Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Wow, I didn't think someone would actually post an advert to a site that is the 88th most popular site on the net. I think everyone on here should have heard of it by now :D

 

That said, it is sometimes a good site and sometimes a bad site - full of ignorant people who think they know everything about the world.

Posted

yeah suprisingly few people know about it i thought, considering how big it apparently is.

Admittidly it isnt as good as it was a year or so ago, the ranking systems fooked. But behind the front page there is usually good stuff.

 

Is that a dig at web 2.0? ;)

The layout and looks pretty good i thought, using grid system and shiny icons, yeah its web 2.0.

mis-information partially granted though haha.

  • 2 years later...
Posted

It might be just me but I don't really get news aggregation websites like those, they've always just seemed full of rubbish.

 

I much prefer going to a site I know I like, opening interesting articles in new tabs and just reading them. RSS is also just an unnecessary middle-man between headlines and the stuff I actually want to read.

Posted
It might be just me but I don't really get news aggregation websites like those, they've always just seemed full of rubbish.

 

I much prefer going to a site I know I like, opening interesting articles in new tabs and just reading them. RSS is also just an unnecessary middle-man between headlines and the stuff I actually want to read.

 

RSS is awesome. I dont even need to open a website, I have all the feeds in the toolbar in firefox from about 7 different news sources, edugeek feed, TV releases, The register etc etc, and just click on the icon and get all the articles. I can then just open the relevent ones in new tabs. Really good. IMO

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...