolders
AceDaz Posted September 15, 2012 Author Posted September 15, 2012 Hi, Just a quick 1. I had serval problems until I used this software to set up send as and calendar permisions, Office Exchange 2010 SP1 (and later) ExFolders Thanks. Is this a GUI or PowerShell equivalent? Looking at the notes, it doesn't mention SendAs just public folders. I will look at it over the weekend, thank you
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now