Dos_Box Posted October 4, 2011 Posted October 4, 2011 Apple is expected to launch the fifth version of its best-selling iPhone today. Journalist have been invited to a "Let's talk iPhone" event at its California campus due to start at 10:00 PDT (18:00 BST). Doubts surround how different the iPhone 5 will be to its predecessor though some do expect big changes. The launch will be hosted by Tim Cook, now Apple's full time boss following Steve Jobs' retirement in August. As ever with Apple launches, exact details of product features will not be known until the event. Expert opinion is divided with some expecting significant changes. BBC News - Fifth iPhone expected to be launched by Apple So, anyone going to be rusing out to get one when they hit the shops?
Dos_Box Posted October 4, 2011 Author Posted October 4, 2011 Or if you can't wait that long maybe you can try these guys: New iPhone offered for sale via unauthorised outlets ? Channel Register
SmellyLlama Posted October 4, 2011 Posted October 4, 2011 I will be in for this! Should get a call from o2 with details as soon as they know, when the 4 came out they upgraded me and posted it out for delivery on release day. I still went to que at the o2 store with a mate for the lols. If the 3g > 3gs > 4 is a good indication of how good the 4 > 5 will be then I am excite to say the least
markcuk Posted October 4, 2011 Posted October 4, 2011 It'll be the iphone 4s I agree there has been no leaks of an iphone5 just the 4s
rad Posted October 4, 2011 Posted October 4, 2011 do we have any pictures yet of what it is going to be looking like?
LosOjos Posted October 4, 2011 Posted October 4, 2011 If the 3g > 3gs > 4 is a good indication of how good the 4 > 5 will be then I am excite to say the least You're easily pleased!
mac_shinobi Posted October 4, 2011 Posted October 4, 2011 I think it will be the 4S, no 5 yet, just like 3G to 3GS The 3GS was what the 3G should of been I will stick with my iPhone 4 for now
markcuk Posted October 4, 2011 Posted October 4, 2011 have a look here Mac Rumors: Apple Mac iOS Rumors and News You Care About
MK-2 Posted October 4, 2011 Posted October 4, 2011 a big congratulations to all of you saying the 4s. now more importantly, how many will rush out to buy a phone that is identical to the phone released 15 months ago (because slightly better camera and battery aren't exactly new features).
synaesthesia Posted October 4, 2011 Posted October 4, 2011 Apple could easily charge 1/4 for their phone and turn profit on licensing costs for peripherals alone. But they don't, because they don't have to. Each to their own - I'm happy with my blackberry thanks
DrCheese Posted October 4, 2011 Posted October 4, 2011 how many will rush out to buy a phone that is identical to the phone released 15 months ago (because slightly better camera and battery aren't exactly new features). I will. I use my iPhone 4 all of the time so I have no issues with shelling out again. I flog my current phone and use that to offset the cost. I don't really buy much during the year so I'm not that fussed
featured_spectre Posted October 4, 2011 Posted October 4, 2011 friend of mine buys the new iPhone when released and has done since the first one was released. He likes them and he still has all the handsets (but never updates the iOS to the major releases, just leaves them as is) and you can see the difference between the increments in iOS, but hardware wise not much has changed overall apart from slightly better cpu, battery and camera!
EduTech Posted October 4, 2011 Posted October 4, 2011 I don't think I shall be personally rushing to get the iPhone 4s, I might do as stated above and sell my current iPhone 4 and offset the cost against the new iPhone 4s but as said I won't be rushing. I shall be getting the iOS 5 though as soon as it becomes available because if anything it is those features that I am liking very much especially Siri. James.
GrumbleDook Posted October 4, 2011 Posted October 4, 2011 Based on some sound advice I go for every other version and run my contract accordingly. I beta test the iOS though, for a variety of reasons it is done in spurts, and I am usually happy to upgrade to that on release.
featured_spectre Posted October 4, 2011 Posted October 4, 2011 Wait wait wait...let me get this straight....they improve battery life on the new iPhone? How when the iPhone 4 standby time is 300 hours yet iPhone 4s is 200 hours. How when the iPhone 4 WiFi Web time is 10 hours yet iPhone 4s is 9 hours. Am I missing something? Mind you at least they have brought the Camera up to HTC standards and finally introduced a microdock that allows MicroUSB charging!
EduTech Posted October 4, 2011 Posted October 4, 2011 Wait wait wait...let me get this straight....they improve battery life on the new iPhone? How when the iPhone 4 standby time is 300 hours yet iPhone 4s is 200 hours. How when the iPhone 4 WiFi Web time is 10 hours yet iPhone 4s is 9 hours. Am I missing something? I did wonder the same, unless they have it the wrong way around :/ Spec Spat: Apple iPhone 4S vs. iPhone 4 - Techland - TIME.com
featured_spectre Posted October 4, 2011 Posted October 4, 2011 No, apple released the same specs themselves!
Arthur Posted October 4, 2011 Posted October 4, 2011 how many will rush out to buy a phone that is identical to the phone released 15 months ago (because slightly better camera and battery aren't exactly new features). Your point is? You have just described every smartphone. Samsung Galaxy S - Released June 2010 5 megapixel camera, 1500 mAh battery, 480x800 px Super AMOLED display Samsung Galaxy S II - Released April 2011 8 megapixel camera, 1650 mAh battery, 480x800 px Super AMOLED display
Arthur Posted October 4, 2011 Posted October 4, 2011 Am I missing something? The chips? iPhone 4 - Single-core 1GHz A4 processor inc. PowerVR SGX 535 GPU, GSM radio iPhone 4S - Dual-core 1GHz A5 processor inc. PowerVR SGX543MP2 GPU, combined GSM/CDMA radio
gaz350 Posted October 4, 2011 Posted October 4, 2011 I shall be getting the iOS 5 though as soon as it becomes available because if anything it is those features that I am liking very much especially Siri. James. Siri will be on 4gs only due to the cpu and memory requirements. read something syaing it needed a dual core phone and 1gig ram?
MK-2 Posted October 5, 2011 Posted October 5, 2011 Your point is? You have just described every smartphone. Samsung Galaxy S - Released June 2010 5 megapixel camera, 1500 mAh battery, 480x800 px Super AMOLED display Samsung Galaxy S II - Released April 2011 8 megapixel camera, 1650 mAh battery, 480x800 px Super AMOLED display But no other company makes a big song and dance about how this phone is the best thing since the last sliced bread they released. I have only now just started seeing occasional adverts for the SGS2, I haven't been bombarded by BBC tech news reports about the SGS2, or adverts constantly proclaiming "if you dont have a samsung, you dont have a samsung" apple whip their customers into a frenzy with drip fed rumours and then nobody is allowed to feel cheated that all they've done is pretty much give the phone a spit polish? if you bought a new car and six months later the car company said we have amazing news, you will want to buy this car soooo much, and then you find out all they've done is add one sticker on the steering wheel, you'd feel let down. it just seems nobody is allowed to feel let down by apple. if they bring out a new phone its groundbreaking, if they rehash an old phone its building on fantastic tech, if they attempt to block every other phone and tablet in the world its a good thing.
MK-2 Posted October 5, 2011 Posted October 5, 2011 Siri will be on 4gs only due to the cpu and memory requirements. read something syaing it needed a dual core phone and 1gig ram? Siri, what do the tears of apple fanboys taste like?
Dos_Box Posted October 5, 2011 Author Posted October 5, 2011 Siri, what do the tears of apple fanboys taste like? Money. 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now